Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Campaign for the He-112B here!  (Read 4050 times)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
Campaign for the He-112B here!
« on: March 15, 2017, 02:54:48 AM »

As we now also have the Heinkel He-112 in this game, I have made a campaign for it:

You can download it here: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2387

This is a semi-historical, static 12-mission campaign, and you are a fighter pilot in the Romanian Air Force, the ARR, flying the Heinkel He-112B, just recently purchased from Germany. Operation Barbarossa is about to begin and your Escadrila will participate in the recovering of Bessarabia and Bukovina, and later in the drawn-out and costly siege of Odessa.

Following the outbreak of World War II on 1 September 1939, the Kingdom of Romania officially adopted a position of neutrality. The rapidly changing situation in Europe during 1940, as well as domestic political upheaval, undermined this stance. Fascist political forces rose in popularity and power, urging an alliance with Nazi Germany and its allies. And as the military fortunes of Romania's traditional Allies — France and Britain — crumbled in 1940, the government of Romania turned to Nazi Germany. It wanted to retake territories lost to Stalin the year before, and decided to participate in the invasion of the Soviet Union. It was a huge gamble, with Romania going all-in: the total number of Romanian troops involved on the Eastern Front was second only to that of Germany itself.

Regarding the aircraft: The Heinkel He 112 was one of four aircraft designed to compete for the Luftwaffe's 1933 fighter contract, which was eventually won by the Messerschmitt Bf 109, although the 112 was second place in the contest. Some aircraft were used for a short time by the Luftwaffe, as a sort of emergency fighter during the Czechoslovak Crisis in 1938, but were soon retired. The He-112 attracted a lot of foreign interest though, and it was sold in small quantities to Hungary, Spain, Japan and Romania. The Romanian Air Force was the only one that employed the He-112 operationally in any numbers: some 24 aircraft was used during the war in the East, but after 1941 mainly in the training role.

Regarding gameplay: Just getting it back to your base and landing will be considered a success, albeit a minor one. As in real life. The map is of course the historical one, and only historical aircraft is used. So yes, the Romanian Airforce actually used the He-112, the Hurricane, the Blenheim, the He-111, the Bf109, the PZL 23 and the PZL 37 in 1941!

Regarding requirements: This campaign has been built with the VP Mod Pack, but it should work in other modded 4.12 versions of the game, like the CUP/BAT and even HSFX (but in the last case without much of the eye candy), provided that you have the Heinkel He-112B! It will not need any additional downloads beside that aircraft.

You can download the GREAT He-112 by 101tfs HERE: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,54286.0.html

Regarding skins:  With this campaign comes 17 skins. The guys behind the skins in this campaign are some of my personal favourites: Mangas, VP media, Hynkel, Hayate, Ta183Huckebein, Dona, Sakai, Imme, Ian Boys and Alek31. Many, many thanks guys! This campaign would have not been the same without your great work!

Thanks for looking  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Scotty Rotten

Re: Campaign for the He-112B here!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 09:47:10 AM »

For some reason the game won't use the skins that come with the campaign. It only uses the default HD skin. I've also noted any of the "1024" labelled ones don't work either... it allows me to select them but, do not see any change, and when the game starts it's just the default He-112 skin.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 01:13:50 AM »

I think that this means that you use the HD Mod. Try and disable, then have another go.
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

tartenmuche

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 11:22:24 AM »

Dear Poltava,
how comes that the engine overheats so easily and fails rapidly?
Very best regards.
Tart
Intel Core Duo E8400 3GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti, 2x2 gb DDR2 1066 mHZ

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 03:40:02 PM »

Well, that you will have to ask the creators of the Mod, not me  ;) I've only built the campaign!

zalak

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 06:34:12 AM »

@  tartenmuche - I read that the He-100 and 112 has very complicated advanced "surface" cooling in reality. It caused overheating and was unfit to the wartime. I don't know how it works "in line".

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 10:34:22 AM »

Wonderful campaign, Poltava, thank you. My only complaint is that I have to be careful where I walk since you put that damn horse next to my plane!

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 12:14:33 AM »

;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 23 queries.