Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Iran-Iraq War campaigns - Jet Wars over the Schatt al-Arab  (Read 23920 times)

Vampire_pilot

Iran-Iraq War campaigns - Jet Wars over the Schatt al-Arab
« on: October 07, 2017, 10:23:54 AM »

This is the starting point of an ongoing series of Jet War campaigns set during the Iran-Iraq war of 1980 - 1988.

Supersonic jets clash over the desert. Chose your side, chose your cockpit.

Iran - Iraq War Campaigns by vampire_pilot   -   General overhead Read Me 

All campaign downloads always contain the medal pack
Aircraft skins available in separate download

INSTALLATION:

- Unzip to a new folder
- read individual campaign read me
- Campaigns go to:
\[Il2-1946 main directory]\Missions\Campaign\IR\
\[Il2-1946 main directory]\Missions\Campaign\IK\

- New Islamic Republic of Iran Awards Pack included! (vampire_pilot)
- New Iraq Saddam Hussein Era style Awards Pack included! (vampire_pilot)

- Aircraft skins not included. See separate download!

Best experienced when activating these Mods in JSGME:

- DEF-SKIES_#JTW3   (recommended for experiencing cloudless blue skies over the desert)

Recommended settings:
- No Instant Success to OFF
- Start at highest Rank

Some familiarity with modern jets is recommended. Take off and landing can be tricky to figure out, as well as operating the missile and bomb armament.
But you can always learn on the job.

Assign Keys to:
- Deploy Drag Chute
- Select Missile/Rocket (lets you toggle through your various missiles)
- Rocket Salvo Size  (lets you chose how you want to fire your missiles, particularly relevant for unguided air-to-ground)
- Toggle Bomb release mode  (Toggles through your various bombs and their release modes)

credits for the original Iraq map goes to agracier.

The campaigns:

33 mission Iranian fighter-bomber campaign

The F-4 Phantoms of the IRIAF were used in bomber, fighter, interceptor and recon roles. The sturdy ships continued flying under the most dire circumstances.

The "mother of all campaigns"
Originally created by "vern" years ago, this always has been "the ultimate jet war campaign" for me. Over the years, the Phantom mod and others evolved and the original campaign became obsolete and wasn't compatible anymore with current mod versions. I totally revamped the campaign for BAT Angels High. New mod aircraft, new skins, new ground objects, C&C features. No more additional mods needed for this one.

30 mission Iranian fighter-bomber campaign

The F-5E Tiger II was the backbone of the IRIAF ground attack forces during all of the war and remains in service to this day. Suffering the highest losses of all units, the F-5E were also a crucial element of success.

30-mission campaign for IRIAF Tomcats during the Iran-Iraq War, spanning 1980 to 1988, mostly based on "Iranian F-14 units in combat" by Cooper/Bishop.

79 F-14A Tomcat were delivered to the Imperial Iranian Air Force 1976 - 78. Following the overthrow of the Shah in 1979, the air force was renamed the Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force (IRIAF) and the post-revolution Interim Government of Iran canceled most Western arms orders and the USA enforced a wide scale boycott.

In 1980, an Iranian F-14 shot down an Iraqi Mil Mi-24 helicopter for its first air-to-air kill during the Iran–Iraq War.
After a rough restart, the Persian 'Cats with their extremely powerful AWG-9 radar and the unsurpassed AIM-54 Phoenix missile system became the nightmare for the mainly Soviet equipped Iraqi Air Force of Saddam Hussein...

Beware. This aircraft system is tracking and shooting down opponents literally at the other end of the map in Il-2. Play it with style  8)

26 mission Iraqi fighter campaign

The MiG -21 was one of the Iraqi Air Force mainstay fighters and interceptors at the beginning of the conflict.

IrAF Su-22 / M / M3
32 mission Iraqi bomber campaign

The Su-22 variant was used in a bomber role by Iraq. Intense ground pounding campaign.
Take a look at the readme.

12 mission IrAF ground attack campaign.

The Su-25 saw action during 1987 and 88 in the final phase of the war.

