Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: = Victor's Sound Mod (VSM) = v3.0  (Read 44857 times)

victor639514

• Modder
Re: = Victor's Sound Mod (VSM) =
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 10:54:40 AM »

Hey there!

First of all, I just want to thank you all so much! It warms my heart to know my sound mod is blooming. ^_^

Secondly, I am debating on something for the next update. I'm thinking about including distant engine sounds for the aircraft, as something similar to what Tiger33 or Uwe (not sure of his name) did with their sound mods. But I'm also thinking of leaving the engine sounds undistanced as they are, similar to what Jiver67's sound mod has.

I am open to ideas/suggestions on this, but I just felt like voicing this minor thought.  :-X
Hey, get that inertia started!

azura

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2017, 03:45:36 AM »

Thank you victor.  I've finally met the lovely sounds mod. I've been long time worring about sounds in il2.
My pc is not high spec.  Jiver sounds others are not satisfactory. Tiger sounds maybe needs high spec pc
in il2 BAT, CUP.  By the way, I put your mod directly to #SAS, #WAW,not through jsgme. It works fine.
When I put it to jsgme and activate in VP, it doesn't work, default sounds only. Anyway thank you.
I hope you continue to update marvelous sounds.

victor639514

• Modder
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2017, 05:52:35 AM »

Not working? Well that depends on which modded version of IL-2 1946 you are using.

As for other modded versions, I'm confident the sounds will work either way, so long as they are placed in their respective modding folders. (i.e. World at War from BAT being the #WAW2 folder)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2017, 07:23:01 AM »

You bet they work! 

This is the best sound overhaul of Il2 by a long way.  Thanks for assisting us in making this beautiful soundmod the new soundset for all of B.A.T., coming soon!

These sounds have me flying Il2 with the full headphones again.  The effect draws you into another world.

Thank you victor639514, absolutely magnificent.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

victor639514

• Modder
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2017, 11:53:44 AM »

Thank you so much, Monty! ^ ^

I drew special attention to the engine sounds because they are what gives an aircraft their own voice as they sail through the skies. Weapon, explosion, gear, etc, other types of sounds are fun to work with, but I found myself revisiting lots of Jafa's old IL-2 machinima videos, and I was so inspired by those astounding sound effects that I simply HAD to give my own work a shot.

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2017, 01:10:29 PM »

Thank you Victor. :) I've downloaded and will try it out. The videos you posted sounded great. I look forward to testing it out today.

Where are these videos to be found?
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2017, 01:47:43 PM »

... just here ...  ;)

victor639514

• Modder
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2017, 04:31:58 PM »

That video link is broken. I suppose you're referring to these preview vids.

ianp

• If the mind is blind the eyes can't see. ⛔🌏⛔
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2017, 09:29:01 AM »

Victor, your the man 10/10 for this sound-set.
Earths atmosphere and the so called vacuum of space cannot exist side by side without solid separation, where is it?

FL2070

• Modder
  • FAC #87
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2017, 05:20:59 PM »

Quite honestly, this is the only soundpack I have ever used that I have almost nothing to nitpick about (I am a very nitpicky person lol). I have had this pack for around four-five days now and this is simply, undeniably and without exception the best sounds for IL-2 that exist. There are only two problems (after extensive testing) that I was able to find. The first is that you seem to have copied every single wav file from every sound pack you could find, and not delete any of them after making your presets, which, although does not decrease the quality of the sounds in any way, does make the download a lot bigger. The second is that the jets sound like turboprops in the cockpit.

But all things aside, any problems, or anything I don't like about this pack (there's good and bad in every one) is completely washed away by the engine sounds, which are ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE. I don't even know if I have the vocabulary to express the effect given by the perfect representation of the DB600 series, the R1830, the Sakae, or pretty much any other piston engine's sound in this pack.

Absolute 11/10.
On average, the average average averages, averagely, the average average of all averages.

victor639514

• Modder
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2017, 06:26:56 PM »

I'll admit, I initially started by splicing together numerous other samples from different sound mods, but that was before I started working on the whole thing from scratch. From there on end, I searched through the best sounding sources for aircraft audio, especially YouTube airshow or flight demonstration videos, to get the best sounds for these ancient warbirds.

I'm glad you like them either way. ^^

victor639514

• Modder
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2017, 01:48:14 PM »

For those who are interested, my sound mod is now at Phase 2.0.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 27 queries.