Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zflyer48's Hanger-Ro43  (Read 12465 times)

Zflyer48

• Modder
  • There is no failure in doing; only in not trying.
Re: Zflyer48's Hanger-Ro43
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2017, 10:09:00 AM »

As I have taken the SuperSchool tutorials, I have ventured into Java.
I have fixed the Dynamo so it is working. See first post for Update download. Copy and paste.
Remember to back-up before changing.

Endeavoring to improve
Zflyer48

Zflyer48

• Modder
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2018, 01:18:45 PM »

During my convalescence, I have been watching a crap load of YouTube videos. I found one showing the Ro43 with folding wings. So, I am off and running
trying to make this work.
Zflyer48

Piotrek1

• SAS IL BYTES BACK
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2018, 01:36:14 PM »

Beautiful plane , Thank you for updates 8).

Zflyer48

• Modder
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2018, 08:01:40 AM »

Couple of screenies to show what I have so far. This is in DBW. I am not non-carrier catapult modded, yet. 
Tried in 4112, but wings stay in open position on start-up.

Zflyer48

gianluca

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2018, 09:01:15 AM »

wow keep it up z flyer!

Gianluca

dona

• Modder
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2018, 12:53:11 PM »

Looks great!!

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2018, 06:33:26 AM »

Interesting project Mike, sorry I cannot help really on the folding wings, however, we do have two instances I know of in a 4.12 game where float planes take off from a sea going vessel that is not one of our usual flat tops. ;)

This I think was the first time we saw it, please follow any links in the thread it might help:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,35096.0.html

Here is the other instance, this link might actually be in that above:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,36493.0.html

From memory I think these were fixed wing, however, see where they take you who knows. ;)

Looks like you will need a 4.12 game version with engine mod.

Take care.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

Zflyer48

• Modder
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2018, 08:26:27 AM »

Thanks, Pete. Wings folded at start up in 4112, now. Needed engine mod.

A small request. Does anyone have Nachpad/Murdoc template for the Ro 37bis? I need to fix all
my distortions for better skins. Thanks in advance.

Zflyer48

dona

• Modder
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2018, 06:26:55 PM »

propnut27

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2018, 09:00:20 PM »

I seem to recall that asheshouse had built an Italian battleship for some version of this game. It seems to have gotten lost somewhere along the line. IIRC that ship carried this aircraft as a catapult launched scout plane.

Gatrasz

• Supporter
  • Dead but dreaming...
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2018, 03:22:51 AM »

Interesting project Mike, sorry I cannot help really on the folding wings, however, we do have two instances I know of in a 4.12 game where float planes take off from a sea going vessel that is not one of our usual flat tops. ;)

For what I know, catapults on Iowa class vessels are more or less disabled by the latest versions of Engine Mod (except for some planes maybe). So, until it's been reworked or solved, it's hard to know if catapult take-off will still be open to new planes. Maybe someone can tell me if I'm wrong (I hope ! :-| )

Spider16

• Non nobis Domine non nobis sed nomini tuo da glori
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2018, 05:19:26 AM »

To the friends who develop missions, some encounters and actions of the RO-43 in the theater  of the Mediterranean. The aircraft's good endurance meant that seaplanes could still be useful in the constrained Mediterranean. Six Ro.43 launched from light cruisers played a role in spotting the British fleet during the battle of Calabria, in the opening months of the war. One of them, departing from the cruiser Eugenio di Savoia, kept visual contact with the battleship HMS Warspite during the exchange of fire between the British capital ship and the Italian battleship Giulio Cesare before being chased off by Sea Gladiator from the carrier HMS Eagle. [6]

Near the end of 1940, a lone Ro.43 launched by the heavy cruiser Bolzano was the first to spot the British fleet at the beginning of the battle of Cape Spartivento, at 9:45 [7] while the seaplane of Gorizia located the British Convoy at 11:45. [8] British Skuas from the carrier HMS Ark Royal claimed to have shot down one seaplane after a fruitless bombing on the Italian fleet, purportedly an Ro.43 from the battleship Vittorio Veneto. The performance of the Ro.43s in this battle was eulogized by the Italian supreme command. [10] Another Ro.43 launched by Vittorio Veneto pinpointed the British cruiser squadron at 6:35 during the engagement near Gavdos island, the prelude of the Battle of Cape Matapan, on 28 March 1941. [11]

The cruiser-borne Ro.43 signaled the presence of the British convoy by dropping flares during the Second Battle of Sirte, [12] while another seaplane from the battleship Littorio directed the fire of the Italian fleet onto the British squadron [13] before disengaging at 5:24 p.m.

The Ro.43s continued to take part in shipborne operations as late as June 1942, during the Italian cruiser attack on the Harpoon convoy. One of the Italian seaplanes was shot down by a Bristol Beaufighter from Malta in the course of this action. [16]

From Wikipedia .
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 23 queries.