Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Iran-Iraq War campaigns - Jet Wars over the Schatt al-Arab  (Read 23916 times)

Ta183Huckebein

• FAC #17
  • Modder
  • aka "Raven"
Re: vampire_pilot's Iran-Iraq War campaigns - Jet Wars over the Schatt al-Arab
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2017, 03:44:21 PM »

Yes, yes, this pleases me......  :P

Looking forward to it!

Vampire_pilot

Su-25 campaign is up in first post!

*This campaign is designed for BAT 3.3 Pathfinder *

4S_Vega

• Modder

An advice, pls don't set AIM9L as default for F-4Es, Iranians Eco had only AIM9B

Vampire_pilot

I am not sure what you mean by "Eco".

What is the source for this?
I have read several mentionings about other subversions of AIM 9 being used. specifically the J. Most of the time AIM-9 is the most precise info you can get at all. Given the nature of the conflict and the very unclear method of obtaining clandestine material by the Iranians I find it believable that there were several AIM-9 versions in use over the years.

However you can always reset the loadouts to any of your choosing in the mission briefing screen.

4S_Vega

• Modder

I am not sure what you mean by "Eco".

What is the source for this?
I have read several mentionings about other subversions of AIM 9 being used. specifically the J. Most of the time AIM-9 is the most precise info you can get at all. Given the nature of the conflict and the very unclear method of obtaining clandestine material by the Iranians I find it believable that there were several AIM-9 versions in use over the years.

However you can always reset the loadouts to any of your choosing in the mission briefing screen.

"Eco" is the F-4E  ;)

L version at the time was the last entered in service for US and NATO, but I don't think that in the middle of 80s iranians had a great number of that, maybe only for F-14.

I think F-4s used mainly B and J versions.

Anyway, in the 1st battle of F-4 campains, my wingman fired AIM9L at mission start, when it was static on the ground on my back before takeoff, against incoming enemies fly low at 12 o clock, killing 2 of them!  ;D

Vampire_pilot

LOL... okay, that never happened to me and I played that mission maybe a dozen times over.
Maybe it has to do with how weapons changed behaviour over time with weapons packs and such. Maybe that wasn't happening with older versions of AIM-9 classes but can happen now.

The loadouts for the F-4 campaign are mostly taken from vern's original, I merely translated them to the new list names.

EDIT:
try my v1.1 in 1st post. I went over it and removed all loadouts that contained the AIM9L with B, E or J versions

Dogbert

• Clueless

Just discovered this, many many thanks vampire_pilot.

Looks like a really impressive set of campaigns.

I appreciate all your hard work.  8)  8)

Mike.

Vampire_pilot

Re: Iran-Iraq War campaigns - Jet Wars over the Schatt al-Arab
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2018, 12:04:15 PM »

Vampire_pilot

New MiG-23 campaign posted in first post!

markino

Re: Iran-Iraq War campaigns - Jet Wars over the Schatt al-Arab * New MiG-23 *
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2019, 01:07:23 AM »

Hi Vampire, well, in the end I managed to end the F4 Phantom and F5 Tiger campaigns and now I started  the MiG-21 campaign.

Some observations about F4 and F5 campaign:

•   The bouncing behavior when taxiing from the runway to the parking is very annoying, but this does not happen on all runways. When I tried on QMB to taxi from the runway to the parking I taxiing in all the airport without any problems.
•   Often, during a mission when I command the AIs to bombing or attack opposite fighters, they reply thei cannot do it.
An about MiG-21 campaign:
•   First 2 missions: all ok, but is hard to kill somethings with A-3S missiles….
•   In the following missions, on the ground, same behavior as the F4 and F5.
•   Check the mission n°8. When mission starts the MiG explode on the runway. I modified the mission by FMB, deleting some items but I think the problem is some static airplane. Rolling with shift+F2 key I saw a pink MiG-21 parked near shelter in the MiG airbase.

To  kill something with the A-3S missile I must shoot it very close to target, about 2/1.5, it is right?

I hope these help you to improve your amazing campaigns!  :)

Ciao!

Marco

Vampire_pilot

Re: Iran-Iraq War campaigns - Jet Wars over the Schatt al-Arab * New MiG-23 *
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2019, 08:17:29 AM »

hey, thanks for the review :)

Yes, the bouncing is annoying. It depends on the mods themselves and may or may not improve with BAT evolutions as some updates are incorporated. It's nothing that's BAT specific.
But the F-5 should have no bouncing anymore at all in BAT 3.5.

Yes, the observation about the A-3S is correct, it needs different handling than a AIM-9.

When AI is too far away and has no visual lock on the target type you order, they will reply like that. That's just a game limitation that can't be helped. Often enough fast jets with large turn radius takes the AI quite far off and then they get distracted by butterflies over there....
You can order them back to you first and once you have them by your side or close, you can try to order the attacks again, The likeliness that they have visual on target is higher then.

About a Mission loading with explosion on spawn. Usually that indicates a loadout problem. Maybe that's due to some version overlap.
I plan on releasing updated sets for all campaigns some time in respect to helicopters and new mods that appeared in the mean time. Now that we have a fully operational new FM for them there's no need to use AI helis anymore. Also we have a CH-47 by now, no need for a stand in anymore.

markino

Re: Iran-Iraq War campaigns - Jet Wars over the Schatt al-Arab
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2019, 12:26:23 AM »

Thanks for info Vampire! The MiG-21 doesn't have chaff and flares, right? F5 are very deadly when too close.... o_O

Ciao!

M
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 26 queries.