Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: “Interesting” new game called Bomber Crew  (Read 1422 times)

barrett_g

• Modder
  • Jug Lover
“Interesting” new game called Bomber Crew
« on: October 12, 2017, 02:57:51 PM »

This is different.  Kind of like my wife’s Diner Dash game that kills time... except you manage a bomber crew.

Hardened simmers may not like it but it looks like a neat game to pass some time!

SGT68

Re: “Interesting” new game called Bomber Crew
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 10:18:26 PM »

i like the cell shaded cartoony graphics..reminds me of Borderlands...Even though the game is not a sim and the historical aspect has been clearly tainted by politically correct inclusions I always appreciate any game that may encourage a younger generation to investigate historical aircraft...I wouldn't have the love of planes that i have today if it were not for Airfix, Tamiya, Hasegawa  etc etc

In the eyes of many youngsters planes like the Dornier 335, Me 262, F4U Corsair, Mosquito are considered as super-cool as anything a modern age can come up with
"A day without slaughter is like a day without sunshine" ..Marcus Kincaid

barrett_g

• Modder
  • Jug Lover
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 11:58:35 PM »

Yeah I liked the cartoon art as well and was actually pretty surprised at the nightfighter using the Schräge Musik upward firing guns. Though it’s not a sim by any means... you can tell by some of the details that the people who made the game has an interest in aviation.  I hope they add a B-17 and B-24 down the road.

StingerTheRaven

• Lover of the unloved
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 01:38:20 PM »

I hope they add a B-17 and B-24 down the road.

I more hope that they have modding support for new planes to fly. I've always been more interested in the foreign (aka non-us or brit) planes, and I bet a Dornier 217 campaign might be rather interesting, relying on your higher speed and smaller profile to blitz in, toss your bombs, and GTFO before the Spitties and Mossies can respond. Or a Wellington campaign, with a virtually infinite health pool.. and a small, fragile cabin where someone ends up dead in every mission.

barrett_g

• Modder
  • Jug Lover
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 06:02:14 PM »

Multiplayer would also be pretty cool.  Imagine you and three or four friends in a formation all trying to manage your bomber crews when your best friend starts falling behind due to damage.  Not only are you trying to keep all your bomber crew together... you have the decide whether or not you should leave your friend behind... or slow the entire formation down to protect your buddies plane!

Triad773

• Triad's website
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 10:51:45 AM »

Interesting but concur it is for youngsters more. Reminds me of B-17 the Mighty 8th which I used to enjoy way back when.

LuseKofte

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 11:51:39 AM »

I am too old to pass time, if I am gonna do something it should be worth while. And I am not quite sure if this is, it could be
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 25 queries.