Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: how to destroy many a/c?  (Read 3588 times)

looneytunes

how to destroy many a/c?
« on: July 27, 2017, 08:49:39 AM »

I am trying to use WhiteCat's nice map for a Pearl Harbor mission.
After the aircraft have attacked their targets and are ion their way home.... is there a way to destroy them?
I don't want them using up resources by going all the way to their ships and landing, nor just flying around aimlessly until they run out of fuel. I want them out of the equation by quickly destroying them.
Any way to do that?

Kopfdorfer

• Potez 63.11 France's most significant AC in 1940
Re: how to destroy many a/c?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 09:12:55 AM »

I would make a test test giving them a "normal" flight waypoint that gets them out of the battle area (second last waypoint) , then make the next (final) waypoint at altitude zero at normal speed.
This should crash them into the sea.

Let me know if this works for you.

Kopfdorfer

Kopfdorfer

• Potez 63.11 France's most significant AC in 1940
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 09:59:23 AM »

Okay LT ,

Just did some tests.
               My first guess was not correct. It will not work.

Next I decided to try making the final waypoint at alt 0 and making it a Gattack Waypoint.
               This resulted in endless circling at minimum altitude.

Next attempt , I put a discreet staionary object on the map (opposite Army siren) and attached the
               Gattack waypoint to it.
               Same result.

Knowing that Kamikaze behaviour is modelled , I changed the Siren to the smallest stationary ship - the empty rowboat.
               Only potential problem was what would happen if the first kamikaze destroyed the boat - what would the other ac do ?

I made a mission with 3 flights of 3 Vals , and tried again.
               The first Val (as I guessed it might) nailed the rowboat and destroyed it , but low and behold after a couple of forlorn orbits ,
               the other 8 Vals nosed into the water.

Sorry about the errant lead in my first request.
               Moral of the story - TEST BEFORE YOU POST AN ANSWER.

PS My test was performed in HSFX7.0.3 which is what I fly 99 % of the time.
               As you probably know fms and AI behaviour does differ between mod packs , so you
               will need to test this yourself to be sure it will work.

Kopfdorfer

SAS~Skylla

• SAS Team
  • Flying Ass Clown N°24
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 10:21:39 AM »

The Command & Control Mod introduces a neat little stationary object which is called 'DeadZone' (DZ):

If you have this Mod installed or are working with a Modpack which contains this Mod, then please navigate to 'Stationary Objects', select 'DZ' and place it anywhere on the map (preferably you use an area far away from action). Now you only have to set the AC waypoint on top of the DZ object and as soon as the AC reach it, they'll disappear. Speed-, altitude- and other waypoint settings don't matter at all.

Hope that helps ;)

Best Regards,
skylla
When all else fails: read the instructions!

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 11:11:36 AM »

i was just returning here to post about the C&C option, and i see Skylla beat me to it.
that would be my preferred method. all depends if you use the C&C mod. for advanced mission features, it's a highly recommended mod.   :)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

looneytunes

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 01:40:34 PM »

Thanks guys. I am using the BAT which has C&C I think. Is there a detailed write up about the C&C anywhere?

SAS~Skylla

• SAS Team
  • Flying Ass Clown N°24
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 01:59:55 PM »

yes, there is a readme which gets shipped with the Mod.

I don't have the release topic at hand now; please look for it yourself with one of our search functions ;)

looneytunes

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 09:31:12 PM »

The C&C DZ doesn't seem to work... they don't disappear but just fly around.
I'm using BATEP11.
Have to think of another way.

looneytunes

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 01:35:17 AM »

I put a submerged submarine zig-zagging about and had them ground attack it with their last waypoint. Works OK as they never hit it, just crash into the water beside it, and with no bombs couldn't sink it anyway.

SAS~Skylla

• SAS Team
  • Flying Ass Clown N°24
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 01:44:58 AM »

The C&C DZ doesn't seem to work

Ok, I see there's one thing I forgot to mention in my first reply to this topic:
The DZ object has to be of the same colour as the AC which should disappear. Maybe that's the problem?

Apart from that I don't know why DZ shouldn't work as intended .. is the waypoint position the exact same as the DZ location?
In FMB it should look like this:

looneytunes

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 06:47:32 AM »

yes it was thanks.... but now i reset them all to attack the sub which works OK.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2017, 07:43:22 AM »

Hello,

The B.A.T. DOF - WWI and TGA - SCW campaign sets by Monty27 come with PDF supplements that include detailed information and notes about the C&C mod. Recommended reading for serious mission creators... Here is an extract about the subject of this topic:

GROUP - C&C_MissionTools - DZ (Dead Zone)

This object is intended to help mission designers "clean up" missions by removing aircraft from a mission when they are no longer needed.

Placement: Somewhere out of the way, preferably in the corner of a map. An airfield where you intend planes to land and disappear will also work. Give it the same colour as the planes you want to remove.

How it works: When planes of the same colour as the object get within 1000m, they will pop out of existence at the rate of one every 5 seconds, regardless of altitude. If you want to remove large groups of planes, you should have them orbit the object at low level, or make repeated passes to make sure they disappear. Multiple objects can be used to widen the "Dead Zone".

This object is intended to solve an old mission-builders' problem on maps like Berlin, where there is nowhere for bomber-streams, fighters, etc to go when they have completed their mission and are no longer needed. Rather than have them orbit in the corner or fly off the edge of the map, the mission builder can now simply remove them, thus saving FPS.

* The player's plane cannot be removed by the DZ object, though his AI wing-men can.
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 24 queries.