Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Westland Lysander 1 WIP June 2017.  (Read 35117 times)

Mission_bug

• Modder
Re: Westland Lysander 1 WIP June 2017.
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2017, 04:44:02 AM »

I always loved this plane, so what a nice surprise!!

Glad you like it FANATIC MODDER, still a way to go yet but certainly game ready even if it is rough around the edges. 8)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2017, 06:49:51 AM »

Hello guys, there is a new update in the first post. ;)

The previous damage model has been replaced and some 3D improvements made see WIP Thread:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,37908.msg625558.html#msg625558

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2017, 07:02:31 AM »

Thank you for your work !

New link added 25th August 2017

Mediafire link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/zms7hnx37whlwlg/Westland_Lysander_WIP_19th_August_2017.zip
Sorry I not see link "25 August 2017" !  :-X
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2017, 07:44:11 AM »

Hello Gabriel, the update to the model was on the earlier date of the 19th August but it was posted for testing before I put that same link here on the 25th August. ;)

There seemed no point in making another link to the same thing, sorry for the confusion a note has been added to the post.

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2017, 07:46:32 AM »

Thank you !  ;)
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2017, 04:35:11 AM »

Hello guys, there is now a new update to this WIP in the first post. ;)

The model now has a ski undercarriage using my own 3D but utilising the java from a Gladiator.

The skis only show if a winter map is selected otherwise the normal wheels appear.

There are now summer, desert and winter folders with the appropriate camouflage tga for each, I have no photographs of British aircraft in a winter scheme so it uses one like Finland but with RAF insignia.

The template has been updated to include new lines with material, shadow and light effects added as well as new marking options.  It could be improved further but I leave the users to stamp there own style on things.

The template has been tidied up so that everything has its own particular folders within to make locating things easier for painters.

Some adjustment of the geometry was necessary to aid insignia placement, however, the result still leaves some difficult areas for the painter so please follow schemes I have alredy provide as they cover most types of camouflage and insignia positioning.  Moving some insignia even slightly will lead to deformation of the roundels.

To do list:

Make canopies open.

All parts require lods.

Marking overlay meshes need making for the aircraft.

Add slots for Mk.II and III aircraft and alterations where necessary.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2017, 05:05:09 AM »

Hello guys, there is a further update now in the first post for you to try out. ;)

Continuing WIP 3rd December 2017 additions to this update:

Please remove previous version as there have been numerous changes to this update.

If you add the mod to your BAT WAW install you will need to name the folder 000_PS_Lysander_1 otherwise the new weapon options will not be available.

With this update I have added various fuel tanks certain versions of the Lysander used, 90 Gallon and a smaller version for the target towing aircraft that I made 75 Gallon as I had no information regarding the exact amount.

The smaller tank is a clone of the larger but slightly altered and with some alterations to the attachment parts so uses the same template, all use the LysanderArms texture in the Arms folder.

Added the fixture that would be used for target towing but the aircraft cannot perform that role it is there for visual appeal if you choose a TT skin.

In reality the large tank was fixed on the Special Duties aircraft but because of game limitations both tanks here are a drop tank, one option allows just the rack for the 90 Gallon version.

Both tanks are coloured to match the default scheme but options and colours will be altered for specific aircraft types when available.

A template is included if you wish to colour them yourself.

The tail wheel now sits correctly following a change of orientation of the CF_D0 to aid the canopy movement, it no longer sits to one side.

Front and rear canopies are operable by the player and start in the open position, you can control them from both positions but all will open and close.

For AI, the canopies close following take off, however, the gunner cockpit does not yet slide back if the aircraft is attacked, I will most likely have to re-build that area for it to operate as is usual in game but for now it is as it is.   If you occupy the rear cockpit of a AI controlled aircraft you will not be able to open it although you can use the gun, so for player use open up the canopy before selecting AI for the aircraft.

The front windows are in sections to allow the upward movement, however, from the external view the parts are not quite where they should be to stop the upper section appearing out side the aircraft fuselage when in the lowered position, from inside I was able to close them up closer as from the cockpit view you cannot see the lower fuselage with the usual FOV, smoke and mirrors my style.

The real aircraft had the side windows in three sections with a hinge between each, the window would articulate into the fuselage as it was moved down following a track on either side as far as I can see from photographs and I tried to emulate this as best as I could.

There is a option in gmax for animating, however, I do not know if that would work in Il-2, it is used by those making models for FSX but the SDK was intended for that simulator, with that option it might be possible to move the window vertical while at the same time rotating it gradually to move the window panels into place, an experiment for anothe time.

I owe a special thank you once again to Dreamk for trying to explain to me the process of canopy animation for Il-2, sadly I do not think I quite grasped exactly his explanations as thoroughly as I should.

To do list:

All parts require lods.

Marking overlay meshes need making for the aircraft.

Add slots for Mk.II and III aircraft and alterations where necessary.

dona

• Modder
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2017, 08:50:39 AM »

Sweet!!!

Mixx

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2017, 01:35:15 PM »

Very best, Pete!!!

Fly!

• Modder
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2018, 07:07:05 AM »

A true labor of love Pete. Thanks 4 all your dedication to this project. Love the windows :)

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2018, 12:20:55 PM »

Glad you are happy with it so far guys. 8)

What I consider the final version is now complete with each type represented in some way, once I get the chance to see it works okay I will inflict it
on the community as a whole and consider it project finished finally.

The project is meant to be representative of the family as a whole so each type might contain elements of various models so they are not necessarily
exact replicas faithfully representing each particular version.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2018, 06:40:07 AM »

Hello guys, there is now a link in the first post to what I think is now the final release of this aircraft. ;)

Some elements of the previous update have been altered and revert back to earlier versions as trying
to get some things functioning as I would have liked could have taken some time and I wanted to finally
bring the project to a close, only thing I did not try were the Lods, sorry guys but I just lack the will to
tackle that particular part of it as there have been no issues reported of it being detrimental to the model
in anyone's game so far.

As reported in the WIP thread there are now additional models and they now show different filters on
desert and CBI maps with the standard one for summer. :o

Needed to add code to the self stationary planes so the same was possible:

The above seems to be working okay in DBW 1,71 and BAT WAW so I think it is good to go.

I would like to thank all those who have supported, helped and encouraged this project along what has been a very long development road, I hope it was worth the effort and you all enjoyed following it and using the numerous updates.

Your help and encouragement and testing has been really appreciated. 8)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 25 queries.