Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Blackburn Skua MkII  (Read 20077 times)

magot

Re: Blackburn Skua MkII
« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2018, 06:13:00 PM »

Still working thro D1 D2 D3 meshes
IL2 do not use D3 meshes, no need :)

D0 = no damage
D1 = light damage
D2 = heavy damage
D3 = was canceled byl Oleg, never used it. Code do not load this meshes.

ntw nice Crusier ;-)

Really ?

In looking into 3do msh and Java codes, Stock 4.12.2m A-20G has D3 level damage model functional to load.
But the _D3 msh data are same ones of _D2 msh data ..... so players cannot distinguish the msh parts seeing in the mission is D2 one or D3 one.
"Canceled" was not code side, but 3do msh side.

If modders will prepare different _D3 msh data (model or texture) for some parts , it will be loaded after _D2 msh in damages increased. Stock core codes have already prepared for them.

Official msh converteres are set to generate D0 - D3 damage levels. But content D2 and D3 is a same.
So yes, its true that 3do archives content D3 parts, but this parts java code do not use. Its only junk :)
Reason is simple. Same 1C converters did conversion for other games, like strategy Theater of War etc..  and use too medium level of damage (D2) and D3 as heavy damage.
Structure of IL2 models do not content a medium level of damage.

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2018, 06:23:13 PM »

Official msh converteres are set to generate D0 - D3 damage levels. But content D2 and D3 is a same.
So yes, its true that 3do archives content D3 parts, but this parts java code do not use. Its only junk :)

I did quick java source reading at my last post.
Stock 4.12.2m java codes look like having good scalability about damage visual, not only D0-D2 .... and not limited to D3 .... perhaps allowed upto D9 level even no aircrafts have such many damage msh-es.

magot

« Reply #98 on: April 01, 2018, 11:04:04 AM »

There is IL2 bible - guilde for modelers and this say IL2 use only D0, D1 and D2 parts :)
http://www.smsp.org/il2/3d_modeling_bible/ext_textures&damage.html

Of course, code is possible upgrade for load D3 and next damage parts. But this never done.

Sita

« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2018, 11:26:02 AM »

interesting plane and good Job)

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2018, 11:43:45 AM »

There is IL2 bible - guilde for modelers and this say IL2 use only D0, D1 and D2 parts :)
http://www.smsp.org/il2/3d_modeling_bible/ext_textures&damage.html

Of course, code is possible upgrade for load D3 and next damage parts. But this never done.

Hi.

I doubt 100% correct ? about that IL2 modeling bible is ....

Do you read STOCK game's java source codes ?
In my reading, at least 4.12.2m or 4.13.4m stock games' codes already have had upto D9 level damage msh support.
No need any upgrades about java side.

Besides it, some low level functions are written in native codes and stored in each DLLs ..... some functions written in java looked like supporting wider scalability .... but native codes often ignore those java codes / java functions , and real working results are limited narrow ..... I also know.
So, if damage msh control function maybe limited by native codes ...... my guess will become wrong. I can read only java codes.

magot

« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2018, 05:53:24 AM »

If you build plane with 9 damage levels and adapt FM and other conseqeuences like DLLs, of course you can use 9 damage levels. Its only about programming.
Frame in java code for load damage objects, its not all code. You need brand new classes and declare all thing for example in medium damage assign on FM, dlls, configs, bitmap and 3D graphics ..

that's all

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2018, 02:45:11 AM »

Working on internal details. This is the best image I have of the space between the pilot and gunner.

There is a prominent notice stuck to each of the fuel tanks. Anybody got any idea what this would have written on it. Colour of text etc? It'd be nice to add this detail to the texture.

Bulkhead behind the pilot is now modeled and I am adding a few polys to show some internal strut work to the rear.
I am of course adding the fuel tanks since they are a prominent visual feature seen from the external view.
May need to move the hitboxes an fuel leak hooks to suit the internal location --- these are currently in the wing root area.

I have few decent images of the gunners seat area so that will be guesswork.     

Kopfdorfer

• Potez 63.11 France's most significant AC in 1940
« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2018, 06:28:05 AM »

Well those are very definitely NOT self-sealing !
It would be a very dismal day if one of those got lit up with a tracer.

Kopfdorfer

ggrewe

« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2018, 01:12:04 PM »

"200L Non-sealing internal fuel tank.
This will extend your operating range by 150 miles
Disclaimer (in Red)
If you run into enemy activity, we apologize, in advance"

Exceptional work as usual Ashe, really looking forward to this classic aircraft. Sorry couldn't resist the quip! Don't envy the poor, brave guys flying in there  ;)

magot

« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2018, 11:04:57 AM »

there is any draw of Skua cockpit

P51vsFw190

• Flying Ass Clown #5/#7
  • Connoisseur of strange aircraft
« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2018, 09:30:32 AM »

I would think that these notices would probably have a yellow background like most RAF and FAA notices. Probably with black lettering. Red lettering would probably have been used to accentuate the message.
The fuel tanks were probably a lighter shade of olive type green much like the interior of the above picture.

If you cant find what it really says just put in an easter egg or something witty. 
“Undefeated” champion of the Quest!

JoeFAA

« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2018, 01:03:36 AM »

Any news please?
Fleet Air Arm!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.725 seconds with 26 queries.