Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: A round of applaus for those who made BAT possible.  (Read 5654 times)

dietz

• Supporter
  • " Keep watching the skies...."
    • Art of James Dietz
A round of applaus for those who made BAT possible.
« on: January 29, 2017, 10:13:07 AM »

I just installed the complete BAT package yesterday & with the exception of a few bumps in the road install-wise ( parts 25 & 27 specifically) solved by help in kind folks in Tech problems esp SAS Storebror & Flying H & others...,it was a smooth rather quick install.I was thankful for this ;having been around since the beginning of Il-2 & all the various ways to mod it ,I have been guilty of every way one could screw up a new or even smoothly working install( and some of those installs took a considerable time to install or re-install.It would take far too long to recount my various mia-culpas- so I won't.Suffice to say I am thankful for a very clean,very new & fresh modded version of the game ( with all the imported missions from the past ( ditto skins & users/careers.)I will be phasing out the several differnt versions & still have copied on my hard drive.I thought CUP was good but it will soon be gone.I have BAT now- thsnks so much for all those who made it possible! :D

laugust5

Re: A round of applaus for those who made BAT possible.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 10:34:11 AM »

Amen & here. here!

nadvgia

• Apprentice vaga
  • Like a Mig-15 on Steroids!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 10:45:08 AM »

I don't use BAT but Kudos on the hard work made :)

Flying H

• "And you can fly, high as a kite if you want to..
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 01:04:14 PM »

It couldnĀ“t be said in better words! THX to all involved and to a most helpful and patient community!  :-* to ya all!
And you can fly, high as a kite, if you want to.........

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 11:36:22 PM »

Hail the Hangar 19 Team 8)
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

benson

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 01:57:01 AM »

I fully agree! Great work. Downloaded the torrent and everything just slotted into place like it said on the tin. Many thanks Team!!!

sixstrings

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 06:47:50 PM »

Followed the manual-(actually read the whole thing) and everything went without a hitch. Will keep me busy for a long time to come. Thanks to all involved in this great work.Went as easy as the VP modact addon. So vast i'll not be playing any of my CFS3 installs for a while. Can't believe that this was done for free. Feel like i should pay someone for all this work. Guess the best thing is to donate to this site as well as M4T for all the joy you bring to a combat flight sim nerd as me. Thanks Hanger 19 Team for a job well done ! Regards,Scott

duffys tavern

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 08:41:01 PM »

Yes thank you very much for sharing with the rest of us. Excellent job!

sixstrings

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 03:06:01 AM »

So thankful for the release of B.A.T. and to all the work involved. Never had CUP as it was too confusing for my simple mind.Have many combat flight sims but CFS3 and Il-2 '46 are my favorite ones. I am guilty of getting into something that i forget what else is going on.Was into the CFS series so much i never gave anything else a chance till i got hooked on the Il-2 series. Had no idea that so much would be done to Il-2 '46 that it is hardly recognizable from the original sim. Great job Hanger 19 Team !!  Install was so easy that a dummy like me could figure it out (thanks for the wonderful manual). So much to explore that it'll keep me busy for a long while. Words can't express the thankfulness i have for all the work done for us few combat flight sim fans. Thanks again. Regards,Scott

POUSSIN1

• Missioneer
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 05:04:02 AM »

Hello everybody !

After a long time off IL2, I have just replaced my old CUP install by BAT and re-discovered the pleasure of playing this flightsim ! I was a great fan of CUP but BAT seems to have even more potential, especially for mission builder like me. It gives me the will to get back to campaign building...So a big thank you to all those involved : Congratulations on a job well done ! 8)

Cheers, poussin  ;D

Dimlee

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2017, 04:06:28 PM »

Due time restraints I postpone that lucky moment when I can try BAT in full force. But my torrent client is up for at least 3-4 hours per day (upload limit = unlimited) helping others to download. And when I look into "peers" tab of my mTorrent I see 30-40 connections. Impressive.

The gratitude of every virtual pilot in this forum, in IL-2 community, and indeed throughout the world, except some renegates WoT players, goes out to the SAS team who, undaunted by odds, unwearied in their constant challenge, are turning the wheels of IL-2 improvement by their prowess and by their devotion. Never in the field of combat air simulators was so much owed by so many to so few.
K.B.O.

Dogbert

• Clueless
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2017, 06:08:46 PM »

I agree with all the plaudits. I am new to everything to do with flight sims.

But i can honestly say that if i hadn't come across CUP on YouTube and then through that, this forum and BAT.

I probably would have decided 1946 was a poor purchase.

So many thanks for this great upgrade and expansion.

Mike.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 26 queries.