Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Jagdstaffel 5 Campaign  (Read 12819 times)

vonOben

• Modder
  • Wer den Tod fürchtet, hat das Leben verloren.
    • vonOben's Flight Sim Mods
Re: Jagdstaffel 5 Campaign
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2017, 11:52:26 PM »

Thanks for this WWI campaign, Kevin!  :)

I noticed that the folder name is Jasta 5 part 1, are you planning to expand the campaign?
vonOben's Flight Sim Mods  http://vonoben.free.fr/ Twenty Years online January 3, 2022!

KevinHoggard

• Missioneer
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2017, 08:41:20 AM »

I noticed that the folder name is Jasta 5 part 1, are you planning to expand the campaign?

Yes part 2 will be a 10 mission set flying the DR1, and part 3 will be 10 mission set flying the DVII
4th Generation Intel

vonOben

• Modder
  • Wer den Tod fürchtet, hat das Leben verloren.
    • vonOben's Flight Sim Mods
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2017, 09:47:59 PM »

Yes part 2 will be a 10 mission set flying the DR1, and part 3 will be 10 mission set flying the DVII

Perfect!  :)  :)

Looking forward to those parts!  :)

S!

vonOben
vonOben's Flight Sim Mods  http://vonoben.free.fr/ Twenty Years online January 3, 2022!

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2017, 12:19:34 PM »

This absolutely a great campaign!  I have a lot of fun

Thanks a lot!

Dogbert

• Clueless
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2017, 02:36:41 PM »

Coolio doubleglazious, i am looking forward to the further parts, thanks very much.

KevinHoggard

• Missioneer
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2017, 04:54:35 PM »

This absolutely a great campaign!  I have a lot of fun

Thanks a lot!

Thanks I'm glad your enjoying it
4th Generation Intel

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2017, 05:53:22 AM »

I encountered a rank issue.

In mission 7 (and also missions thereafter, but that's the first one I got this) the game insists to put you into player 5_JG500, which is the AI only flight in this mission and all gets stuck in a loop ("your rank Oberst is not enough to fly bla bla..."). You advise to select highest rank (which usually is good since the campaign maker knows exactly where the player ends up)  so you must ensure that the player fight always is the "0" flight, otherwise the game wants to push the player to the absolute lead position of the unit if he has highest rank.
This you only see when playing the campaign as campaign. You will end up in the intended flight if you play the mission from FMB. Testing a mission in FMB only does not show you this because the whole rank thing does not come into play there.

I had to manually reassign the flights so JG501 is the AI flight and JG500 the player.

To avoid this no matter what, I usually watch for the player flight always to be the "0" flight or put AI flighs on different units altogether (JG6 fx)

wagslead

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2017, 12:40:13 PM »

Hi VP,
When the message stating "you don't have sufficient rank" appears, go to the reset button at the bottom of the screen.  Hit that once and the issue should resolve.  It did for me...
Regards,
Wagslead

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2017, 12:53:03 PM »

hm. what does it actually really do?
In which flight do you then end up?

now I've rearranged all the missions already and won't encounter it anymore.

wagslead

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2017, 01:38:14 PM »

As for what it actually does, VP, I guess the only answer I have is that the screen resets without the 'sufficient rank' message and the mission goes on as planned.  I read about this in a previous post, but don't know what it does behind the scenes...guess I'm not that smart!

Wagslead

KevinHoggard

• Missioneer
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2017, 08:07:19 PM »

I encountered a rank issue.

In mission 7 (and also missions thereafter, but that's the first one I got this) the game insists to put you into player 5_JG500, which is the AI only flight in this mission and all gets stuck in a loop ("your rank Oberst is not enough to fly bla bla..."). You advise to select highest rank (which usually is good since the campaign maker knows exactly where the player ends up)  so you must ensure that the player fight always is the "0" flight, otherwise the game wants to push the player to the absolute lead position of the unit if he has highest rank.
This you only see when playing the campaign as campaign. You will end up in the intended flight if you play the mission from FMB. Testing a mission in FMB only does not show you this because the whole rank thing does not come into play there.

I had to manually reassign the flights so JG501 is the AI flight and JG500 the player.

To avoid this no matter what, I usually watch for the player flight always to be the "0" flight or put AI flighs on different units altogether (JG6 fx)

Thank you VP, I did not know this... From the FMB how do you make the player flight 0?
4th Generation Intel

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2017, 01:40:45 AM »

no prob
It should be set to 1st Flight in 1st Squadron in the "Object/Properties" card of the player's flight

The game counts 1st=0, 2nd=1 .... in .mis file texts, just like with markings or skins listing in there
-> JG500 ID in .mis file = JG5 (that's Regiment), 1st Squad, 1st Flight
-> JG501 = JG5 Regiment, 1st Squad, 2nd Flight

Since highest rank is going to be Squad leader, player will be put in lead position of the highest available Flight of that Squad even if in FMB they are attached to a lower flight.
Being Squad leader also means, Player can give commands to any Flight of his Squad. If you don't want this and limit the player, you need to place AI Flight to different squads (2nd for example or a different regiment) they they won't be available to send them commands.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 27 queries.