Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: BoM 40% OFF until March 6 2017  (Read 4908 times)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
BoM 40% OFF until March 6 2017
« on: February 18, 2017, 12:45:11 AM »

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

LuseKofte

Re: BoM 40% OFF until March 6 2017
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 08:16:57 AM »

The most underestimated pack there is, The PE 2 36 is a fast climber and fast high altitude bomber . I fly this most often online since its speed exceed the 87 series.
The MIG 3 is in my point of view not given its true speed at altitude, and quite well modelled at lower altitudes I classify it as interesting to fly. The 109 E7 is in my book the best 109 in the brand when it comes to impression I got of being historical. IL 2 without 23 mm cannons got great view 360 degrees and with low weight a good Manuvereable  fighter with slow speed. The I 16 might be the funniest plane in the brand with a real bite.

A1_Phoenix

• Modder
  • Un maiale deve volare
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 08:33:27 AM »

Got it, i must confess i'm totally inept with p40, i stall in every turn, but i've managed to kill my first enemy fighter. A 109F4. In an I16, lol

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 11:52:22 AM »

Okay folks, I've made the deal and got me a premium copy of BoM.
If everything else fails, I can at least say that I'm up to date with BoX now.

Best regards - Mike

Captain Dawson

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 01:27:39 PM »

Congratulations Storebror!  :D

I thought this deal had already ended, but I see I still have the chance. I'm on the fence here. Can't decide if BOM is worth the hassle of going through Steam for everything. I've never tried the new generation of IL-2 as of yet.

Can someone who owns BOM tell me if it requires the use of Steam? Do we need to "log in" and have an internet connection for offline play, and be forced to use a non-user-friendly UI as in Rise Of Flight? I honestly think this sim looks awesome I REALLY want it, but Steam would be a major drawback for me. I need to get acquainted with the new generation of IL-2 so I will be prepared for Midway.  :) :) :)

Did you chaps know that there is a planned IL-2 Battle of Midway, and a possible Battle of Okinawa they are considering?  :o :o :o :o :o http://forum.europeanaf.net/showthread.php?27431-IL2-new-theater-is-THE-BATTLE-OF-KUBAN!-with-Battle-of-Midway-following As soon as Midway comes out, I will most definitely buy it even if it costs me $100, I don't even care. Oh my goodness, this will be a BIG DEAL for the flight sim community.  8)  I don't want to start a hype train, but I'd just love to know which of my favorite aircraft will be included!
"It's totally foolproof, until you mess something up." -Captain Dawson My OP rig: CybertronPC Palladium custom desktop computer, GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5, CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz 6M Cache Skylake Quad-Core, RAM: 8.00 GB, Motherboard: Intel H110 Chipset, SSD: 240GB, HDD: 1TB, OS: Windows 10

Cloyd

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 02:54:27 PM »

Capt. Dawson, you don't need Steam to buy the game. You can get it straight from the official website. I've bought it all, but I must admit that I rarely use it. The offline content, IMHO, is mediocre at best. But it sure does look pretty.

Cloyd

Captain Dawson

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 04:26:53 PM »

Capt. Dawson, you don't need Steam to buy the game. You can get it straight from the official website. I've bought it all, but I must admit that I rarely use it. The offline content, IMHO, is mediocre at best. But it sure does look pretty.

Cloyd

Thank you for your reply! This is somewhat what I envisioned of BOS and BOM. Pretty, but rarely used because the scope is narrow and its difficult to use. This is how I feel about ROF...

When Midway comes out I will be forced to learn though!
"It's totally foolproof, until you mess something up." -Captain Dawson My OP rig: CybertronPC Palladium custom desktop computer, GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5, CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz 6M Cache Skylake Quad-Core, RAM: 8.00 GB, Motherboard: Intel H110 Chipset, SSD: 240GB, HDD: 1TB, OS: Windows 10

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 12:36:18 AM »

Hello Mike, I am sure you will be happy with your purchase, things are really coming together now and for the cost of the early access and those sales I do not think there can be many complaints. 8)

I've bought it all, but I must admit that I rarely use it. The offline content, IMHO, is mediocre at best.

Like you Cloyd I have all the content but rarely use it, for me it is through health issues though rather than mediocre content, remember
it is still early days yet and offline is starting to get a little attention finally with some emphasis on campaigns for it. ;)

But it sure does look pretty.

Cannot argue there, worth buying just for that.  :)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2017, 01:08:53 AM »

@Captain Dawson: As much as I understand, the BoM sale is only for users who have purchased BoS before.
You get a promo code in your account when you're a BoS user, and this promo code can be used in the il2sturmovik.com store to reduce the BoM price by 40%.
As a new user, I don't think you would get the 40% off on BoM.

Another user can purchase BoM as a gift for you, but I'm not sure whether that works if you're not a BoS user already either.

@Cloyd: When I've played BoS last time 1.5 years ago, there was one offline campaign available only.
Now after my BoM purchase I have four.
Not that this would heal it, but it's a big improvement at least.

