Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In Game Map?  (Read 3005 times)

Sir Rod

In Game Map?
« on: October 26, 2017, 07:56:59 PM »

Wonder if someone can help me?
My in game map  will not allow me to zoom in or our -  it is  fixed  at  fairly  close in and  it is  difficult to know  just  where you are.
I though it was  something in the  config.ini but so far cannot fix it.  I can  grab the  whole map and move  it around the  screen.   and the mission briefing map does  zoom in and out with the mouse wheel.  Once in the  mission the mouse wheel will not  function when the map is selected.
What do I need to change  to resolve this  - Not seen it before.

Rod
i7-930 - 2.93 GHz, Asus P6X58D Premium, GeForce GTX-970, 12GB DDR3,  Samsung 32" , Win10 pro 64bit

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
Re: In Game Map?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 09:17:13 PM »

When Mouse wheel cannot control Minimap zoom as you say ,
check Control setting screen -- HOTAS CONTROL section.

If "Mouse Z-Axis" control is assigned to some function like ....

the assignment will be superior to Minimap zooming.
Overwriting the function by some other analog axis and releasing "Mouse Z-Axis", then Minimap zoom control will come back.

Even you cannot find any "Mouse Z-Axis" assignment and still cannot solve the problem,
you may change Minimap zoom by clicking Mouse Right button.
By clicking Mouse Right button, Minimap area will become wider -> wider -> widest -> closer  -> closer  -> closer  -> closest  -> wider.
Mouse Right button might never loose this function by any Controls settings or conf.ini settings in my memory.

Sir Rod

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 08:19:09 AM »

Thanks Weston, appreciate the  reply mate.
I checked the Hotas settings and could not find any controls set for the "mouse Z axis"?  I did try to use the right button click on the mouse - but that does not change the map zoom function in my current version of Angles High....  It opens up a submenu only,   for different modes of map!
I managed to resolve the problem by coping the  Config.ini and User folder from my last game  save. That has fixed what ever presumably I had changed somewhere?
Would be nice to know just what  happened... Been  flying IL2 for over 10 years and have never seen this before... 
i7-930 - 2.93 GHz, Asus P6X58D Premium, GeForce GTX-970, 12GB DDR3,  Samsung 32" , Win10 pro 64bit

SpongeBob

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 11:04:03 AM »

Hi Sir Rod,
I think that you must have activated VisualMod, since it opens a Map Menu when you use the right button click.
I suppose that you will recover the Zoom In / Zoom Out function with the right button click once you deactivate VisualMod via JSGME.

Maybe you had assigned the wheel mouse to another function and you just could not find it later! It is such a long list that it is usually hard to find a specific key assignment.
What western0221 says is probably the best way to get rid of an undesired assignment: I would first assign the mouse wheel to a joystick control (aileron, for example), and then assign back to ailerons the correct joystick entry, so the previous mouse wheel assignment is deleted.

Anyway, it seems you have just solved the issue.

Sir Rod

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 01:36:51 PM »

Thank you  SpungeBob,
I  did do as  you  suggested  re assigning  the  mouse wheel function and removing it,  following Westerns suggestion.  But it did not  resolve the issue? Now it works  after  the replacement of an old  Users folder and  Config.ini and I am  a happy camper again...  :)
Here are the  3  instances of the JSGME   from the 3 copes of the Sim I have on the  PC  currently.   I do not  have  the  visual Mod installed ?
Like  I said  I have never  come across this I the past  and  it helps  to understand  just  what I did wrong for future reference.  I unfortunately  deleted the old config.ini and overwrote the Users folder - So now I cant  compare them. der   Something must have changed and I certainly cant  work it out

Flying H

• "And you can fly, high as a kite if you want to..
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 02:27:07 PM »

I´d say there´s some setting in the config that was changed. Sadly you didn´t compare the two before overwriting, I guess. Otherwhise there´s a nice tool for that called "File Compare tool" (google it) that can help solving such mysteries.
And you can fly, high as a kite, if you want to.........

lyteyr

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 06:50:12 PM »

Hello,

I have the same issue with the inability resize the map with the mouse scroll wheel.  I saw all the previous post, but could not find the solution.  Any more ideas?  It started with Angels High.  Thanks!

lyteyr

zsoltfireman

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 02:25:55 AM »

I use B.A.T. 3.5 Musketeer

Yes, if I use the visual mode the mouse wheel does not work!

Problem resolved!

I deactivated the visual mode (#JTW_00-PALsVisualMOD9-v4122)   ::(
I sad!

Zsolt
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 27 queries.