19 mission campaign for IrAF MiG-23 fighter!

The MiG-23 was a mainstay fighter for the IrAF during the war.

>>> Combined Campaign Download Pack  - All campaigns in one!<<<

BAT 3.7 ready

>>> Iran-Iraq War skin pack download v3.0 <<<

*Skins for all the campaigns!*

A basic collection of all the skins needed for the first set of campaigns!
Skins by Texx, mm, vampire_pilot and unknown sources.

Code: [Select]
Changelog:
17. Aug  2019
Combined Campaign Pack v3

23. June 2018
v1.0 of MiG-23 posted

13. December 2017
v1.1 of F-4 campaign posted

10. December 2017
posted Su-25 v1.0

21 October 2017
posted Su-22 v1.0

7 October 2017:
First time posted.
v1.0 of F-4, F-5, Mig-21 campaigns posted
v1.0 of skin pack posted

Vampire_pilot

reserved

Ranger97

• Mustang Enthusiast

Excellent work Vampire! ;D
Nil Time

KevinHoggard

• Missioneer

Awesome!!!! Thank you
4th Generation Intel

CDS025_DOGO

• Saludos Camaradas

OHooooooo  What to say:
THANK YOU.
Downloading  ;D

352nd_Hoss

April 18th 1988........... Operation Preying Mantis................. throw in a US Carrier.............. i.e. USS Enterprise, A7 Squadrons VA-22, VA-94, A6 Squadron VA-95 and some Old US Frigates given to the Shah pre Ayatollah, small missile patrol boats, Boghammers (cigarette boats w/RPG's) and Oil platforms and you have the US portion of the Iran, Iraq war................. but we were outside the Persian Gulf at the time. After doing all that time since the taking of the hostages...(first cruise was 78)..... on the way thru Straights of Mollaca when they tried the rescue, (second cruise on Connie in 80) and going around in circles at MODLOC......... Gonzo Station............ it was good to finally put to practice what we had trained for.  It was the largest Naval engagement since WWII.  US anyway............. the Falklands were pretty substantial too............  met some of the boys off of the HMS Sheffeld, and HMS Action in Mombassa in Jan of 82 on my last cruise on the USS Constellation........   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Praying_Mantis

Would make for one good mission anyway.............

Cheers

Hoss

Dark Apostle

• SAS Honourable Member

Am I the only who can't get a success for the first Mig-21 mission? I've flown it both with and without autopilot and it's not worked either time.

KevinHoggard

• Missioneer

Can't answer your question about that one, but I flew the F5 one with no problems... well except I really suck at landing :)
4th Generation Intel

Vampire_pilot

Am I the only who can't get a success for the first Mig-21 mission? I've flown it both with and without autopilot and it's not worked either time.

The mission has no objective set, you cannot get a "success".

please remember:
Recommended settings:
- No Instant Success to OFF

I have spread a lot of objective in combat missions however so you should be able to get a success almost all the time and accumulate awards points. As a matter of fact, depending on ground action, you might receive a "mission failed" notification if a hidden target on the ground is destroyed before you reach it but that never matters, there's still plenty to cash in on usually.

Dark Apostle

• SAS Honourable Member

Thanks Vamp. I deleted and restarted shortly after posting and switched the Instant success off and there was no problem. It's a great campaign thus far and I'm loving the MiG-21.

Vampire_pilot

Re: vampire_pilot's Iran-Iraq War campaigns - Jet Wars over the Schatt al-Arab
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 10:19:13 AM »

Thanks for playing!  ;D

markino

Re: vampire_pilot's Iran-Iraq War campaigns - Jet Wars over the Schatt al-Arab
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2017, 08:09:24 AM »

Hi vampire_pilot, I am playing your campaign with Iranian F4E and is very exciting!!! I have an only great problem....how can I land safely with the F4E  :o: Every time I try to land manually I crash and explode on the runway.... :-[

There are guidelines to fly and, mainly, land the F4E safely?  ;)

Thanks for all your help! Ciao!

Marco

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 22 queries.