Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Fieseler Fi-167 (v2.3 - 5 Jan 21)  (Read 33099 times)

DONAGHY

• SAS Honourable Member
Re: Fieseler Fi-167
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2018, 08:44:26 AM »

any one have the stuka org mod of this great wee plane  for 12.2m hsfx

londo16

• A toast to you my good friend
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2019, 06:36:32 AM »

does anybody have a working download link?
Ambassador Londo Mollari: Do you really want to know what I want? Do you really want to know the truth? I want my people to reclaim their rightful place in the galaxy. I want to see the Centauri stretch forth their hand again and command the stars. I want a rebirth of glory, a renaissance of power! I want to stop running through my life like a man late for an appointment, afraid to look back or look forward. I want us to be what we used to be! I want... I want it all back the way it was. Does that answer your question?

Hubberranz

• Modder

londo16

• A toast to you my good friend
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2019, 08:51:45 AM »

Thank you very much!!!!!!
Ambassador Londo Mollari: Do you really want to know what I want? Do you really want to know the truth? I want my people to reclaim their rightful place in the galaxy. I want to see the Centauri stretch forth their hand again and command the stars. I want a rebirth of glory, a renaissance of power! I want to stop running through my life like a man late for an appointment, afraid to look back or look forward. I want us to be what we used to be! I want... I want it all back the way it was. Does that answer your question?

MIKEGTJK

• http://www.facebook.com/#!/michael.j.koebel
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2019, 06:07:53 AM »

First I would like to say what a phenomenal job on the model still hoping to see torpedoes and I've noticed a serious problem as far as diving for a dive bomber it breaks apart mid dive is there any chance or plan to resolve the issue of structure

Aragorn1963

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2019, 03:55:27 AM »

oldschoolie

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2019, 04:29:13 AM »

Great to have it back, and it would be even better to have the broken skin link fixed if possible. Superb piece of modelling.

Hubberranz

• Modder

oldschoolie

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2019, 04:30:31 AM »

Thank you, Hubberanz.

Aragorn1963

Crossturn

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2019, 08:01:34 AM »

Is there any update on when this great plane will be fully functional in the game? As far as I can tell, you still can't equip it with torpedoes which makes it difficult to include in any potential campaigns or mission scenarios (it was intended to be used as a torpedo bomber, after all).

I've noticed a few other minor issues as well, such as the camera clipping through your backseat when you look around inside the cockpit, the crosshair being off target, no tail-hook... the airplane seems to behave strangely when you hit the ground as well. Crashing into the sea didn't make the aircraft sink, and it seems to bounce off the surface.

NOTE: I am flying the version of the Fi 167 that is included with the latest version of BAT - I assume it's the same as this release, as I haven't seen any others.

Edlor mentioned in the original post that there was still some Java work to be done, but that was more than two and a half years ago. Are there any updates, or has work on this bird been (at least temporarily) abandoned?

Vampire_pilot

Re: Fieseler Fi-167 v2
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2020, 11:19:45 AM »

Here I am posting my updated version of the Fi-167 v2, as I made it for the BAT 4.1.1 update with a slightly better FM:

BAT 4.1.1 users may overwrite the FM with the one from this package.

v2.1:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/c0f1f3raedfw4ek/%2521_Fi-167_v2.1.zip/file

This plane never had a convincing cockpit of any kind so I put something together for this pack, based on the Ar-196T cockpit (SAS~Sani), with some additions.

- Until now, the plane was indestructible. Now it has a (very crude but working) fuselage hitbox, it can be shot at and it takes damage!
- opening canopy from inside view
- working hook
- dedicated FM
- Bonus: more loadouts, including a torpedo

notes:
- Wingfold is not animated but after spawning on a carrier, you have to "unfold" the wings.. It was the best trade-off solution at this point.
- the spawn pattern is overlapping noses and tails. It looks a bit silly but was the best I could do at this point.
- Take off works! The aircraft is at the low speed limit for catapults so it may feel like a "bug", but AI and player can take off safely with every loadout.
- due to some pull to one side, AI can't take off without catapult. Graf Zeppelin has cats so it should be fine.
- Do not pull up hard after takeoff, the aircraft likes a very neutral initial acceleration once it goes over the ramp.
- after landing, the AI can sometimes drift to one side and fall off the deck.
- damage box is fuselage only.

known issues:
On *carriers without catapults*, after release of chocks under full power the AI planes pull to the left sharply before compensating.
This leads to either collision with the tower or dropping of the deck. 
It is not so pronounced when taking off from land an without chocks. The AI can stay in line and take of normally.

I tried a lot with the FM but I am suspecting maybe a 3do issue to be the cause of the asymmetric pull. Maybe someone else can find the cause and fix it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 27 queries.