Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unlocking Maps in FMB/BAT  (Read 2251 times)

Jenato

• The shit from the past is the manure of the future
Unlocking Maps in FMB/BAT
« on: February 02, 2017, 11:48:42 AM »

Hello,

is there a possibility in BAT to unlock maps to edit them. If so, how can it be done?

I would like to know because there are many flaws, for instance, on the WW1 Italian front map. Trees growing in hangar tents, walls where they shouldn't be, carts on dangerous places, especially where planes have to take off or land, oil drums not very logically placed....

Greetings.

jpten

Re: Unlocking Maps in FMB/BAT
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 12:42:15 PM »

If I may,  your changes in FMB Unlocked can require more resources to process (terrain changes and such) and it can get balky,  save often as you work. 

Jenato

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 02:10:05 PM »

Thanks for the info, but... I get a 70% CTD after changing bldconf.ini. Changing it to the old values makes everything ok, but... I must be missing something here.
Question: am I wrong to assume there is more necessary than changing bldconf.ini to unlock maps. And... can FMB, after changing bldconf.ini to unlock FMB (and eventual other things needed are there) , be started from any Module in BAT? In WAW or DOF...?

jpten

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 04:58:11 PM »

It should be able to operate in any or all modules but the first item that comes to my mind is each module uses the files for vehicles, objects, stationary and static...etc for that module.  If you start work on a map with DOF active and later after changing to WAW, open it to work on some more, that map might not have everything.  Your created works should be considered for one particular module.

dpeters95

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 09:25:40 PM »

Jenato,
    Here is a link to the topic concerning how to unlock the FMB in CUP:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=49864.0

Download files link in Reply #7

I would imagine the requirements are the same for BAT.  I did it in CUP but have not tried doing it in BAT yet.  You have to make those bldconf.ini changes vpmedia posted and you must modify your static.ini file or you will get that 70% crash.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 04:35:07 AM »

Another tip when playing the old WWI maps in Dawn of Flight - Change Forest=3 to Forest=2 (CONF.ini), works a treat.

Jenato

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 06:09:05 AM »

Thanks for the big help guys. Forest 2 does it indeed! And dpeters95... thanks a lot! A leap forward for me! Appreciated!

Greetings!

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 05:45:52 AM »

Thanks for the big help guys. Forest 2 does it indeed! And dpeters95... thanks a lot! A leap forward for me! Appreciated!

Greetings!

Forest 2 is a good workaround for WWI.  I don't believe those old maps were designed for the higher level of detail that came later.  Its not that they deliberately placed trees in the way, they just spawn there on the higher setting.  Therefore it may be more difficult to edit and re-populate these WWI maps than at first it appears.

However, if you get into map making, that's great!  Most map makers begin by helping others on part of a project, and learn more from there.  I think the map guys are some of the friendliest modders anywhere.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 23 queries.