Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Battle Of Gazala - A Campaign for DCG and BAT  (Read 17209 times)

Shakaali

• Missioneer
Re: Battle Of Gazala - A Campaign for DCG and BAT
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2017, 11:59:43 AM »

IIRC DIT automatically creates missing skin folders for planes included in the DCG class file.

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,51325.0.html

Start DIT, specify the data files for DCG and BAT, hit 'Work from scratch', and you can even exit without saving, the eventually missing folders will be created by then.

Please everybody do that. DIT is a fabulous tool. Thank you, sniperton. I'll add the link on first post.

"A truth ceases to be true when more than one person believes in it." -Oscar Wilde

markino

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2017, 12:49:20 AM »

Please everybody do that. DIT is a fabulous tool. Thank you, sniperton. I'll add the link on first post.

But DIT is ok for BAT? In tha package content there is reported as below:

Package content:
- il2_dit.exe
- readme_dit.txt
- folder [basefiles_4.12]
- folder [basefiles_4.131]
- folder [basefiles_4.12+HSFX]

No mention for BAT items....  Can you confirm DIT is useful for BAT also? Thanks!!

Ciao!

Marco

TrevL

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2017, 01:25:22 AM »

Having trouble starting campaign Battle of Gazala [just beeps when touching load button]- don't understand error report =
= DGen 4.0.8.6 (17/04/08) =
seed: 8640879
DGen initialization. Side: gb, Rank: 0
MaxBomberSkill=3
Distance=Any
Length=VeryLong
AI=Easy
Missions=Easy
AirIntensity=Low
GroundIntensity=Low
SlowFire=5.0
PromotionRate=0.000000
Career ID: GbG
Error - can't open DGen\BOG.DB

I would be extremely grateful if anyone could further my limited understanding of these problems by suggesting a suitable solution . Sorry for any bother !
Many thanks in advance - Trev

Trev, this seems like a DGEN error report. Which means DCG is not in use.

Launch il2dcg, choose "Mode" and check  if there is a tick on "Replace Career Generator (Dgen)"

Tick = DCG is used as a career generator
No Tick = DGEN is used as career generator

@markino: by unticking this you can continue your DGEN campaign

Thanks Markino , but I was already doing this - used to play DCG campaigns years ago with only the occasional one not working so don't understand what I'm doing different apart from using il2dcg347 generator . Will give it a rest and go onto other things - real life is calling at the moment . Hope you have a nice weekend. Regards and best wishes, Trev

markino

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2017, 01:59:45 AM »

Hi Trev, is first time for me too with DCG, I don't know why now the campaign works....

This afternoon I will try to revert in DGEN mode to see if all is ok.

Good weekend also to you Trev. Ciao!

Marco

sniperton

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2017, 03:26:10 AM »

No mention for BAT items....  Can you confirm DIT is useful for BAT also? Thanks!!

DIT was originally made for CUP, but it can be used for any modded game where you have access to game data files such as weapons.properties, plane.preperties, and air.ini. In BAT you find them in \#WAW2\STD\i18n\*.* and \#WAW2\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects\*.*.

DIT is for campaign designers, normally you won't need it. Still you can use it in the minimalistic way I suggested to make sure you have all the needed skin folders.

A suggestion for Shaakali: perhaps you should make a copy of your skin folder without the files (just the folder names) and add them to your campaign package. It won't do any harm if the user copies it into his own skin folder, but ensures he has all the needed folders. Option B is to ask Lowengrin to remove the skin folder check which is obsolete, I guess.

TrevL

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2017, 03:40:57 AM »

Now have campaign working ok - many thanks to Shakaali for suggestions and help . Best regards - Trev.

markino

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2017, 04:58:41 AM »

DIT was originally made for CUP, but it can be used for any modded game where you have access to game data files such as weapons.properties, plane.preperties, and air.ini. In BAT you find them in \#WAW2\STD\i18n\*.* and \#WAW2\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects\*.*.

DIT is for campaign designers, normally you won't need it. Still you can use it in the minimalistic way I suggested to make sure you have all the needed skin folders.

Thanks for information Sniperton. For the skins I have the Whistler's B.A.T. Retrospective Skin Collection v3....

Ciao!

Marco

Shakaali

• Missioneer
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2017, 07:00:59 AM »

A suggestion for Shaakali: perhaps you should make a copy of your skin folder without the files (just the folder names)

That one I have

and add them to your campaign package.

That part I forget. Every time  :-[
"A truth ceases to be true when more than one person believes in it." -Oscar Wilde

Darth_Dooboss

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2017, 07:12:18 AM »

Hi all,

I have detected a few bugs:
1- The bf 109F4 1.32 cannot be selected, the game reverts to bf 110.
2- In line with this the II.JG27 that in BOG.mis is flying this type reverts to the same way to bf 110.
3- In A2G missions against supply lanes, the version choose is the F6...with drop tanks but no ammo!!!!  :o
4- The german drop tanks appear like US drop tank (this may be a BAT bug more than a campaign issue).
5- Sometimes DCG freezes (like early post)
6- When fly the F6 in the left wing appears the internal landing gear bay over the wing surface (this may be a BAT bug more than a campaign issue).

I have flown three missions and I have to said that is a superb campaign!!!

Thank you very much mate  ;)

Shakaali

• Missioneer
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2017, 01:38:34 AM »

1- The bf 109F4 1.32 cannot be selected, the game reverts to bf 110.
2- In line with this the II.JG27 that in BOG.mis is flying this type reverts to the same way to bf 110.

Missing skin folder. Make a new folder called BF-109F-4_1.3ATA in PaintSchemes\Skins folder in Il-2. Or you may use DIT to add all skin folders.

3- In A2G missions against supply lanes, the version choose is the F6...with drop tanks but no ammo!!!!  :o

Oops! Incorrect payloads.dcg entry, Bf-109 F-4 & F-4 1.32 ATA.
You can correct them using DCG airaft settings panel. Select aircraft type and change ground attack payload to what you want.

4- The german drop tanks appear like US drop tank (this may be a BAT bug more than a campaign issue).
5- Sometimes DCG freezes (like early post)
6- When fly the F6 in the left wing appears the internal landing gear bay over the wing surface (this may be a BAT bug more than a campaign issue).

Appearance of the plane and ordnance are up to aircraft modders, it's out of my reach. DCG freezing may happen sometimes.

I will release a new version later today correcting payloads error and adding required skin folders.

Thanks for your feedback, Darth_Dooboss!

Shakaali

• Missioneer
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2017, 03:01:47 AM »

Version 1.1. 

Updated to 1st post.

If you have downloaded version 1 and it is working, no need to download version 1.1. However, check the DCG Aircraft Settings Panel to correct Bf-109 F-4 and F-4 1,32 ATA ground attack payloads (can be changed during campaign).

Darth_Dooboss

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2017, 03:22:27 AM »

Superb!!!

Thanks mate
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.