Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: MONTY'S CAMPAIGNS: - THE SPANISH CIVIL WAR  (Read 22308 times)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
Re: MONTY'S CAMPAIGNS: - THE SPANISH CIVIL WAR
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2017, 02:11:04 AM »

Very impressive! Congratulations!  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2017, 08:25:46 AM »

Its a start old friend.  I have written all 48 and will release them in date order.  1937 is next!  I made a lot of use of Command and Control 412.  Randomisers, Artillery Spotting missions, barrage, weather and flak effects, DZ, Spotters, Observers, Navigators etc.  I was surprised just how much I need C&C these days.  Can't live without it, so glad we got it into B.A.T.  8)

You know, if you have the disc space free you can be fully setup with B.A.T. in a couple of hours.  The basic install is un-changed from day one.  There are also Nine Expansion Packs now.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2017, 11:04:29 AM »

I will cross over, I will!  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

kingle92

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 01:19:50 PM »

Its a bit frustrating at first but once you know the steps you will never look back.

Critical settings to check on Conf.ini

[sound]
SoundUse=1
SoundEngine=1
Speakers=1
Placement=0
MusState.takeoff=1
MusState.inflight=1
MusState.crash=1
Attenuation=5
SoundMode=1
SamplingRate=2
NumChannels=3
VoiceVolume=14
Channels=2
...there are others but these are the most important.

First principles - You must be able to confirm placement of the beacon objects in FMB, by you or a reliable mission builder who says they are there, ie; me  8) - they are not a 'standard' feature built into everything.

Second.  Confirm you have music playing.  The easiest way is to throw the 'play music' switch from the main menu and observe the menu music that is now constantly playing.

Music can be easily toggled on and off anywhere in the sim, even when in flight, but if the switch is off you will not hear the beacon music.

Thirdly.  Confirm in flight that when you select a Beacon a text indication displays your selection and demonstrates the keys are properly mapped and functioning.

...because one mis-step is easily made and usually enough to kybosch the whole feature.

Thank you for this accurate description. I first didn't get it to work, but then I switched the "realistic navigation" button on and then the beacon's are working! My problem now is, that when you are in the cockpit view and enable the beacon there is this loud rustling sound you get when the frequency isn't set correct. In the external view you only hear the clean sound of the music. How can I make this noise inside the plane disappear? Like you said, it's immediately a completely different atmosphere with the music! :) 

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2017, 04:42:31 PM »

AHAAAAA - Realistic Navigation!  Forgot that one, made a note.   8)

Interference is normal for old radio sets.  The signal strength varies.  You can turn the Beacons OFF by selecting until you get No Beacon.  Then you will get no interference sound.  Play around with it, its a pretty amazing and much over-looked feature.  I always make sure there are radio stations in my missions and campaigns.

.-083

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2017, 01:35:26 PM »

This looks wonderful. Can't wait for it to get finished :)

jg1234

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2017, 07:24:39 AM »

Just wanted to express my appreciation for these Spanish Civil War campaigns. I played some last night and they were very immersive and well designed, including ground detail.

Thank you !!!!

Geoweb35

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2018, 08:18:44 AM »

Hi, hs 123 a1/b1 aircraft is to slow 250km/h in angelitos over coruna campaign ,enemy make circles around me

TrevL

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2018, 08:47:57 AM »

That’s how real life is - most unfair when the opposition has the advantage - that’s where courage and skill can overcome these problems (but not me in IL 2).
Regards and best wishes - TrevL

markino

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2018, 11:03:41 AM »

Hi Monty, I played almost all campaings of the part 01, now I am playing the first mission of Corunna Road (Battle of the Corunna Road - Nov' 29th, 1936) Republicans side (campaing/ES/1936 ROAD).

The missions of the campaign are mixed red and blue as follow:

• road01 - red
  • road02 - blue
  • road03 - blue
  • road04 - red
  • road05 - blue
  • road06 - red
  • road07 - red
  • road08 - red

I hope for a fix because these campaigns are veeery amazing and gorgeous!! My huge thanks!!!

Ciao!

Marco

InverseMidas

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2018, 02:09:11 PM »

Hi guys,

first of all: Great work with the mod and everything. I love that the community is still going strong. I started with the first Il-2 Sturmovik when I was in my early teens, later on Forgotten Battles, all the expansions and finally Il-2 1946 and I still love this game about 15 years later.

Now my question: Are these campaigns already somehow included in BAT? In have the steam version, set it back to 4.12.2, installed BAT with the 29 parts and then Checkpoint Charlie, Sealion, Angels High, Pathfinder and Linebacker in that order. I read in the manual about the campaigns but somehow they seem not to be included.
I started the Il-2 Selector, set it to TGA and launched the game.

Cheers from Germany
InverseMidas

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2018, 10:21:36 PM »

Hello
you find the download links for the campaigns in the first post of this thread.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 23 queries.