Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: B.A.T. V3.0 CHECKPOINT CHARLIE  (Read 27196 times)

.-083

Re: B.A.T. V3.0 CHECKPOINT CHARLIE
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2018, 02:06:28 AM »

Checkpoint Charlie is the next evolutionary step of BAT, that's why it's called "BAT 3.0" (compared to EP12 which is "BAT 2.0").
It uses a different mod folder structure ("#DOF3", "#TGA3", "#WAW3" and "#JTW3" instead of "#<...>2" folders), so the answer for those who have customized their BAT installation is:
Backup your modified files in a safe place and re-introduce them to BAT 3.0 after installing Checkpoint Charlie.
Or even better: After having updated to Checkpoint Charlie, update further to Operation Sealion ("BAT 3.1") and reinstall your mods there.

Please note that from BAT 3.0 on, all patches will be "self contained" Checkpoints, meaning that when you install these patches using the Installer shipped with them, it will wipe your old "#DOF2", "#TGA2", "#WAW2", "#JTW2", "#DOF3", "#TGA3", "#WAW3" and "#JTW3" before putting the new "self contained" ones in place.
This is to ensure a hassle-free installation for less experienced users (like me).

Best regards - Mike

Does this mean that if I need to do a manual installation of each checkpoint, all I need to do is deleting the following folders each time:

"#DOF2", "#TGA2", "#WAW2", "#JTW2", "#DOF3", "#TGA3", "#WAW3", "#JTW3"

And then unzipping the checkpoint compressed files on the game directory? Is that all?

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2018, 02:12:16 AM »

I think manual installation is not recommended and not supported.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2018, 07:34:22 AM »

[...] all I need to do is deleting the following folders each time:

"#DOF2", "#TGA2", "#WAW2", "#JTW2", "#DOF3", "#TGA3", "#WAW3", "#JTW3"

And then unzipping the checkpoint compressed files on the game directory? Is that all?

The B.A.T. installers will do more than that. Run the installer and point it to an empty folder in example in your desktop. Let it do its thing. Once done it will generate a log. Check the log and see for yourself what each installer does...
NG-HUD v3.2 | NG-MAP v2.0 | NG-CAM v1.5 (New!): https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.