Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: HMS Furious CV - 1941  (Read 22413 times)

asheshouse

• SAS Team
Re: HMS Furious CV - 1941
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2017, 09:05:04 AM »

I guess if the Skua was to make an appearance I would be obliged to dust off and polish up this old model.

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2017, 09:18:33 AM »

... curiously enough, the rear turrets were in fact offset, and not centered in the ship axis ...  o_O

... and I don't have any idea why ...  :-[

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2017, 09:29:09 AM »

... and I don't have any idea why ...  :-[

In theory it gave an improved field of fire forward. In practice any benefit was marginal. The succeeding Leipzig Class reverted to the normal centreline arrangement.

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2017, 09:35:16 AM »

... THX, Asheshouse, this evening I'll go to bed a little more intelligent that when I got up this morning ...  :D

mechanic

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2017, 09:03:16 PM »

Asheshouse

I was contentedly sailing this ship over the past few days launching a single 1940 Swordfish with 1 torpedo off the deck. Today when replaying the mission the Swordfish (both 1940 and 1936 versions) spawned half off the deck onto a gun emplacement (see image) needless to say when the chocks were released it fell into the sea. I applied your latest deck sizing patch and also tried reverting to the original. In either case the aircraft spawned half off deck. Any thoughts on what may be the cause? The Gladiators, Fireflys and Barracudas spawn correctly. 

Thanks again for this handsome carrier.

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2017, 01:30:02 AM »

I cant replicate this on my install.
Can you confirm what you mod setup is? -- what version?
Relevant added mods --- cat mods, chock mods etc?

Can you post your .mis file?

Anyone else got this problem?

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2017, 09:02:59 AM »

I have now successfully replicated the problem.
It only occurs with certain combinations of number and type of aircraft.
I'm not sure exactly what the critical arrangement is yet.

For a quick fix adjust the y coordinate in the hooks Park03, Park04 and Park 05 to shift the spawn point further inboard.  --- These are found in Hull2.msh

The previous patch shifted the spawn point out in response to other requests, but perhaps this was overdone? 

mechanic

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2017, 02:40:09 PM »

Thanks for the quick fix instructions but just when I was about to go in and try to shift the spawn point inward,  BAT10 came along and adopted your HMS Furious (and rightly so). I am still having the spawn point problem with the Swordfish in BAT10 but now I do not know where to find the model file folder with the hull2.msh to edit. I don't normally dig around in the guts of BAT but for some reason I feel compelled to do so with this ship and this plane (if for no other reason than to educate myself). Can you (or any other reader)direct me to where the 3DO/Ships/HMSFurious folder resides in BAT10 for HMS Furious - or should I just leave this to the professionals and fly a Gladiator ;D

propnut27

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2017, 05:29:56 PM »

Had an odd occurrence on the Furious when landing the Fulmars. I'm playing BAT up to EP10. When using the AI on landing the Fulmars lands nicely, the wings fold smoothly. But the plane turns to port and taxis right over the side. I usually try my initial landings with the AI to get a handle on airspeed, flaps, etc, before trying to land manually. I had a flight of four planes, and each one landed successfully and taxied over side. Manual landings work a dream. I just have to fold wings and taxi forward.

Gil

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2017, 06:13:25 AM »

Propnut27 ---  Do you get the same happening if you change HMS Furious to HMS Illustrious in your *mis, with the ships set to the same speeds?

mechanic --- if you keep the Furious model files in #SAS then they should take precedence over the BATEP10 files. So any edits you make to Hull2.msh should be effective. You can probably disable the folder with the Ashe classes though since Monty has those included in BATEP10.

mechanic

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2017, 05:12:47 PM »

Asheshouse,

All is good and centered - with funnel smoke and all. Thanks for the tip - I cut and pasted the Parts 03-05 from the original hull2.msh model into the revised patch model.

propnut27

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2017, 09:59:33 PM »

Tested three other aircraft on the Furious: the Swordfish, Sea Gladiator, and the Firefly. All stayed on the flight deck until the landing protocol timed out. Only the Fulmar taxied over the side. It did the same thing on the Illustrious. I guess I just never noticed it before.

Gil
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 22 queries.