Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: MONTY'S CAMPAIGNS: - DAWN OF FLIGHT  (Read 34837 times)

gmkump

Re: MONTY'S CAMPAIGNS: - DAWN OF FLIGHT
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2017, 01:17:09 PM »

Having a great time Monty!  Don't know if it was your intent, but...

HU 1917_SKULLS - The Red Skulls, Mission #9 had no enemy  planes.  We patrolled and went around about six or so times and then all 13 of us flew back to base.  Not a sign of anything, though nothing in brief would make it expected, but sometimes patrols get nothing.   Though realistic, I don't know if it was your  intent.

Also the home base airfield has several imperfections that cause your aircraft to bounce up and if enough taxi speed, crash.   I just "crept" through them, learning about where these "danger" areas happen to be.  Maintenance crew needs to get out and fill the pot holes.

talhuman

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2017, 06:19:45 PM »

First my apologies for posting in the wrong area. Finally enjoying "Lucky Eight". French planes don't seem to work for me so I am flying Spad 10 with 41/2 kills. Just wonderful scenery and fantastic action.

Crasher

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2017, 05:06:06 PM »

Thank you Monty you are a genius the DOF Flying Circus is a work of art I am enjoying it so much.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2017, 10:02:18 PM »

HU 1917_SKULLS - The Red Skulls, Mission #9 had no enemy  planes.  We patrolled and went around about six or so times and then all 13 of us flew back to base.  Not a sign of anything, though nothing in brief would make it expected, but sometimes patrols get nothing.   Though realistic, I don't know if it was your  intent.

Also the home base airfield has several imperfections that cause your aircraft to bounce up and if enough taxi speed, crash.   I just "crept" through them, learning about where these "danger" areas happen to be.  Maintenance crew needs to get out and fill the pot holes.

That's a bit of an extreme result but it can happen.  The manual explains how randomisers work, with a 50% chance to remove some, or all, potential enemy aircraft spawns.

EHood

• Supporter
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2017, 01:52:48 AM »

That's a bit of an extreme result but it can happen.  The manual explains how randomisers work, with a 50% chance to remove some, or all, potential enemy aircraft spawns.

It did sometimes happen that way in real life, and it's interesting that the game designers incorporated this aspect of reality, along with the possibility of EA spawning, and even flying in and out of a potential combat zone, without ever appearing within the player's visual range. I've read of several Allied fighter pilots in the PTO who flew the entire war without ever seeing an enemy aircraft. Which is why, if no EA come within sight during an Il-2 mission, I just take it as read, so to speak, and move on to the next mission.

8)
A ya tsi-tsalagi.

lyteyr

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2017, 11:39:03 AM »

Hello Monty,

A most excellent and enjoyable body of work!  I have been following you since the origins of TFM in DBW and in Hangar 19.

Regarding your DOF campaigns, I have downloaded BAT-DOF-01 and BAT-DOF Patch.  While going thru the BAT DOF Manual and comparing the Parts 0ne thru Four missions/folder that I should have to what I actually have in the install , I noticed that I come up short - and I don't know why/how!

*I see no HU, RE, or US folders to be installed in BAT-DOF-01, although they are referenced in the manual.  I also saw that gmkump refers to 1917_Skulls in reply #24.  Where can those be found?

*Although Bat-DOF-01 has no IT campaign folder, the DOF Patch contains one IT campaign (The Black Knight/1917_Unyielding), but the manual shows The Tarrentino Front (1917_Isonso), Battle of Caporetto (1917_Twelve), and Legends of Piave (1918_Piave).  Where can those be found?

I went through the Development Thread and Monty's Campaigns: DOF and did not see a thing.  Thanks for helping.

lyteyr
(Ron)

lyteyr

« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2017, 12:10:47 PM »

SOLVED...Downloaded incorrect file  :-[.  Thanks! :)

Geoweb35

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2017, 02:31:58 PM »

Hi i notice a view problem in some aircrafts from DOF module, for example in 1917_SKULLS when i am in air and i look back to see enemy i notice my aircraft fuselage/tail disapear and i dont know why, any solution for this? Thanks

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2017, 10:36:58 PM »

You do realize that it might help if you told what aircraft exactly, right?

That being said, some mod planes have that issue, it has to do with imperfect cockpits for them. That's no bug on your end then and can't be fixed. The wider the viewing angle the more of that effect you'll see.

Geoweb35

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2017, 02:14:36 AM »

oeffag D.III s.253 aircraft,maybe you add this in manual because i spend some time to search a fix for this and i reinstall B.A.T mod.

BLUCHER

• ON ON, FORWARDS!!!
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2018, 01:17:25 PM »

Hey SAS~Monty27

I am a newcomer to the SAS BAT Mods. I have had several difficulties in getting any of the Mods to work properly or at all, but a couple of days ago I had a breakthrough, and I am now flying for the RFC in DOF. All I can say is WOOOOOOOOOW!!!!.
I have comparatively limped along with Red Baron and Rise of Flight for a WW1 flight sim, but once I got this working the graphics and content from first experience completely blew my mind (https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,57956.0.html) What an excellent job you have done with IL2 1946, rejuvenating it to THIS!!!
I have been a big fan of IL2 for many years since I purchased my first copy of IL2 Sturmovik about 12 -15 years ago from a Computer Show. Since then I have collected all of the releases with the exception of the latest "Battle of tthe Kuban". The more recent games Stalingrad and Mooscow, I have been sadly disappointed with, because it seems quite apparent that all that the publishers wish to do now is charge a hefty price for each new aircraft that is produced when before, the modders were producing their own regularly, enhancing the game.
I happened upon a You tube Vodeo that described the BAT Mods, prompting me to upload BAT. I had a particlar prefference for WW1 flying, and fortunately, there have been people such as yourself that have produced MOD Folders for BAT in particular your Campaign s described here. I have finally got these working after many attempts and I have to say the effort has been worth it. Thanks so much for the work that you have put into the Campaigns, and thanks to all of those that have contributed to this excellent upgrade to this already great Flight Sim. You have resurected it to being the example by which all other flight sims should be judged. I had many years of fun with IL2 Forgotten Battles, and it looks like I am set on a course to have many more with this new rejuvenation of what has always been one of my two favourite sims....... the other one being Falcon BMS with its latest upgrades. Thanks once again for your brilliant work.
There were a couple of issues worth mentioning from my initial experience and those will be found within the above referenced link, and I would welcome any comment that you may have in response.

SpongeBob

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2018, 12:37:40 PM »

Hi everyone!
I'm flying the French BABY campaign, and I've seen that there are some Nieuport skins missing. I've searched under the skin pack delivered by Monty, and the comprehensive pack by Whistler, and I wasn't able to find some Nieuport skins by Archie and included in the campaign files (for example, the skin recommended for player: archie_BEBE_FRANCE_ J.Navvare 872.bmp; and other skins as archie_BEBE_FRANCE_ 1645.bmp).

I've found the link where these skins can be downloaded, altogether with other Nieuport skins by Archie that are not included in Monty's and  Whistler collections. Anyone interested can download them here:

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=1460

After extracting the files, it creates a folder called "Nieu-Scout_2_MkIB", so I recommend to extract it into a separate folder and later copy the skins into your BAT > PaintSchemes  > Skins > Nieuport11 folder.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 28 queries.