Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Komet - a reworked old Me-163 campaign  (Read 7953 times)

Vampire_pilot

Komet - a reworked old Me-163 campaign
« on: June 18, 2017, 02:46:02 AM »

I found the original russian version of this campaign years ago somewhere on the internet, created by someone named "Vendigo".

It is a recount of historical missions as described in the Book "Raketenjäger" by M. Ziegler.

I don't speak russian but over time I cleaned up the campaign to use for myself.

- scaled down bombers (over 100 to ~ 40 per mission)
- cleaned up ground traffic (there is a thing like 'too much'...)
- translated and cleaned up briefings with help of google translate
- assigned skins to the Me-163 from my archives

Recently I played this campaign again in BAT and thought I might as well share.
It works in BAT WAW and should also work in VP Modpack as it was originally designed for stock game.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/p74beba2gma6m4u/Komet.zip

*fixed mission 14*

Original credit goes to "Vendigo"
additional credit to the skin makers for the Me-163 as well as the Hangar19 people and VP Media and google translate.

NOTE:
- start at highest rank
- "no instant success" to OFF
- I strongly suggest setting "realistic landings" to OFF.   (you need to land on grass areas and fields where you can't
distinguish the strip and otherwise this will end in a hard landing in 80% of the cases. It is more fun to not crash constantly)

whistler

• Modder
Re: Komet - a reworked old Me-163 campaign
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 03:30:48 AM »

Thanks vampire for bringing so much content to us! I am immensely enjoying all your B.A.T. campaigns ;D
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

Dogbert

• Clueless
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 06:21:57 AM »

Thanks very much vamps, i appreciate all your hard work.

Peter Lynn

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 06:23:15 AM »

Thank you Vampire, I had the older version installed in CUP but it is great to have had you update it.

Pivoyvo

• Ein Tiecher bleibt immer Siecher
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 08:16:41 AM »

Thank You

Dimlee

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 10:31:15 AM »

Thanks a lot.
I think I'll try with realistic landing ON first and see what happens.  :)

For info,
according to some posts on Aviaskins as the one below, "Vendigo" is Dmitriy Gorokhovskiy.
http://forum.aviaskins.com/showpost.php?p=157129&postcount=1526

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 03:30:24 PM »

These missions are a non-stop adrenaline rush from take off to full stop!

- cleaned up ground traffic (there is a thing like 'too much'...)

I could do with even more traffic :P

Thanks again vampire!
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 04:06:49 PM »

ah i can remember that one - a great campaign in its time...the first mission along was great, trying to glide down to a safe landing....
btw I browsed through the mission files a little and found a few textual oddities in the briefings, they dont sound very Luftwaffe like in some places...
other than that, great work - I will surely do some Komet flying in the future...

resistor

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 09:35:49 AM »

Awesome! I do have a question though....I tried to modify the diffculty settings, which appeared to work for the first mission, but when I replayed it, all of teh difficulty settings were locked in their original "realistic" settings. Ideas?

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 11:15:52 AM »

what did you do? start the campaign?
Since, when you start a campaign you get to set the difficulty setting once and they are fixed for the rest of the campaign.
There are no presets coming "with the campaign" if that's what you think. That's not how Il2 works.
all of that is set either by yourself or by whatever you game takes as default... so this has nothing to do with a campaign but with you as a user.

within a campaign you can't "replay" a mission. that makes no sense.

EHood

• Supporter
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 11:17:05 AM »

Awesome! I do have a question though....I tried to modify the diffculty settings, which appeared to work for the first mission, but when I replayed it, all of teh difficulty settings were locked in their original "realistic" settings. Ideas?

Once you start a campaign, including stock campaigns, the Difficulty settings will be locked. As far as I know, the only way to change them is to delete the campaign and start it over.
A ya tsi-tsalagi.

Dimlee

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 01:25:51 PM »

Just going through it. Looks fine, yet in mission no.3 (ground target training) I did not find the target. Either that object lost in transition to BAT or my eyes were too weary.

Most of my Me 163 earlier practice were in stock game and it was interesting to compare to BAT. On the first sight, BAT Me 163 is easier to fly a bit. Take offs are smoother and she seems to retain energy in unpowered flight longer which makes landing less complicated. Or was it my imagination. Sounds are better, no doubt. Forward visibility is more complicated because of "stained" glass.

C&C is nice addition and very useful in interceptions. Grass landing strip is clearly marked, yet not too long so final approach should be done at right speed.
Let purists damn me, but I recommend to enable external views. Many airfields objects, air and ground traffic. It's nice to fly over the map which is not lifeless. No issue with FPS yet, let's see what happens when I go up to bomber streams in future missions.

Many thanks to vampire_pilot.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 24 queries.