Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Westland Lysander 1 WIP June 2017.  (Read 35122 times)

Mission_bug

• Modder
Westland Lysander 1 WIP June 2017.
« on: June 03, 2017, 10:43:41 AM »

Hello guys, this aircraft as you know has been in WIP for such a very long time that I bet you thought you would never
see a link, maybe you hoped there never would be one. ;)

Anyway, I have decided to upload the current work here as I now think it is getting near to what I hoped, a working
model that at least looks something close so I thought you might want to have a look. ;)

Please feel free to take a look, take the piss, tinker or whatever you wish.   Have a good laugh at me and my ugly
duckling as well while you are at it, I am sure it will be deserved. :D

Any constructive critique would be really appreciated as would any help and advice that will finally bring the project
to a conclusion but please be aware I upload this as it is now when it is still a long way from being fully functioning.

New link added 21st May 2020 for the full mod, this replaces the previous version and all the previous fixes
that have now been removed as they are incorporated along with my latest updates for the wheel covers.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5kfw7i1a473o3tg/PS_Westland_Lysander_Final_WIP_build_R.C._updated_May_2020.7z/file

The link includes a template and some basic skins along with the source files if you feel the need to tinker.

B.A.T. users please use the link below:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/j8hgs6o6e3j4res/PS_Westland_Lysander_wheel_spat_alterations_for_BAT_users.7z/file

The full mod exists in B.A.T. already so the above link only adds this most recent update by me, see readme. ;)

Additional changes since the last full update:

Andy, (SAS~vampire_pilot) added a hook to the TT version of the Lysander to allow it to tow a glider:

Fixes by Birdman to the reticle and gun alignment, also adds updates to the existing lod figures to give a better view at distance, no lods still though.

Reticle fix by 9ball previously in the thread was superseded by the above from Birdman.

There is now a set of files that enable you to change the GearL2_D0 and GearR2_D0 from the existing closed up version to one where the side panel of the wheel covers have been removed and further detailing added to include the mud scrapers.

Two folders are included 'GearL2_D0 and R2_D0 covers off' and 'GearL2_D0 and R2_D0 covers on', just copy and paste the two meshes inside for the option you want and allow to overwrite those already in each types plane folder, for example:
3do/plane/Lysander_1 (paste into each named folder if required).

(The process has been tested in my 4.12 with ModAct 5.30, I returned the files to the closed version you already have so you can decide yourself which aircraft to alter if any)

CowlingRingFlaps_D0 altered on the port side due to showing colour from another part when Finnish late skins were applied.

All the previous default skins were updated to include the new wheel cover changes as well as the previous skins for the PaintSchemes folder. Copy and paste the PaintSchemes folder and allow to overwrite your existing skins.  ( A small selection is included in the download, however, they should fit all versions so copy and paste any of those from the Lysander_1 folder into the others if you want.

Any skins you had transfered previously to other folders will need to be ovewritten also to allow the new paintwork to show on the new detail parts for the wheel covers.

Six new unpublished Finnish skins using the early Green, Brown and aluminium scheme with enlarged insignia, coded, insignia only and blank.

Please remove previous version as there have been numerous changes to this update.

Links to weapons used for this aircraft:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,26355.msg335779.html#msg335779

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,33456.0.html

Installing:

Add the folder '0_PS_Westland Lysanders 19th May 2020' to your mod folder and add the following entries:

air.ini:

Lysander_1        air.Lysander_1   1                     NOINFO  gb01  SUMMER
Lysander_2        air.Lysander_2   1                     NOINFO  gb01  SUMMER
Lysander_3        air.Lysander_3   1                     NOINFO  gb01  SUMMER
Lysander_3_SD     air.Lysander_3_SD   1                  NOINFO  gb01  SUMMER
Lysander_TT       air.Lysander_TT   1                    NOINFO  gb01  SUMMER

If you wish to use the Self stationary Planes add the folder/folders starting 'PS_Lysander_1_SSP. to your mod folder and add the following entries:

Add to Stationary.ini:

[Self_StationaryPlanes]

