Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vieing new ship possible?  (Read 1972 times)

dietz

• Supporter
  • " Keep watching the skies...."
    • Art of James Dietz
Vieing new ship possible?
« on: February 09, 2017, 02:06:00 PM »

I know this will sound a bit off the wall but is there a way of viewing the new ships? I'm not sure if the USS Missouri is included but I would like to do a "walk-around it from different distances & levels if possible. ;)
( Moderator please feel free to move this post if I've guessed wrong on placement...)

Captain Dawson

Re: Vieing new ship possible?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 02:43:13 PM »

I am not sure of what you mean. In FMB you can see the ships on the object window, and after placing ships you can simply press enter and view them from the 3D view! But you knew this already, right?  :-|  Could you be more specific about the problem?
"It's totally foolproof, until you mess something up." -Captain Dawson My OP rig: CybertronPC Palladium custom desktop computer, GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5, CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz 6M Cache Skylake Quad-Core, RAM: 8.00 GB, Motherboard: Intel H110 Chipset, SSD: 240GB, HDD: 1TB, OS: Windows 10

dietz

• Supporter
    • Art of James Dietz
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 02:57:06 PM »

I am not sure of what you mean. In FMB you can see the ships on the object window, and after placing ships you can simply press enter and view them from the 3D view! But you knew this already, right?  :-|  Could you be more specific about the problem?
Yes I did....Let me explain I'd like a view something like the Object Viewer, that shows detail of specific ships ,in this case the Missouri so I might take variety of screenshots from different angles.. If I understand you I build a very simple mission in FMB with just the specific ships I'd like to take screenshots of ,hit enter ,then be able to use F2 or Shift F2 and see them in gameplay.Am I on the right track?

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 03:10:04 PM »

When you want to take dramatic screenshots like under operation with smoke and wake, making and saving / running a mission with some static cameras is needed.

But OK only looking around , FMB's 3D view takes you those scenes.
(If you care colorful 3D cursor .... that's a big problem about this way.)

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 03:45:46 PM »

You can make new ships appear in the Object Viewer by adding entries to ship.ini (not ships.ini).
I included instructions about this in the HMSEagle instructions and in USS Yorktown.

dietz

• Supporter
    • Art of James Dietz
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 05:41:52 PM »

You can make new ships appear in the Object Viewer by adding entries to ship.ini (not ships.ini).
I included instructions about this in the HMSEagle instructions and in USS Yorktown.
That would be perfect,but what entry would I use for the Missouri...I think it exists in BAT but not at all sure.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 06:52:51 PM »

Western, just select a little pilot in the water and use him as your reference point to move around for a shot.  Nobody will ever see him!

Looking around in FMB is far superior to Object viewer IMHO.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 24 queries.