Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Single mission for Burma Lower map  (Read 1948 times)

looneytunes

Single mission for Burma Lower map
« on: August 13, 2017, 01:22:34 AM »

Made on the cztx_Burma Lower map this mission is from the Red-scramble mission which comes with BAT in the quick QMB pro folder. That old mission doesn't seem to work anymore since the map makers changed things like rails so you get trains running across ground and through buildings. Not easy to convert an old mission so I had to virtually start from scratch.
It follows the basic outline of the original though.
Japanese bombers approaching Rangoon from the East and bombing various targets in the area. Oil refineries, train stations, docks, airfield, etc. They come in high and loop around the Mingladon airfield before hitting the main docks from the West and then off home. Several refineries along the river estuary are targeted too.
The red force are RAF Hawk and Buffalo fighters which have to struggle to get height in order to attack the bombers, whilst dodging the accompanying fighters. The Japanese airfields in Thailand and the East of Burma are set to land the returning force, but I used the Dead Zone C&C object to vanish them before they leave the estuary, to save FPS and also to stop the RAF fighers from following them right across the sea.
I also like trains so I redid all the original ones so that they run on the rails, and added a few more, so there are now 10 trains running around the area.

enjoy and please give me hints if anything is wrong or needs tweaking as I am fairly new to this. I messed about with il2 nearly ten years ago when my dad was playing it.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/l1q2zf7v1lxtdqa/Rangoon_attack.rar

looneytunes

Re: Single mission for Burma Lower map
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 08:46:10 PM »

Adjusted the distance red force fly West before detecting blue force.

looneytunes

Re: Single mission for Burma Lower map
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 01:30:21 AM »

Made a blue version flying the KI 84-1b and attacking the railyard with bomb and straffing.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jo1e3afq3wf1dpk/Ki-84-1b.7z
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 24 queries.