Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Over-realism. Yes there is such a thing.  (Read 15832 times)

<Gunny>

Re: Over-realism. Yes there is such a thing.
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2018, 06:25:42 PM »

The thing I have found over the years playing.
Some planes I can fly -not great but in most cases hold my own..
Take a BF109,P51,P38,P40,P39 I can fly.
Now the P47 I can't fly that thing no matter what I do--It fly's like a brick.
Then other pilots can fly the hell out of it.
It all boils down to one thing ---THIS IS A GAME-- Enjoy what you have...

Catahoulak9

• Modder
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2018, 12:40:43 PM »

This game would be a lot more enjoyable if the AI would play fair.

Dimlee

« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2018, 01:12:39 PM »

So we did some testing yesterday:
I flew a P51 at 60% fuel against my brother in  a Bf109G14 with 100% fuel, no GPs.

Interesting.
I never used HSFX and neither Bf 109 nor P51 are in my list of favourites. So I decided to look into IL2 Compare HSFX.
Ah, first confusion: there are two Bf 109 G14 and five P-51D-20NT.  Anyway, it seems that whatever pair you chose, 20NT is faster at all altitudes except small part of 5000m-6000m range (and if G14 utilises WEP). At some altitudes 20NT's speed advantage is around 100 kmh. Two types of 20NT has almost the same turntime as G14, others just slightly worse. As for ROC, G14 has convincing advantage only with WEP and at speeds under 350-400 kmh.
So... probably to accept it and live with that...

blackshark

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2018, 08:50:45 AM »

The problem of overrealism of AI has been tried to solve several times, there is so called AI Mod coming from March 2009, working at 4.10 Il-2 modded versions . Perhaps it would be useful to place here its readme?
Code: [Select]
UPDATE .11:

- Added more variability to the maneuvers
- Changed pilot settings so their engine management varies by skill level (lower skill levels have slightly reduced highest throttle settings to reduce advantage of the AI having no overheat)
- (Hopefully) fixed takeoff bug with bombers in certain situations.
- Random chance of enemy aircraft not reacting if you approach from behind with a large energy advantage. This is to simulate the AI getting "bounced". Chance decreases as skill level of enemy pilot increases, almost no chance of this happening vs. an Ace.

UPDATE .12:
- More adjustments to the maneuvers
- AI will only use nav lights when taking off and landing

UPDATE .13:
- More adjustments to the maneuvers
- Head on attacks are favoured vs bombers for 109G6s and later, all 190s, p51s, p47s, p38s, F4Us, F6Fs, F4Fs, YAK9s. Bomber attackers should be generally more cautious, avoid 6 o clock attacks.
-AI will no longer begin defensive maneuvers at 300m, distance is randomized within a range.

UPDATE .14:
- Yet more adjustments to the maneuvers.
- Made changes to wingman aggressiveness.
- Made changes to bomber attacking behavior. After the initial headon, they should now attack from other angles, instead of just trying to work back into position for another headon. Also, the AI will sometimes now aim for engines in both headon, and other passes. Let me know if this is any good, I don't have a mission with a huge bomber formation to test this with.

UPDATE .15:
- Yet more adjustments to the maneuvers.
- JABOS will no longer drop bombs at the first sign of trouble. Depends on situation/maneuver.
- Nav lights now off for emergency landings.
- Bomber attacking behavior adjusted. New behaviors seemed to be causing trouble, they'll be readded when I figure out what the problem is.
- Toned down AI gunner ability. Ace level is the same, other skill levels have reduced accuracy.
- Hopefully fixed landing routine so wingmen don't crash into you (untested).

UPDATE .16:
- .15 was a bugfest. Takeoff and wingman AI behavior were messed up. Please upgrade.
- Added BNZ type aircraft specific attack functions
- AI Gunners are now toned down for AI aircraft only. AI Gunners on player controlled aircraft remain with default accuracy, even if co-op host is running AI mod. There's nothing that can currently be done about this.
- Aircraft will use landing lights in daytime.

UPDATE .17:
- Adjustments to AI attack code.
- Changed landing light behavior. Will only use nav and landing lights at night, and should now use Nav lights in landing pattern, switch to landing lights on final.

UPDATE .20:

- Removed .17 AI attack changes.
- Adjusted JABO code, hopefully results in less accidents.
- Adjusted AI attack code/wingman behavior
- "Ace" planes can no longer take 1.5x the damage of a normal plane.

UPDATE .30:

- (Hopefully?) Fixed foolish bit of code that made planes fly into the side of mountains.
- The following fighters now use the Finger Four as a default formation instead of Echelon Right: P-38 P-40 P-47 P-51 F2A F4F F4U F6F SBD.

I a interested in it (i still use DBW often), may you please tell me where can I find/download it ?

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 24 queries.