Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UP3 Greek Speech edited  (Read 3590 times)

Hubberranz

• Modder
UP3 Greek Speech edited
« on: September 20, 2017, 07:54:53 PM »

In DBW and in 2013, on the original ItalyAfricaGreece Map: I added greek stuff and towns
and made an experimental frap video; it featured interception of invading Italians planes.
Here it is, still on U-tube:

As a result it was asked at U-Tube, if I could provide Greek,  the speech language I used;
10 downloads were made of the answer, before the link was trunked and became unusable.
For respect to the original work ( 2009 and earlier.. ), I had not published this edited version,
waiting for a more UP to date publication of the original, which seems never have happened.

So here is that same link for download of Greek edited; the content remains unmodified.
2013 answer release: https://www.mediafire.com/file/bu4oym9b4r152f9/GkSpPk.zip

- missing actors and phrases were synthesized using what was already available.
- no word for 'roger' was found, so I used "Great" instead.
- some unavailable phrases filled in by English phrases.
- greek regiments files from DBW, converted are within: you must have the greek regiments already, to change them.

Although the author stated he had finished his work, his download only ever provided what is shown below.
2009 release at UP3 : https://www.mediafire.com/file/bc9sr06ejwhpjne/HELLENIC_VOICE_PACK.rar

Credit goes to project or post creator: II./ZG2_Gaga
...and...
voice1: Kostas    KG200_Spartan
voice2: Agelos    KG200_Den Thymámai
voice3: Den Thymámai gamoto (... means something like:  I do not remember for f..k sakes. )
voice4: Ilias     22mdMDZeus
voice5: George    I/ZG52_Gaga
[would be voice7]: Elephant ( unknown if it had been done or released; ..it coud be the document in 2009v ).

voice6: missing; I made out as remix in 2013.
voice7: missing; ..made a remix, 2013.
voice8: missing; ..made a remix...
voice9: missing; ..remix...

voice 1 through 5, may have added missing short phrases or English phrases through same process of editing the available matetrial.
Note: the Readme "private use" warnings I made at the time, were to limit an abusive redistribution.

I hope this could serve as a basis for a complete fully developed improved version one day.
Hello and thanks to all you Greek fans of Il2 ! Sorry for any mistakes.  8) 

Double rhythms, combined anthems: https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2l2q47ur17v6p3/Gr.zip  Love U guys ( ..ladies more so.. ) :-*

FANATIC MODDER

• Modder
Re: UP3 Greek Speech edited
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 12:30:12 AM »

It's wrong I am afraid. You never say "numero" in formal air force signals, but αριθμός (arithmos, the same root with arithmetic). Numero is ...italian and very informal.

Hubberranz

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 08:08:46 AM »

The creator is II./ZG2_Gaga at/from UP3 site in a non-English forum section; he offered only his incompleted work; he did said
he "completed", as I recall but never publish a total result. Probably he meant he completed the sections he was working on.
When UP3 came out soon after that, it featured no speech content whatsoever.

I welcome anyone picking up the flag on this topic and improving it's content, with credits.

I don't speak one word of Greek modern, and barely studied 2-3 years of Greek ancient, half a century ago (60's).

I duplicated the content of the actors available to form the "missing actors", using English phrases for the not ever made ones.

Oh well,
Thanks for anyone showing interrest. My understanding is that said UP3 site was finally pulled down.

PS:

voice1: Kostas    KG200_Spartan
voice2: Agelos    KG200_Δεν θυμάμαι
voice3: Δεν θυμάμαι γαμώτο
voice4: Ilias     22mdMDZeus
voice5: George    I/ZG52_Gaga
[would be voice7]: Elephant ( unknown if had been release ).

voice6: Hubberranz/ remix
voice7: Hubberranz/ remix.
voice8: Hubberranz/ remix.
voice9: Hubberranz/ remix.

...so all the above participants are wrong. Hum. Maybe they are not "airforce" pilots, perhaps.

PPS: Yep, I know what the "in Greek credits" meant:  likely "WTF if I can remember", or something similar.

btasm

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 07:15:20 AM »

Hubberranz:

I came across this voice pack accidentally today, although I've been looking for it for years, having seen the video. In fact, I posted about the Hellenic voices here, but without an answer. https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,41433.msg496943.html#msg496943  For some reason, I had a copy of the five actor voices, but couldn't remember the source. The problem with the five voice pack, however, was that even if the Greek voices were installed in the GR folder in Samples/Speech, when employed, RAF voices were heard. Seeing your pack, I've now placed the "Paint Schemes" folder in my BAT install in the #WAW3 STD and the Hellenic voices appear.

In any event, thanks so much. Seems to work well so far.

Hubberranz

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 09:01:19 AM »

YES,   exactly the way to go.

The language you will hear is always determined by the REGIMENT you use, either default or specific.

Here is an exemple of specific, i.e. 3Mira regiment:
Code: [Select]
country      = GR
id           = 03
gruppeNumber = 1
speech       = GR                        <-------------------------  here is the item that always needs to be fix.
short        = 3 mira
info         = on 15 x Henschel 126; Major D.Paliatseas.

If that file is programmed with line speech       = GB      , then you will hear GB if that regiment is in use,
a GR speechfile being available or not.      [ by the same token, some RAF regiments can be made to speak Fr, PL, CZ, AU et.c ]

... as you have mentioned earlier...
Regiments ( corrected to GR ) are included in my download:   path   #DBW/STD/PaintSchemes/Red/  "the various greek regiments"
where #DBW should be changed for any/all of the four  "#bat files", such as  #WAW3 as exemple ; or in 5.3 it would be #SAS;
STD can be renamed XTD, or else; but PaintSchemes / Red / " +...the regiments ", must be installed so named, so placed.

NB: Note that a few lines of English are still heard in GR as was previously stated.

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 11:27:41 AM »

@Hubberanz,
your video is very nice, you are very good sniper.
Thanks for sharing.

Hubberranz

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 05:17:08 PM »

Thank you Uzin.  :D

Always good to spare the ammo ! Every bullet counts.  8)
I hate to have the perfect enemy target in front of me and nothing left to shoot him with !
That makes for a very long sweaty game. LoL
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 23 queries.