Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: B.A.T. V3.1 OPERATION SEALION  (Read 37802 times)

cgagan

• SAS Team
Re: B.A.T. V3.1 OPERATION SEALION
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2017, 08:46:15 AM »

The Torrent worked for me! Many thanks again,  8)

urmel

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2017, 09:50:32 AM »

Thanks again Monty&Co!

jacdal

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2017, 11:00:33 AM »

Hello everybody
Unfortunatly I cannot activate the true color high resolution, as I get for ex. the F16 in pink

Any help

Many thanks
Kind Regards

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2017, 11:33:31 AM »

2.196 Skins? 245 missions? a 96-page manual?

It is astonishing what you guys can achieve together. Congratulations. Forever thankful.
NG-HUD v3.2 | NG-MAP v2.0 | NG-CAM v1.5 (New!): https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

tartenmuche

• Supporter
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2017, 12:21:48 PM »

Dear Monty,
first of all, congratulations.
Unfortunately I get the same problem as Cgagan.
I launch the installer toward my Il BAT folder, but I just get an opened exe folder and nothing else, the other four folders don't seem to follow. When I launch the opened exe folder from inside my IL BAT folder, I get four messages "Operation Sealion folder damaged". I tried to download the five folders through torrent as did Cgagan but it takes hours. I will try to open the five folders in a separate one and launch the exe from there, but I fear to damage my game.
Best regards.
Tart
Intel Core Duo E8400 3GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti, 2x2 gb DDR2 1066 mHZ

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Focus on the solution, not the problem.
    • Broadarrow Artwork
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2017, 12:29:42 PM »

Hello everybody
Unfortunatly I cannot activate the true color high resolution, as I get for ex. the F16 in pink

Any help

Many thanks
Kind Regards

RTFM - BAT01-Official Manual.PDF - Page-6

duffys tavern

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2017, 04:07:50 PM »

Hey guys thank you so much for this mod. Can't even imagine the amount of sweat & work that went into this, it is very much appreciated. BTW can you still add mods like we used to?

JimmyBlonde

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2017, 06:54:20 PM »

Thanks for putting these together Monty. It's great that someone is finally adapting campaigns and releasing them in this way, it's a great initiative.

I have a bit of experience in adapting campaigns myself so let me know if I can help out at all. I could spare a bit of time to do some basic editing to get more of them BAT ready so that more experienced folk could give them the once over before adding them to your pack.

Also, I think your TFM DGen pack would be a huge hit if it were to be made BAT compatible. Most of it works already but some campaigns would benefit from a bit of basic editing and imposter removal. (LaGG-3's masquerading as Dewoitine D.520's etc) Since the system you devised is so well organised it wouldn't be hard to make those changes (just time consuming) but using Notepad++ makes it a lot easier than it used to be to spruce them up a little.

Also the pruned air.ini is a very welcome addition.

ol' Navy

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2017, 07:25:27 PM »

In the interest of keeping myself out of trouble, installation-wise, and also to conserve disk space - can I now get rid of all those files originally associated with BAT, e.g. all the BAT install parts, expansion packs, etc now that this is "BAT up through EP13"?  And two more if I may.  I downloaded/installed Operation Sealion.  Now  I notice I no longer have any of the aircraft that I used to fly single or QMB missions, or my "old" campaigns, etc.  Is that the way it was intended?  It isn't a real big deal since I have another install on another drive that has all that.  Just was curious.    And my second question - if my install was completely up to date, through EP12, and running fine, is it necessary to download/run Checkpoint Charlie?  Thank you.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Focus on the solution, not the problem.
    • Broadarrow Artwork
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2017, 10:28:21 PM »

The Installer will do that for you.  But yes, you should run 'Charlie' and then 'Sealion' because of the vital *.SFS updates contained in both.  Ultimately, these self contained expansions comprise a lot more content for a much smaller download.  With the two most recent expansions we have weeded out many Gigs of repetition with careful consolidation.  Much more bang for your buck... 8)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Ask me if I care.
    • Friendly Fire isn't.
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2017, 10:34:52 PM »

BTW can you still add mods like we used to?
Yes of course.
Just keep in mind that since BAT Patches from now on are "self contained", all mod folders will always get wiped out when you install a new patch so you will have to re-install manually added mods on top.
This is because BAT focuses on less experienced users who have trouble to manually extract a zip file already, let alone manually adding standalone mods ;)

can I now get rid of all those files originally associated with BAT, e.g. all the BAT install parts, expansion packs, etc now that this is "BAT up through EP13"?
You need the original BAT installation package and you need Checkpoint Charlie. The Expansion Packs inbetween can be thrown away.
The main difference since Checkpoint Charlie is that now the patches contain all required mod files and will wipe out old stuff in the beginning of the installation, which means that whatever the installation instructions of previous patches told you, the install now simply goes:
  • Install BAT (the base pack)
  • Install Checkpoint Charlie

I notice I no longer have any of the aircraft that I used to fly single or QMB missions, or my "old" campaigns, etc.  Is that the way it was intended?
If you're talking about additional aircraft/missions/campaigns which you've added manually "on top" of BAT: Yes.
Otherwise: No, which aircraft/missions/campaigns are affected? How can we reproduce the issue?

Best regards - Mike
Learn. Challenge. Improve. In loving memory of the times when I cared...

lefterisss

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2017, 12:14:12 AM »

Good morning!Thanks alot for the sea lion update. i dont know if this the correct place to report that the F-104 doesnt have any AIR TO GROUND weapons .is there something i must do to have the ATG ordance back??
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 26 queries.