Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jasta 5 Campaign - Part 2 - 1917-1918 Fokker DR1  (Read 10468 times)

KevinHoggard

• Missioneer
Re: Jasta 5 Campaign - Part 2 - 1917-1918 Fokker DR1
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2017, 04:58:49 PM »

Thank you vonOben, worked like a charm... now I can continue finishing up part 3
4th Generation Intel

vonOben

• Modder
  • Wer den Tod fürchtet, hat das Leben verloren.
    • vonOben's Flight Sim Mods
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2017, 04:05:27 AM »

I'm glad that I could help, Kevin.

Good luck with part 3 of the Jasta 5 campaign!  :)
vonOben's Flight Sim Mods  http://vonoben.free.fr/ Twenty Years online January 3, 2022!

KevinHoggard

• Missioneer
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2017, 08:54:52 AM »

2 more missions to finish up for part 3, then updating eye candy for each mission.   Ta183Huckebein is working on skins, but I will release it then just do an update when the skins are done. This part will be 13 missions.

vonOben found the fix for the twisting, but I have ran into another small problem. The tail keeps bouncing until eventually you nose over. I have tried everything from doing nothing, to pulling the stick back, cutting the engine, to even using the brakes... it noses over everytime when under 10 mph. Personally I can deal with that, the mechanics can just push the aircraft into the hanger and change the prop. Hahaha

This part was a little strange because the Jasta jumped around a lot during the Spring Offensive. Many times there wasn't an aerodrome near where they moved so I built one somewhat close to where I could find.  Like the final aerodrome was on the Belgium border, but due to map restrictions, it's not where it should be... but it's on the edge of the map :)
4th Generation Intel

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2017, 11:48:22 AM »

looking foreard to it.

But you know you are not restricted to "WW1 maps", right? maybe you can find the correct area in another map

KevinHoggard

• Missioneer
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2017, 08:47:40 AM »

Part 3 should be released this weekend... Ta183Huckebein was kind enough to make some Jasta 5 skins for the DVII, thank you very much. Now have to go through and change skins for the missions.

This one will be 14 missions.

I will also release the whole Campaign, all 46 missions
4th Generation Intel

Dogbert

• Clueless
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2017, 06:55:35 AM »

Thanks very much for Part 2 Kevin, more goodies since i have been away from the forum. :D

Mike.

vonOben

• Modder
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2018, 04:04:13 AM »

Hi Kevin

I've had some trouble getting your Jasta 5 part 2 and 3 campaigns up and running in BAT v3.3 DOF.
When I've tried to start those campaigns I get no map and no briefing, it took some time to figure out what was wrong.
The problem is the squadron: Stab_JG500 in the mis-files, which is not available in BAT v3.3 DOF and not in default 4.12.2 either...
If I select Stab JG5 in FMB it is written as Stab_JG5a00 in the mis-file.

So I replaced Stab_JG500 with Stab_JG5a00 in all mis files for Jasta 5 part 2 and 3, and now can I finaly start a campaign.  :)

Best regards

vonOben
vonOben's Flight Sim Mods  http://vonoben.free.fr/ Twenty Years online January 3, 2022!

vonOben

• Modder
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2018, 04:18:05 AM »

Hi

After the initial problems it was a very enjoyable campaign, well done Kevin!  :)

My experience and impressions of the campaign:

I flew this campaign as  merged the Jagdstaffel 5 / Jasta 5 campaign with all parts, to get one long 46 mission campaign.
It has the same style as the first part with good briefings and sometimes with some historic background and the mission types is varied and well crafted and the
Fokker DrI made it a fun campaign to fly!
The airfield is nicely populated with static objects and sometimes moving vehicles and I had very good framerate in all missions.

Mission 29: The same problem as in part 1 with a mission which didn't get saved. I had to re-fly it and after clicking "Apply", immediately fly the next mission.
Mission 32: There were static GAZ trucks at the Boistancourt Aerodrome which looked slightly out of place.

Other observations not connected to the campaign itself:

The AI seemed capable to fly the Fokker DrI better and I never saw any AI's crashing with each other and I only noticed one case where a DrI made a steep dive without any apparent reason short after takeoff, but he was able to pull up in time and didn't crash to the ground (in mission 32).

Many thanks for the Jasta 5 part 2 campaign, Kevin  :) I've already started part 3!  :)

Best regards

vonOben

KevinHoggard

• Missioneer
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2018, 10:55:53 AM »

Thank you for the review....

I'm sure you know by now, that dang DVII will not land without nosing over.  This is known problem so please be kind :)

4th Generation Intel
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 27 queries.