Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Grand Canyon 2.03  (Read 37791 times)

Pursuivant

Re: Grand Canyon 2.03
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 02:37:15 PM »

You'll note in the download that I've included a complete set of QMB missions.

Woo hoo!

Thanks!

Triad773

• Triad's website
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 09:40:55 PM »

Ran into a hiccup when I tried upgrading the map- got this

Thought I'd ran down the install twice, but where might I look for the source of the error?

Thanks

Triad

viking4570

• Modder
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 04:56:37 AM »

shift tab to bring up the log inwhen you try to load the map in the FMB.  It will tell you what caused the error.

Did you install these files also?

If you do not run Ultrapack, you may need the following files also.  It includes the necessary woods and forest textures from NTL Darwin and Gilb's 4 Seasons English Channel map.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/m2nli32mlty/VKG_Grand_Canyon_Texture_Supplement.7z

Triad773

• Triad's website
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2010, 07:51:11 AM »

Thanks Viking- I will try that. I run UP 2.0 and the previous GC map worked well. I installed the latest version, updated the Tex folder, all.ini and installed the patch. I'll give your suggestion a try and see what happens.

Thanks for your reply- I enjoy your maps very much

Triad

duffys tavern

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2010, 11:40:58 AM »

Removed the old map and installed the new one. Still have only 4 airfields. Seems like the old map. Any ideas?

viking4570

• Modder
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 01:03:38 PM »

Removed the old map and installed the new one. Still have only 4 airfields. Seems like the old map. Any ideas?

Does your all.ini entry =

VKG_Grand_Canyon VKG_Grand_Canyon/load_X.ini

Note the old map used load.ini

new map uses load_X.ini

Triad773

• Triad's website
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 01:22:27 PM »

Ah- thanks again Viking-

I had originally installed UP 2,0 right over HSFX way back when-- and HAD Darwin installed, so I suspected those files you pointed to just might do the trick on a hunch, which they did :)

It works and I am again enjoying the map 8)

Thanks again for the help-

Loving it!

Cheers

Triad

Cage

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 01:41:49 PM »

Viking you did a beautiful job on the Grand Canyon!  It's 100% better then MS Flight Sim.   I did find a couple of small bugs though, the river in the canyon has at least one break in it.  It hurts nothing in game play.   Also you have a lake west of Peach Springs.   

This lake is called Red Lake, but is not actually a lake, but a salt bed.   How ever when conditions are just right, you'll see the lake, and even boats on it.   This is actually a mirage from Lake Mead being reflected down to the dry lake bed.   It's amazing to see when it happens.   Thank you again for such a beautiful representation of the Grand Canyon and all your efforts.

viking4570

• Modder
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2010, 06:48:47 AM »

Viking you did a beautiful job on the Grand Canyon!  It's 100% better then MS Flight Sim.   I did find a couple of small bugs though, the river in the canyon has at least one break in it.  It hurts nothing in game play.   Also you have a lake west of Peach Springs.   

This lake is called Red Lake, but is not actually a lake, but a salt bed.   How ever when conditions are just right, you'll see the lake, and even boats on it.   This is actually a mirage from Lake Mead being reflected down to the dry lake bed.   It's amazing to see when it happens.   Thank you again for such a beautiful representation of the Grand Canyon and all your efforts.

Thanks, Cage, for the kind words.  I'm glad you like the map.  It definitely was a lot of fun to put together.  Regarding your first point, It was a constant battle to maintain continuity in the river while making it as narrow as the game allows.  And, of course, the river can't cross elevations so in the upper canyon it is dry!  I may play around with it to see if i can smooth it even more.

Regarding Red Lake - Are you sure you weren't just seeing a mirage? ;)  I think I will change that though - it would be different to have a flat salt bed and maybe I'll set up runway points so planes can take off and land there.

Cheers, and thanks for you comments - viking

David Baxter

• Facetious Extraordinaire
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2010, 12:34:24 PM »

One of my fav maps and great to see it back too 8) 8) 8) 8)

AIRdomination

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2010, 03:52:35 PM »

For some reason I can open this map in FMB, but I cannot play it.. it wont let me save or play.. why?

AIRdomination

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2010, 06:40:08 PM »

Ok, Did that, and now I got this:

Code: [Select]
Missing objects in your static.ini:

buildings.House$Hangar_bois_gros
buildings.House$Hangar_Briq2
buildings.House$Hangar_briq_bois
buildings.House$Hangar_Urouille
buildings.House$Hangar_beton_vieux
buildings.House$Hangar_beton_PF
buildings.House$RussiaKievHangar_Lrge3
buildings.House$Abris-tole-gros
buildings.House$T2_Hangar

So where do I get these? And could the author please provide a link to these necessary items?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 24 queries.