Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Map Mod Request : Cactus Airfield Earliest Condition  (Read 2160 times)

Kopfdorfer

• Potez 63.11 France's most significant AC in 1940
Map Mod Request : Cactus Airfield Earliest Condition
« on: September 09, 2017, 08:58:18 AM »

Hey Guys,

I don't know if this interests a Map Modder out there or not.
                When the 1s US Marine Division landed on Guadalcanal and secured the airfield (7 Aug 1942),
                it was no O'Hare airport (pun intended).

Would some Map Modder be willing to extract the Earliest Slot Map , and rough up
                Henderson field to represent it when it was first operational - Sept 4 1942.
               Narrower , shorter , rougher in look - barely extracted from the jungle around it.

The main strip should be rough , and Fighter 1 should be available as a very sketchy emergency field.
               Facilities should be minimal , and other than the "Pagoda" I feel would be best left to Mission Builders.

I know this request will not nourish true creative needs for most modders , but perhaps it would serve
               to polish the wonderful Slot Map to serve for the earliest historical period of its historical importance.

I use nearly exclusively HSFX7 , so ideally objects from that install would be preferred.

If anyone is interested , I would be delighted to discuss more specific details.

Thanks Sincerely for your consideration ,

Kopfdorfer

Cloyd

Re: Map Mod Request : Cactus Airfield Earliest Condition
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 09:12:49 AM »

Have you looked at VP's Guadalcanal_Early map? It has just the "feel" that you're looking for imho. Much smaller than the Slot map though.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 09:29:04 AM »

I retextured the entire stock PTO map collection:

Solomons Aug42

Guadalcanal Early

Both are in the all-in-one patch of my modpack. Iirc HSFX7 still has my old map repaint pack from 2010.

karo

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 10:43:33 AM »

Hi vpmedia! Is there any chance to get your great PTO map repaints separately from VP Modpack or BAT. The reason of that is both of those mod-packs are "too heavy". Besides, I usually use HSFX7 because of Aaken's FM for planes. I don't want to lose it, but I would like to have a chance to fly over your maps too. Maybe at least, you could prepare just this awesome Guadalcanal map as a separate download... I would be very pleased and thankful for that (and not only me... I guess) ;)

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 10:08:02 AM »

Yeah, I'd like to see it, too! ;)
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 26 queries.