Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome to Battlefield - Airborne - Tactical  (Read 7359 times)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Focus on the solution, not the problem.
    • Broadarrow Artwork
Welcome to Battlefield - Airborne - Tactical
« on: January 16, 2017, 01:49:36 AM »

Love what you've done with the place!   ;D

Thanks to SAS Admin for another great job on these forums.  The support here at SAS, for the biggest Supermod in Il2 history, is second to none.  Then again; in all things Il2 SAS is always second to none.  We have come to expect this level of quality even as we so often take it for granted.

Now that we have a B.A.T. dedicated forum we shall create a reference page for all the downloads.  There will be direct links to the initial install section and the six expansion packs.  The B.A.T. Manual will be listed at the top and should be the first download for anyone considering this upgrade.

Battlefield - Airborne - Tactical comes from the fact that this Supermod (please don't call it a modpack, this is WAAAAAAY bigger), B.A.T. modifies the entire Il2 Simulator, from the ground objects and shipping fleets, to the aircraft and finally the new maps and functional picture with Command and Control.

Battlefield - Airborne - Tactical summed up what we were trying to achieve.  One of our core members of Hangar-19, RDDR, then pointed out the snappy acronym reminded him of military acronyms he had previously encountered.  eMeL's brilliant design, with the B.A.T. letters in the crosshairs, sealed the deal.

SAS~Storebror's installer, selector code and loading message made the whole thing possible.  For my part, 79 previous C.U.P. packages became 29 B.A.T. packages, and the super-easy install was born.  Thanks also to DPeters95 for lending us his experience and expertise to thoroughly check over 400 maps in B.A.T.  KevinHoggard also tested an advance copy for us and worked very hard to test the install process.  Kev effectively downloaded everything 2 or 3 times, thanks again mates.

Along the way we integrated PAL's Utilities which in turn has fixed the LASTQUICK bug.  It is now possible to leap from era to era, change to any plane on any map and QMB yourself to oblivion! 

If you do encounter a QMB MISSION, QMB MISSION, NEVER MAPS, QMB MISSION that doesn't load or work for you - You will already know, from reading the B.A.T. Manual, page-13, that this is because B.A.T. has expanded so fast that QMB hasn't kept up.  Simply enter FMB and edit the QMB MISSION in order to fix it, expand it, clone it, whatever.

QMB will continue to improve and expand.  Several dedicated enthusiasts are already working on it as we speak.

There have been a few teething troubles.  It is a lot of material to upload and a few gremlins messed us about at the start.  The Jet Age code is particularly complex and slippery at times, but well worth the effort to integrate across the board.  The B.A.T. Jet Age flightline is already the largest such collection of Jet Era material in any one place for Il2.  If you want to be ready for the next generation jets in Il2, and there are some spectacular things coming, then B.A.T. is going to make life a lot easier.

The same is also true of the Dawn of Flight aircraft set.  As of Expansion Pack Six, where a huge effort was made to upgrade all WWI aircraft to the latest versions functioning in 412, the flightline itself has reached 180 aircraft!  This is well above anything else for this era and includes more excellent 412 compatible mods, the Gothas, Caudrons, Avro 504s and many more.

Any missions or campaigns made in C.U.P. will be compatible with B.A.T. with the exception of those that add trains.  The trains have improved.  In any case here we go again, opening up old missions and writing new ones.  The difference this time is that B.A.T. feels complete, taut, easy to install, more popular than ever.

SAS~Storebror has given us a torrent as well.  Whatever fubars crept into the early expansion packs were quickly cleared up.  But the Initial Install is ROCK SOLID and will NEVER CHANGE!  The individual downloads and the Torrent will always agree.  This B.A.T. is in for the long haul and its going to be quite a ride!

SAS~Monty27

Forager

Re: Welcome to Battlefield - Airborne - Tactical
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 08:03:33 AM »

This massive overhaul will add years to IL2.

I wonder what Oleg Maddox and the original crew think of how far their fine initial work has been advanced?

For those of us who cannot, for whatever reason, do what you and all of the many, many others who have contributed to this package have given us....Thank You!

Dogbert

• Clueless
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 10:36:29 AM »

Excuse manners been on the forum for a week and have not said thank you for this amazing addition to the vanilla 1946.

So many thanks to everyone involved, guys.

regards,
Mike.

sixstrings

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 11:09:01 AM »

Simply a amazing work. Massive in content. Will keep me busy for quite a while. Thanks to all the developers for all their hard work to bring us this mega mod. Enjoy it greatly. Install was easy and pain free and have it to expansion 12 now and look forward for more to come. Keep up the great work. BAT is the new king of combat flight sims!! Regards,Scott

beekeeper

• bees produce honey !
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 02:41:39 PM »

Hi there,
I have just downloaded Il-2 1946 from GoG and the version is 4.13.3m.
Is this the correct version to run BAT ? Given that GoG gives you all the files to get up to that version, is there a way to get back to a former version if BAT is made for an earlier version ?
Thanks !

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • The man of a million fixes

beekeeper

• bees produce honey !
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 12:39:19 AM »

Thank you !
I will try that. :)

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 12:58:10 AM »

One thing to add to the info in that link.
Keep your original 4.13.3 version as a master copy.
Copy the game folder and apply the 4.12.2 conversion to the copy.
If things go wrong you still use the master to try again.

beekeeper

• bees produce honey !
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 02:28:01 PM »

I have tried the unpatcher, but it keeps me into 4.13.3m. I think I have done what was required. Someting went wrong.
I copied the file on the folder's name, not inside the folder. Is that the wrong thing ?
Thanks.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 12:54:09 PM »

The 4.13.X Unpatcher has been so far downloaded 84 times, unfortunately nobody has provided any feedback of any kind.. The tests I ran were successful but I do not have a GoG download to test it with.

Oh well, I am sure beekeeper found his honey after all :D
NG-HUD v3.2 | NG-MAP v3.0 | NG-CAM v1.6: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

MDS1

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2017, 07:58:25 AM »

Hello Gentlemen and Fine Upstanding Members of the Community,

I'm new here at SAS, and may I say how grateful I am that I found you. I have played IL2 since it's first release way back when God was a boy (Circa 2001 I seem to recall). I played up until the release of IL-2 1946, and due to many reasons, left the game and computers for nearly a decade.

I am amazed, impressed and totally delighted to find that the beautiful game is still around, and wish to say thank you to all the Modders for their excellent, untiring work. I am currently running three installs, stock 4.13.4m, VP_modpack and just recently added BAT v3.01.

It's absolutely brilliant. From and old gamer who has returned to find the game much improved, - a heartfelt thank you!  ;D
Kind Regards,
MDS1
"ME109's at 11 o'clock High Skipper .... One fears they're bent on mischief"

sixstrings

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2017, 09:56:27 AM »

Welcome MDS1 . You run the same versions i do and find them totally enjoyable. Was away for a long time also and am glad to be back. Got into CFS3 and WOFF and wanted to take a break, Then i rediscovered Il-2 '46 and was floored at what has been done. Hope you find it as enjoyable as i've found. Good luck and may the fun begin. Regards,Scott
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 25 queries.