Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BOS and BOM on sale through the 5th  (Read 668 times)

Drewm3i

BOS and BOM on sale through the 5th
« on: July 02, 2017, 12:53:26 PM »

Thought I'd share, as I just bought BOM and the p-40 add on and I'm loving this game. The simulation is so complex and the flight so immersive and believable. IMO this game is a worthy successor to 1946. Can't wait for more content and some tweaking of the fms!

https://il2sturmovik.com/store/battle-of-moscow/

LuseKofte

Re: BOS and BOM on sale through the 5th
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 01:43:21 PM »

I agree, but I hardly fly it anymore, I own everything inc. BOK and probably buy BO(midway) too. But if the offline capabilities aint getting better, witch they by the way promised I will not use it for other things than Friday night bomber flights . Public servers , and I mean all is dogfight servers , only luck will give you quality time on multiplayer

Matz

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 04:34:25 PM »

Bought BOS when my PC was only just able to run it so put it on hold for a while.  Upgraded hardware and tried it again - only to find 1C had changed it from 32 or 64 bit to 64 bit only.
Absolutely gutted as I can't  afford to change my OS for one sim. Grrrrrr.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Failure is not an option.
    • What goes around comes around, you'll see
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 11:28:30 PM »

Switching to x64 code definitely makes sense for BoS, even at the risk of putting off a few users (like yours, Matz).
x64 code frees a Dev from the 2GB process memory slot he's been living in when compiling for the x32 world.
x64 code performs better on 64 Bit Windows (if programmed properly).
x64 code has some stability enhancements as it's living in a virtual process slot, not influenced by other processes like x32 code.

Last but not least, take a look at the Steam Hardware/Software survey, especially the OS Version details will be interesting in this case:
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

32 Bit Windows code target less than 6% of users in total.
Add to this the fact that systems running 32 Bit Versions of contemporary Windows Operating Systems are usually the "cheap/slow" kind of PCs, barely 0.x% of these would be capable to run BoS anyway.
No Software Company can afford to keep a whole code branch alive for less than 1% of the target market.

Best regards - Mike
Learn. Challenge. Improve. In loving memory of the times when I cared...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 26 queries.