Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please help me find a specific mod.  (Read 952 times)

Phyrrus

Please help me find a specific mod.
« on: March 31, 2017, 12:35:12 PM »

Hi there guys. It's been sooo long. I haven't been here for a few years, and now, after successfully (I hope) raising a couple of children, I reinstalled IL2 1946 again. But so many things happened since then that I don't even know where to look at. So please, I need your help in finding a mod that I've seen on youtube, but i dont know the name of it. It is one mod that makes a darker layer under the on screen hud, so it makes it more visible. I cant even find the video anymore, so I can't  link it for you to see, but it's just a simple, transparent frame under the comms and speedometer. Since I am playing on a small laptop, I can't afford to play in cockpit mode, so I use Shift+1 for on-screen hud for better visibility. What I have installed so far is 4.12.2 + modact 5.30, wich is enough for me, the only thing i still wish for is that little visual improvement. Oh and a dynamic campaingn generator would also be great, but there are so many versions here that I really don't know where to look at. I appreciate any suggestion, a link would be great :) Thanks in advance.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS

Phyrrus

Re: Please help me find a specific mod.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 01:12:44 PM »

That was fast, thanks, but... are you sure? for me it seems like this is a mod for 3d glasses or something. I dont have trackir or 3d glasses. oh, i guess this sounded silly, i think i just go and give it a try...

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 07:05:09 AM »

that is the mod you are looking for, mate - it has many features, maybe 3D is the more popular, but you don't need to use the 3D feature.
it does contain the HUD mod you are looking for, though ;)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Phyrrus

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 08:34:11 AM »

Thanks, guys, it really is. I installed the mod via JGSME, i can see some of it's effects, like bolder fonts and new map modes, and following camera movement delay, but I could'nt find any instructions regarding the activation of that specific feature, the framed layer behind the comms menu, and I also can't activate it's specific top menu bar. I tired reading through all this HUGE forum and installation guides and all, but I could not find anything. I'll keep trying though... thaks for the inputs.   update: found it! You have to define a new key in the controls options for MENU, and there it is! I can take control of the wingman's plane, that is cool :)) Also there is an option to rearm and refuel the plane, that must be awsome, I'll go give it a try (I hope I remember how to land). WHOA, we're flying again, lads :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 27 queries.