Lysander_1      vehicles.planes.Lysander_1Static$Lysander_1    1
Lysander_2      vehicles.planes.Lysander_2Static$Lysander_2    1
Lysander_3      vehicles.planes.Lysander_3Static$Lysander_3    1
Lysander_3_SD      vehicles.planes.Lysander_3_SDStatic$Lysander_3_SD    1
Lysander_TT      vehicles.planes.Lysander_TTStatic$Lysander_TT    1

Add to Technics.ini:

//===================================================================
//
// Self Stationary planes
//
//===================================================================

[Lysander_1]
Description    Lysander_1
Icon           Plane
Class          air.Lysander_1
PanzerBodyFront      0.008

[Lysander_2]
Description    Lysander_2
Icon           Plane
Class          air.Lysander_2

[Lysander_3]
Description    Lysander_3
Icon           Plane
Class          air.Lysander_3

[Lysander_3_SD]
Description    Lysander_3_SD
Icon           Plane
Class          air.Lysander_3_SD

[Lysander_TT]
Description    Lysander_TT
Icon           Plane
Class          air.Lysander_TT

To do list:

All parts require lods, however, I doubt I will get around to this part so consider the plane finally finished.

See readme for credits and notes for earlier versions.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.  May 2020. ;D

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
Re: Westland Lysander 1 WIP June 2017.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 12:27:20 PM »

Thank you Pete. I can't wait to get home to download this. I know how hard you have worked on it.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 01:43:27 PM »

Pete!

Excellent! Many, many thanks for your long and dedicated work with this bird, which I know has cost you a LOT of time and effort. But there she flies! At last!  :D

You really deserve som R&R - it has been a long haul!

Now I can finally complete my Lysander North Africa Campaign!  :)

You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Edlor

• Modder
    • My Other Pastime
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 02:13:01 PM »

Looks fantastic Pete  ;D

A big thanks to you and all those involved with bringing us this fine aircraft ;)

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Edlor
It's not the size of the wand that matters. It's the quality of the magic it performs.

Zflyer48

• Modder
  • There is no failure in doing; only in not trying.
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 02:19:03 PM »

Excellent, Pete!
I agree with SAS~Poltava. You need R&R after this work. Thanks for this addition to IL2 world.

Have a Great Day
Zflyer48

SAS~GJE52

• Editor
  • Orchard Studios
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 03:41:50 PM »

Well done Pete, this is a great  example for all fledgling modders of what can be achieved if you persevere...  ;)

G;
Do not criticise a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes...  Then you can call him what you like, as you have his shoes ... and he is a mile away......

farang65

• never two weeks two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 01:51:54 AM »

You've given a great example of how to develop an aircraft for the game.  :D ;) :)
Your WIP thread is really informative  :D
Most excellent workmanship Pete  :D
A most excellent time consuming project  ;D :D

Awesome.

Cheers,
Kirby

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 03:25:48 AM »

Hello guys, this project has taken a long and hard road but it is thanks to all of your help and encouragement that it has got this far, I really appreciate that and hope
it has been worth the wait. 8)

Unfortunately I have a tendency to go off at a tangent and keep spending time getting other peoples stuff into the game, sadly I recently had to make a decision on just what time I could spend at my machine so decided to use it for this project alone and although it is not quite up to the level it needs to be it got to a point where I thought it could be used effectively as a game asset as it is so I released it yesterday finally to the public. :o

If nothing else it can be used for target practice. :D

I will continue to develop it when I can and there is still a way to go, it still needs all LODS and the cockpit needs a working instrument panel as well as my controls need orientating so they move, besides that all the rough edges need looking at and the template improving.

Eventually the hope is also to have opening cockpit canopies and working skis as well as learn how to make the damage textures myself and add the marking overlays, these things though are for another day and right now I need to have a break from it.

Take care all.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

duffys tavern

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 03:54:38 AM »

Swell job and thanx for sharing.

dona

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2017, 08:29:41 AM »

Pete

What a great addition.  Thanks for sticking with it. I'm thinking you owe yourself a big break right about now. ;)

Mr.Craig

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2017, 11:57:49 AM »

Excellent work Mission_bug!
Slava Ukraini!

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2017, 03:44:37 PM »

Thank you !!!

Downloaded it, installed it... works like a charm except one thing : has anyone tried to use the droptank (last loadout) ? result : mission loading null... and, when compared with the 2 other Lysanders which are in BAT, on armament screen, this famous droptanks looks completely different...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 23 queries.