Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jasta 5 Part 3 1918 - Fokker DVII  (Read 4409 times)

KevinHoggard

• Missioneer
Jasta 5 Part 3 1918 - Fokker DVII
« on: October 27, 2017, 10:21:52 PM »

The final part of the Jasta 5 Campaign.  This is a 14 mission Campaign flying the Fokker DVII.

Download Instructions
Download the Jasta 5 part 3 from https://www.mediafire.com/file/a15qju1u9rx56bq/Jasta+5+part+3.zip

Double click on the folder (there will be 2 folders inside)
Unzip the Jasta_5_Part_3_1918 folder to Missions/Campaigns/DE folder
Unzip the FokkerDVII folder into the Paintschemes/Skin folder (allow overwrite if asked)

When starting the Campaign, choose Luftstreitkräfte, scroll until you see Jasta_5_Part_3_1918 / Read the instructions

Choose highest rank

If you have not placed the "fix" for the Fokker DVII download here http://vonoben.free.fr/downloads/0AIRCRAFT_Fokker_DVII_Fix.zip   Read the thread https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,56847.0.html

Special Thank You to Ta183Huckebein for making the DVII Skins for this Campaign

Artwork done by Steve Anderson ASAA aka Jasta11ace

4th Generation Intel

Vampire_pilot

Re: Jasta 5 Part 3 1918 - Fokker DVII
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 02:21:43 AM »

Very nice!
I am looking forward to play this! :)

vonOben

• Modder
  • Wer den Tod fürchtet, hat das Leben verloren.
    • vonOben's Flight Sim Mods
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 12:47:28 AM »

Thank you very much Kevin!  :)  :)

I'm looking forward to play all three parts!
vonOben's Flight Sim Mods  http://vonoben.free.fr/ Twenty Years online January 3, 2022!

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 01:43:44 AM »

Many thanks for creating and for sharing!!!! 8)

Dogbert

• Clueless
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 06:57:06 AM »

Great stuff Kevin, things just get better and better.

Many thanks and much appreciation for all your hard work.

Mike.

vonOben

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 04:08:29 AM »

Hi Kevin

I had the same problem with your Jasta 5 part 3 campaign in BAT v3.3 DOF as described here:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,56847.msg645145.html#msg645145

Best regards

vonOben
vonOben's Flight Sim Mods  http://vonoben.free.fr/ Twenty Years online January 3, 2022!

KevinHoggard

• Missioneer
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 11:58:15 AM »

That is strange.... I wonder why/how?
4th Generation Intel

vonOben

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 04:16:11 AM »

Hi

My experience and impressions of the campaign:

I flew this campaign as  merged the Jagdstaffel 5 / Jasta 5 campaign with all parts, to get one long 46 mission campaign.
It has the same style as the previous parts with good briefings and sometimes with some historic background and the mission types is varied and well made.
The airfield is nicely populated with static objects and sometimes moving vehicles and I had very good framerate in all missions.

Mission 34 & 39: Are airstart missions.   :-X

Mission 35: The same problem as in part 1 & 2 with a mission which didn't get saved. I had to re-fly it and after clicking "Apply" immediately fly the next mission.

Mission 37: Cappy Aerodrome: There were trees in a few of the tent hangars. The AI's had problems with taxiing and taking of without colliding.

I restarted the mission and the 3:rd time it went reasonable well. The only problem was plane number 9, that disapeared with only the tail visible and then disappearing all together. 

After takeoff the AI's flew away in different directions and not to J.10 as it was intended.

Mission 38: 26 June 1918: The Jasta relocating to Moisians Aerodrome.

Mission 39: 27 June 1918 based at Doullens Aerodrome. A typo perhaps?

Mission 40: Slow speed in mis file only 130 km/h (this was the case in several missions). The AI's followed the Breguetes to "Rang-du-Fliers", which was not intended in the mission and it was rather dark when we returned to the base.

Mission 41: Those Caudron two seaters were very aggressive and flew as they were fighters!

Mission 42: One short and one longer freeze appeared during the flight towards Arras. The mission takes place in 30 September 1918, but the Sopwith Swallow was only built in one example and didn't make its maiden flight until October 1918...

Mission 43: In this mission there are Spad monoplanes, which I haven't found any information that they were built nor participated in WWI.

Other observations not connected to the campaign itself:
The AI seemed capable to fly the Fokker DVII and I never saw any AI's crashing with each other and I only noticed one case where a DVII made a steep dive without any apparent reason short after takeoff, but he was able to pull up in time and landed without crashing.
Personally I had no major problems taking off or landing Fokker D'VII following Kevin's recommendations.

Many thanks for the Jasta 5 part 3 campaign, Kevin   :)
This merged Jasta 5 campaign is the IL-2 WWI campaign that I've enjoyed the most so far!  :)

Well done!

Best regards

vonOben

KevinHoggard

• Missioneer
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2018, 09:53:56 AM »

Thanks vonOben,

Means a lot, there are not enough reviews on campaigns. I know how my flying style is so when I make these I have no idea if people will enjoy them or they are too easy or too hard for them without good honest reviews.

I, for the life of me, don't remember placing Spad monoplanes into the game.  I may have to look through and see if that is what was intended.

Yes, I knew the Swallow didn't fly until October.... I put them in during September as the "testbed" :)

Again thank you for the reviews and the compliment. I am glad you enjoyed flying this.
4th Generation Intel

jasta11ace

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2018, 04:17:39 PM »

Hello, If you are going to use my artwork please at least give credit to the artist.

Thanks,

Steve Anderson ASAA aka Jasta11ace

KevinHoggard

• Missioneer
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2018, 06:02:30 PM »

Hello, If you are going to use my artwork please at least give credit to the artist.

Thanks,

Steve Anderson ASAA aka Jasta11ace

Sorry, got it from Goggle, fixed on download page. Sorry again
4th Generation Intel
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 24 queries.