Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rumpler CIV for "DBW1916"  (Read 13700 times)

Mission_bug

• Modder
Re: Rumpler CIV for "DBW1916"
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2017, 02:56:01 AM »

Just a quick update. ;)

The throttle bar is now aligned correctly and moves in relation to the lever, also the rudder bar is operable
as is the steering column, seen here pushed forward:

And here pulled back and the wheel turned:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2017, 02:59:55 PM »

Hello guys, progress is slow but getting there. ;)

Three gauges are working, how well though I do not know but they move, top is speed and those below I think
translate to water and oil temperature.  Difficult to see if the two temperature ones were moving so I put her into
dive and they did:

Cockpit and gunner positions with parts added from the aircraft, wing blended nicely I think once I cut a bit off:

I will not be making the other levers work so this is as good as it gets. :D

Edit:

My update has been released into the WWI section. ;)

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,57497.0.html

Unca-Fester

• Graduate of the Dirk Gently School of mucking about.
  • Modder
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2017, 12:26:45 PM »

One thing I'd like to mention between the early and later models of this plane..

Like the DFW C.V,  the early version Rumpler used a 160 hp Mercedes D.III engine, and quite likely had a more primitive radiator arrangement, either fuselage mounted 'elephant ears' or the rectangular upper wing with an expansion tank.

While the later models, especially the ones used for high altitude observation, ( these are the most famous ones as they were able to outrun Viper powered SE5a's at altitude..) ran the over compressed Benz IVa 230 hp engine, which was physically bigger and ran OHV w/ pushrods and 4 valves per cylinder.   I have a couple fairly moderate rez 3d models of the Benz family of engines, if someone wants to play around with converting it to .msh.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2017, 02:54:56 AM »

One thing I'd like to mention between the early and later models of this plane..

Hello Unca-Fester, sorry just catching up on things, first of all welcome to the forums, always good to see new people around here. 8)

Thank you very much for the information, really appreciated. ;)

The three models now released are by gio963tto, he is the 3d artist, I try and get his creations into the game as best as I can but the release pack contains the java and other stuff used to get them working so if anyone wants to take up your kind offer of a different engine all are welcome, thank you very much.

As far as I know Gio will not expand the pack further and I have health issues that prevent me doing much these days, however, I can add other slots if someone wants to make changes to the 3d and add it using the hier.him. 

The FM file used on these was a place holder and really needs the attention of someone good at that sort of thing, I should really have made three separate files for that even if they were all identical to save others needing to add that in the java and still can if there is a need.

I do just enough to get things in game for Gio and others, the hope is that someone who might wish can then take the project further as my main interest is not WWI, I am merely a facilitator and no expert on the subjects sadly or java and FMs

Unca-Fester

• Graduate of the Dirk Gently School of mucking about.
  • Modder
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2017, 10:53:30 AM »

I'll have to look into what is involved in making and adding fixes and new aircraft.  I'm good at .xml's and modding .ac files for FlightGear, this IL2 realm seems a lot more complicated.  Making flight models, does it involve hex editing and commandline stuff?

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2017, 07:24:41 AM »

I'll have to look into what is involved in making and adding fixes and new aircraft.  I'm good at .xml's and modding .ac files for FlightGear, this IL2 realm seems a lot more complicated.  Making flight models, does it involve hex editing and commandline stuff?

Hello Unca-Fester, the process for anyone trying to learn what is involved in making models for IL-2 is a long one if like me you had to start from scratch, my Lysander has been on the go for six years or so, admittedly other projects and breaks from the game elongated that time span.

You have the advantage of already being a 3d modeler, some here just add the aircraft but omit some of the other items such as the damage model that is needed to make their aircraft fully IL-2 authentic shall we say, the models for this game are far more complex than say FSX.

Where to start from your point of view?

Some start with conversions of existing aircraft, maybe change the java to add new weapons, add different surfaces to create a slightly different version of the plane, say new wing, tail etc. for earlier or later types and gain knowledge that way of the new challenge IL-2 gives.

As for FM, if you look at the release thread of the Rumpler you will find I include java classes and the parts for the FM.

So you could start say by adding your engine model to that, Engine1_D0 is the part, a straight swap once your 3d part complies.

Using the hier.him you could add further parts.

To change the aircraft type name you need to alter the java, Mike wrote a excellent tutorial here for eclipse:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,132.0.html

There are many others in that section.

For the FM to be altered you need NTRK wizard:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,42832.msg481509.html#msg481509

You will need the fmd and emd files, one is for the aircraft and one for engine, combined they make the FM.

The plane class needs a new entry if you rename the FM so the game knows what to look for.

If you take a look in the download for the Rumpler and combine what I included with the tutorials you could re-engine and and re-name one of those models and give it a new FM as a first step into the game.

If you use that as a first step eventually you can go the whole way and add your own aircraft into the game.

Hope that helps.

David Prosser

« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2018, 05:32:07 PM »

Thanks, these  skins are FANTASTIC

stiv_069

• Skinner
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2018, 06:46:39 PM »

David Prosser

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2018, 04:18:34 AM »

They're in my skin folder now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 22 queries.