Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Somebody call Guinness  (Read 605 times)

Ta183Huckebein

• Modder
Somebody call Guinness
« on: March 31, 2017, 08:40:14 PM »

So, I was going through the various air.ini files for the BAT modules, when I noticed that the sum-total of different aircraft available (excluding the ace planes in WAW) came to a total of 1,550 different craft, of which I can safely say that at least 1500 of which are very much flyable.

I think that this would actually qualify BAT to break the world record of flyable aircraft in a simulation/game (War Thunder is the current record holder, with a few hundred craft available, but I honestly think that the WAW module alone blows them out of the water)

If I'm wrong, let me know, but it'd be pretty neat knowing that this mod qualified for that honor.
"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; But if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery." - Malcolm X

Ta183Huckebein

• Modder
Re: Somebody call Guinness
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 08:43:02 PM »

Yep, I was right.

The current record holder is War Thunder, with 303 aircraft. I can't believe it. STOCK Il-2 destroys that, for crying out loud. Heck, that's as many aircraft as there are Luftwaffe planes in Il-2 BAT practically. (laughs and shakes head)

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/most-planes-in-a-flight-simulation-game
"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; But if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery." - Malcolm X

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 02:02:47 AM »

What is the record criteria?

Most aircraft in a game?
Most aircraft online simultaneously?

Whatever the criteria i expect IL2 beats it.

sixstrings

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 04:14:28 AM »

Thanks to the people who put together BAT as we know it.Massive in content. No other sim covers as much as BAT does. That ought to be a record also. With BAT and VP modpack Il-2 '46 ,imo, has the legs to carry on much longer than i ever thought. BAT is a record holder to be sure.Torn between CFS3 and Il-2 '46 as to which is my favorite after modding. Both have their pluses and minuses and both are fun. BAT and VP now take up most of my time. So very thankful for all the work done and all for free. How amazing is that ?

Ta183Huckebein

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 09:04:24 AM »

To answer asheshouse, I believe the criteria relates to the number of aircraft available to fly (since 303 different planes is a reasonable number with relation to the number of unlockable planes in it.).

So yeah, as I said, STOCK Il-2 4.13.3 beats that, heck, Il-2 4.11 probably beat that, so it's interesting that in the search for that record holder, this sim was overlooked.

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 11:00:52 AM »

Guiness are not always very good at fact checking, nor in responding to corrections.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 25 queries.