Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: MONTY'S CAMPAIGNS: - THE BATTLE OF BRITAIN  (Read 48643 times)

CDS025_DOGO

• Saludos Camaradas
Re: MONTY'S CAMPAIGNS: - THE BATTLE OF BRITAIN
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2017, 06:26:44 PM »

Only thank you, this enormous work, Monty27 and Team  :) :) :)

sixstrings

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2017, 01:45:15 PM »

Looking forward to the BoB release . Have several for CFS3 and BoB II WOV . My favorite era in WWII. Thank you. Regards,Scott

crs101

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2017, 06:26:21 PM »

Hi Monty !

I cannot wait to play the Battle of Britain Campaign ! ;D

You are geniuses.

Cheers

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2017, 07:21:59 PM »

There are five BoB era campaigns in the set, 3 RAF and 2 Luftwaffe, and they are coming along nicely.  It won't be long before we can all fly these in the full glory of the B.A.T.!

gmkump

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2017, 08:02:23 PM »

Hey!!!  Don't bother the master, PLEASE!  Monty has to finish up the DOF and TGA campaigns first!  They do occur a lot sooner!  I love WW2 the most too, but its good to delve into his earlier era campaigns and try on a new set of clothes.

I'm almost done with DOF now and boy, I fly those clunkers a lot better now. 

Thinking about new aircraft, I took a peek at SCW, even though I'm not there yet, and couldn't figure out what an air class "UT WAGEN" was.  Couldn't find that aircraft.  And I searched!  Big surprise when I found out that you start the mission piloting a...uh, wagen!  It had no wings, just four wheels!  I put it in WEP and still couldn't get it off the ground.  Maybe I should report it as a BAT problem! :P

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2017, 08:41:22 PM »

Hey!!!  Don't bother the master, PLEASE!  Monty has to finish up the DOF and TGA campaigns first!  They do occur a lot sooner!  I love WW2 the most too, but its good to delve into his earlier era campaigns and try on a new set of clothes.

I'm almost done with DOF now and boy, I fly those clunkers a lot better now. 

Thinking about new aircraft, I took a peek at SCW, even though I'm not there yet, and couldn't figure out what an air class "UT WAGEN" was.  Couldn't find that aircraft.  And I searched!  Big surprise when I found out that you start the mission piloting a...uh, wagen!  It had no wings, just four wheels!  I put it in WEP and still couldn't get it off the ground.  Maybe I should report it as a BAT problem! :P

Yes you sarky bugger!   :P  I thought it would be good to start the Spanish Revolution like all revolutions, waking up to total chaos, trying to decide which side you are on and running for your life when you realise you are on the wrong side.  You find yourself in a car chase, racing past roadblocks to the airfield where you steal an aircraft in which to make your escape.

The first set of SCW campaigns deal with 1936, the uprising in Africa, the varied results across Mainland Spain, the troop airlift from Morocco and the involvement of Germany, Italy, the 'Internationalists' and the Soviet Union.  By the end of that year Madrid is still in Republican hands at the beginning of a four year siege.  In the north the Basques are struggling against the Nationalist Rebels.  The Legion Condor and the Aviazione Legionaria join the Nationalists to seal the doom of the northern cause...

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2017, 08:54:21 PM »

...I am getting a hard on so Monty must be almost done!

Sharkzz

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2017, 04:32:34 AM »

So, So looking forward to this Monty , good show old bean !.... and glad you is in god's (if'n you are a believer in such stories) own country m8.  & sixstrings > CFS 3 is now good enough to fly ? I am way behind in CFS3 stuff it seems. >
Thanks again Monty.
~S~
Sharkzz  aka Lozza
take a cold shower daily x-man   ;D
~S~
New Right Arm Amputee, One armed flyer and Longboard surfer, I now swim and paddle in circles .

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2017, 01:47:36 AM »

We have made a LOT of progress - TEN Battle of Britain Campaigns (5-RAF and 5 Luftwaffe) and a massive new skinpack that covers everything.  Fixed up the Defiant too. 

Working with a lot of resources already accumulated still left many gaps if we wanted to skin EVERYTHING.  My good friend RDDR has stepped in and together we have created well over a hundred new missions and many more hundreds of skins to represent every aircraft involved in them.

In-Game markings are not truly representative of a period in which aircraft markings were not fully standardised and different squadrons and staffels interpreted the rules their own way.  After mapping the unit codes and location of every RAF Fighter Command and Luftflotte unit we skinned a large representation.  Luftwaffe in-game markings seemed a lot better, but still not good enough for RDDR.  Some markings were factory applied, but many individual Staffel codes and markings were painted onto individual aircraft by hand.  They are all different!  RDDR set out to represent several hundred Luftwaffe aircraft based on actual aircraft! 

The skinpack alone is an astonishing achievement.  We are still working, tweaking the final bits.  I don't mind telling you all this because RDDR and me have a good track record of delivery.  We don't ever shoot the shit.  If we say it, we do it, and you guys will get it soon.

Dogbert

• Clueless
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2017, 02:13:47 AM »

Not much can be said Simon.

Apart from amazing and thank you.

Which always seems inadequate, with the amount of work and dedication that must be involved in creating all these goodies.  8)

Many thanks,
Mike.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2017, 02:28:19 AM »

This is a period about which RDDR and I have been interested for many years.  We met many years ago over painting the Spitfire and 109 and have remained friends ever since.  My working knowledge is based first on having grown up in Northern Germany and then Southern England.  About ten years each providing an interest, with close relatives on both sides, and some perspective, I hope.  Having said that my family would largely dispute whether any actual 'growing up' occurred! 

A deep interest in history and art has become manifest, in part, in these works, writing the campaigns and constructing the missions.  For his part RDDR is an absolute expert on Luftwaffe markings in particular and its such a joy to spend time with someone who loves a subject as much as you do.  We created B.A.T. in order to do these campaigns, amongst others, and I believe we have pushed the possibilities of this sim to their limit.  You can soon be the judges of that...  8)

Zoran395

• Mapper
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2017, 05:16:52 AM »

I am actually going to fly this. Full stop.
I am a big fan of the Hurricane and the TFM - Battle of Britain campaign has left a lasting impression on me (it is the benchmark for me).
Not sure how (its seems impossible...) but Monty you will manage to get me off red stars and Leningrad Oblast !
Gidzillions of thank you!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 23 queries.