Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Black Sea map (summer & winter)  (Read 14654 times)

Greif11

• Modder
  • Salty??....Just taste it
Re: Black Sea map (summer & winter)
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2018, 08:37:43 AM »

I live on north coast of Azov sea ;) And nothing is impossible for winter map with partially iced sea.

Any time i got set of 8 kind of floating ice to form breaked and mixed ice field.
Look for my experiments with ice airfield. That can be used.

And why without Kerch-Kuban bridge - it was!!!!!

BRGDS Andrew

Dimlee

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2018, 12:29:08 PM »

I live on north coast of Azov sea ;) And nothing is impossible for winter map with partially iced sea.

Any time i got set of 8 kind of floating ice to form breaked and mixed ice field.
Look for my experiments with ice airfield. That can be used.

Your ice fields look really good. Thanks for sharing.  ]thumleft[

Dimlee

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2018, 12:42:09 PM »

Photo from detailed Crimea mapsbook, 1985 year (sorry, used telephone):

So, after erasing North-Crimean Irrigation Channel & several water reservoirs will have a historically accurate view of the Crimea landskape for 1941-1944.

Famous history map of Crimea, prewar RKKA, hard black color lines are railways:

You are aware probably, so just for general information:
1. Civilian and other non-classified (not "DSP") Soviet maps should not be trusted completely. For example, Balaklava Bay did not exist on them and Donuzlav shoreline and depths were not correct.
2. Landscape of North Crimea and Kerchen peninsula in 1930-1940s was different. Less vegetation, more dry land including sand patches. And most probably Sivash lakes looked different as well - before the industrial development in that area.

Greif11

• Modder
  • Salty??....Just taste it
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2018, 01:05:11 PM »

And most probably Sivash lakes looked different as well - before the industrial development in that area.
From dinosaurs and till now no any industrial development in area of Sivash lake. And no any industry near sivash. Maybe only traces of lost alien civilisation?
BRGDS Andrew

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2018, 01:49:12 PM »

Hello CzechTexan,

thank you very much. This map looks wonderful.

On your new "Black Sea map(s)" all runs flawless in my 4.10 - #DBW - UV3.  8)

Best regards, Gerhard
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2018, 04:14:03 PM »

Thank you, Bomberkiller!   :)  Glad you like it and are able to install it easily in your 4.10 setup.

I just changed the textures and then made this 4.13 map available to other "older" setups. 
I tried to make it look like vpmedia's textures for the Crimea map as seen in his VPmodpack.
4.13's map has a different actors file that makes Sevastopol's main airfield different than in 4.12 or older versions.

I do not plan on making anymore changes to this map...Anyone else can make improvements if they want to.

Dimlee

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2018, 12:54:37 PM »

From dinosaurs and till now no any industrial development in area of Sivash lake. And no any industry near sivash. Maybe only traces of lost alien civilisation?

Just three names: Crimean Titan (a.k.a. UCP), Crimean Soda, Perekop Bromine. Ecological impact was observed and studied since middle of 1960s at least.
Also other activities as dams construction (especially Kutaranskaya, Biyuk-Nayman) and irrigation could play part in shorelines changes.

dsawan

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2018, 12:33:51 AM »

Any quick missions for it?

Dimlee

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2018, 08:25:27 AM »

Wiki info??
That is most trusted )))) As Novichok :D :D :D :D :D
Map1919

I don't need Wiki's help in this case. Crimea is my homeland, I had contacts with some of those factories during my business career and Sivash minerals deposits were subject of one project study we developed.

Thank you for this map, indeed.
It's a pleasure to read old charts, they are fine examples of polygraphic art. And the year and the publisher's name make this one even more valuable. Appreciated.

Toobone

• Mapper
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2018, 04:40:34 AM »

Ice as ground in map_C for BS1941 winter map (fast experiments):

Rezults o_O:

Toobone

• Mapper
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2018, 05:07:54 AM »

1. Civilian and other non-classified (not "DSP") Soviet maps should not be trusted completely.

About seasonal rivers & North Crimean Channel(NCC) all correct in pre-war RKKA map & from 1985: RKKA without NCC, but with rivers, 1985 with NCC, but without seazonal rivers. For Balaklava we can use Sattelite map.

Landscape of North Crimea and Kerchen peninsula in 1930-1940s was different. Less vegetation, more dry land including sand patches.

Agreed.

And most probably Sivash lakes looked different as well - before the industrial development in that area.

Not too much, just several dams were built for the factories near Sivash in 1960s.
Therefore, we are looking at pre-war maps of the Red Army (RKKA) & voila (some fixes in 2D map):

Balaklava?.. yes, map_C only ;)

Toobone

• Mapper
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2018, 05:35:46 AM »

Just three names: Crimean Titan (a.k.a. UCP), Crimean Soda, Perekop Bromine. Ecological impact was observed and studied since middle of 1960s at least.
O yeah, in 1977 personally saw the horrible color of the water in lake near Titan UCP when was in  car cruise with my family from Tbilisi via Tuapse - Anapa - Kerch - Feodosia - Djankoy - Ascania-Nova - Nikolaev - Kiev - Gomel - Minsk - Kharkov - Rostov - Grozny - Tbilisi.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 21 queries.