Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BAT v3.1 Operation sealion (static object problem)  (Read 1494 times)

edc1

BAT v3.1 Operation sealion (static object problem)
« on: August 14, 2017, 01:45:00 PM »

Hi All,
I have a problem with WAW3 ver3.1 installing some static objects in FMB  mission 15 of a campaign
from the Stationary_Support_1  objects file onto western desert map.
The objects are :-OpelBlitz6700A
                         OpelBlitz6700A_radio
                         OpelBlitz6700A_fuel
                         OpelBlitz6700A_medic (Graphic looks odd)
I checked out the objects in TGA3 using the same map and eveything is ok in that module.

I reloaded Checkpoint charlie ver 3.0 and the objects are ok and installed them into the mission, I then re downloaded  another copy of ver3.1 Operation sealion and installed it, opened my mission 15 some of these objects did not appear I then tried it install
them again but no luck,
Can someone please test the western map and try to install the above static objects in ver3.1 operation sealion
and let me know if you had a problem or not
Otherwise not sure what to do next
Cheers edc1 (stan)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Focus on the solution, not the problem.
    • Broadarrow Artwork
Re: BAT v3.1 Operation sealion (static object problem)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 09:28:49 PM »

I think you may be right!  Its not too obvious at first but the desert textures ain't good.  I will fix this quickly and post a temporary update before the next expansion which will handle it properly...

...Here we are:  UnZIP direct to your BAT Install and overwrite. 

Vehicle textures can get complicated in B.A.T. because of the number of different eras covered while maintaining a common map base and Static-Objects list.  In this case some *.INI entries have gone awry and 3do textures need updating under the new file structure.

No worries though, work on the next B.A.T. Expansion is well underway.  This fix has already been incorporated permanently.

Why is it 200Mb? - Because the changes are contained within an SFS file.  This is economical overall, but a minor change within the SFS file means we need to replace the whole SFS file.

This doesn't effect anything else in B.A.T. and will be included in the next expansion anyway.  8)

BAT3.1SealionPatch.ZIP (WAW-German Desert Blitz type truck texture corrections - FMB Objects Menu-Support-1)
https://www.mediafire.com/?z4xx236zs97l3s6

edc1

Re: BAT v3.1 Operation sealion (static object problem) SOLVED
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 11:23:44 AM »

Hi Monty,
Thanks very much for your quick response and the Patch..
It cured the problem and I can now carry on with the campaign.
I was unsure to post my problem as I thought I had messed somthing up
and hoped the info I had posted would help someone to sort me out
Anyway thanks again and A BIG thank you to you and all who made it possible for another great two updates
(which are so easy to apply with the installer) giving IL2 1946 such a long long life.
                 (Now the best modded sim available)

ps:- Looking forward to a North Africa and Med update should you decide to do one like Operation Sealion
  Cheers edc1 (stan)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Focus on the solution, not the problem.
    • Broadarrow Artwork
Re: BAT v3.1 Operation sealion (static object problem) SOLVED
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 01:52:08 AM »

Will definately be doing that Stan.  There is a lot of N Africa stuff in B.A.T. (more collectively than anywhere else).  We are aiming for another Install type upgrade which will include this fix and is actually well under way.  I had a big North Africa Campaign out some time ago and Poltava has done lots too.  Chris and I were also looking at the Pacific Theatre, Midway, Guadalcanal, Rabaul and such, so there is plenty of great stuff to come.

Congratulations on making a campaign, we need mission builders, salt of the Earth and under-rated heroes.  8)

indio

Re: BAT v3.1 Operation sealion (static object problem)
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 10:51:13 AM »

Similar issue but with OpelBlitz36S.

I get :

SPAWN: Can't create Stationary object [class:com.maddox.il2.objects.vehicles.stationary.Stationary$OpelBlitz36S]

Tried in FMB to place a 36s, I can find it in the Support1 but is not showing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 26 queries.