@Mission_bug: I agree, things are coming together and the sales prices are quite reasonable.
The world isn't just snow-white anymore.
Planesets give more options to the casual player.
There's still lots of room for improvements, but this game is under development so gaps can be filled and issues can be sorted out.
What bugs me the most currently is this (with no particular order):
  • BoS/BoM/BoK is un-moddable (skins aside).
    This is the one big reason why several thousand willing contributors can't bring that game forward.
    It's a shame.
    I understand the business logic, but that doesn't necessarily mean that a game has to be locked away from modding like BoX is.
    See DCS World, they do big business. With a moddable game.
  • The planes in real life simply cannot have been as unstable in their flight physics as they are in BoX.
    The whole bums feeling reminds me of the first helicopters in FS2004.
    If the planes were that difficult to fly, an average combat pilot in WW2 would have had to go through a 20 years course on the flight school before being combat ready.
    Just one example from a yesterdays "go around" sortie, try it yourself if you cannot believe:
    Pick a Macchi 202, takeoff, 1000m altitude, 350km/h cruise flight.
    Do a full step in the left rudder and keep your wings levelled with the stick.
    Wait until your flight path has stabilized.
    Now do a full step in the right rudder.
    Okay, I understand that this will somewhat *cough* disturb *cough* the flight, but...
    In case of BoX, your Macchi will flip over regardless what you do, and you will immediately enter an unrecoverable flat spin.
    It feels like your plane has a rudder only, with no stabilizers.
    And once you're about to enter the spin, it feels like you have no vertical control surfaces at all anymore.
    In a nutshell, it just feels plain wrong, as if for whatever reason someone intentionally put exaggerated fastidious flight models on it.
  • There's no "all in one" pack available for a reasonable price.
    You're always left with pretty expensive "collector planes" missing from your bucket if you're not ready to spend several hundred dollars at once.
  • As mentioned elsewhere, as a mud mover I can't seem to find a way not to get killed instantly when I approach the target area in single player (quick) missions.

Best regards - Mike

Captain Dawson

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2017, 09:55:41 AM »

@Captain Dawson: As much as I understand, the BoM sale is only for users who have purchased BoS before.
    You get a promo code in your account when you're a BoS user, and this promo code can be used in the il2sturmovik.com store to reduce the BoM price by 40%.
    As a new user, I don't think you would get the 40% off on BoM.

Another user can purchase BoM as a gift for you, but I'm not sure whether that works if you're not a BoS user already either.

Actually, the site allows me to apply the code and receive the discount. I don't see any indication that I have to have bought BOS, unless I missed something. Lol, I swear the expiration date said March 6 yesterday, but now it says March 8! After I applied the code and decided not to use Paypal, it wouldn't let me use the code anymore "code already used". I didn't buy it, so how did I use the code?  :P  They're just messing with me. I've already seen this on sale multiple other times on Steam.

This is the one big reason why several thousand willing contributors can't bring that game forward.
      It's a shame.
      I understand the business logic, but that doesn't necessarily mean that a game has to be locked away from modding like BoX is.
    • The planes in real life simply cannot have been as unstable in their flight physics as they are in BoX.
      If the planes were that difficult to fly, an average combat pilot in WW2 would have had to go through a 20 years course on the flight school before being combat ready.
      Just one example from a yesterdays "go around" sortie, try it yourself if you cannot believe:
      Okay, I understand that this will somewhat *cough* disturb *cough* the flight, but...
      In case of BoX, your Macchi will flip over regardless what you do, and you will immediately enter an unrecoverable flat spin.
      And once you're about to enter the spin, it feels like you have no vertical control surfaces at all anymore.
      In a nutshell, it just feels plain wrong, as if for whatever reason someone intentionally put exaggerated fastidious flight models on it.
      You're always left with pretty expensive "collector planes" missing from your bucket if you're not ready to spend several hundred dollars at once.
    • As mentioned elsewhere, as a mud mover I can't seem to find a way not to get killed instantly when I approach the target area in single player (quick) missions.

Best regards - Mike

Yeah, this sounds like the same kind of general stuff I saw in Rise of Flight, another 777 "simulator". I don't question anything you've said about this, and I'm not a bit surprised about the overkill difficulty. BOX appears to be just a combination of IL-2 and a WWII version of ROF. I think I'll wait until it goes to 50% off.

Mission_bug

• Modder
    « Reply #10 on: March 03, 2017, 01:03:43 PM »

What bugs me the most currently is this (with no particular order):
      It's a shame.

Best regards - Mike

Have to agree with most of that Mike, but the game is still in infancy compared to our usual fare and sadly lacks the benefits of the whole community
    getting involved. ;)

Even when modding is opened up the input from the community will be limited it seems to ships, vehicles and objects although other games are quite
    happy to involve their communities as you say but for the BoS games it will be internal development primarily, sad really as we can see from this site
    just how much ability and interest there is out there.

The skins thing is ridiculous as is the fact that only two combatants were added to the game, the biggest draw of the older game was always the variety
    of scenarios that could be created with various nationalities and their individual aircraft markings.

The aircraft behaviour in the game has always been a little eccentric to say the least, wobbling and other strange behaviour the norm. :o

I always found a certain lack of feel to things like the physics was off somewhat and the environment not as believable in regard to effects on
    the flight envelope as you would expect, however, there is hope as the attention bestowed on the Fw 190 shows that things can be improved
    to a point where that aircraft now is finding favour and its detractors are actually falling in love again. :D

The snow landscape always impressed and like other Il-2 games the lighting effects at various times of day are always a joy to behold but
    the experience of viewing the Moscow scenery for the first time was quite something and still is.

It took our game twelve or so years of development to get to where we are now and there are still things that could be improved so I for
    one will stay with the new game and see what happens even though I rarely fly it is nice to try out a short mission every now and then or
    sit back and watch the AI take things for a spin.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

Captain Dawson

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2017, 02:42:16 PM »

Well lookey there, the sale is extended. For 2 days.
    Kind of random. I wonder why they would do this? Will they extend it another two days in two days?  :P

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 25 queries.