Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 73   Go Down

Author Topic: C.U.P. becomes B.A.T.  (Read 155856 times)

SAS~Gerax

• SAS Team
Re: C.U.P. becomes B.A.T.
« Reply #792 on: December 30, 2017, 07:42:02 PM »

iliekater, the problem with this stock Il-2 versions (4.10, 4.11, 4.12, 4.13) is this:
with every new version some coders at DT ruined a lot of the modders efforts.
DT does their own thing and do not care for downwards compatibilty from a modders
perspective. We can't do anything about it, talking to them sadly never did help.

ie this whole modders community went and goes through a timewasting process of
having to update the modded pieces of code to make their 4.09, 4.10 mods compatible with 4.12.
After this we as SAS decided to stop here and and stay with what we have made for 4.12.   
So it comes that BAT (and CUP) is for 4.12 and not 4.13.

At other modders sites you will find packs compatible with 4.13 so they say.
Just do some searching ...

A few planes, ships etc from 4.13 were adopted for 4.12 and you will find some in BAT iirc.
Just did a search in BATs latest manual BAT.pdf, found this:

New Tanks and Artillery from 413 SAS~Epervier
Aichi E13A1 'Jake' from 413 SAS~Epervier
SB-2M-103 from 413 SAS~Epervier
Ship Su Smolensk from 413 SAS~Epervier
Trains from 4.13.1 v1.01 SAS~Epervier
B.A.T. allows us to use TDs 4.13 B-24 Liberator as well as the
other three types that were already there.

i7-4790K 4.00GHz, Asus Z97 Extreme 6, 16GB DDR3; 750GB SSDs, 2TB SSHD, 8TB int.+ext.HDs; Sound Blaster ZxR; Nvidia GTX-980 4GB, Acer 3840x2160 GSync; Win7 64bit.

iliekater

« Reply #793 on: December 31, 2017, 02:16:35 AM »

Thanks Gerax for the reply !
I just installed BAT and it seems it works as it should . Great work !
I just want to mention one thing and ask three others :
(1) I believe there is one thing missing : both in the manual and in the correspondent web page there is no mention about how to change between mods (like Age of Jets) . In fact it isn't even mention that this has to be done . On the contrary , at some point is written that during installation one has to take a look into the Age of Jets and see if the Hind is pink , but once the game is started there is nowhere to look for the Hind helicopter (because the game starts by default in the Golden Age mod) . Luckily for me I had the windows explorer opened at that path (in order to see where Steam installed the game) and I did saw that in the game's directory has been placed an exe file (IL-2 Selector.exe) with which one can select the mod he wishes . But I suppose there might have been many other users who - like me - had no previous experience of IL-2 1946 modding and they might have had the same problem . So I think it's a good idea to mention that in both the manual and the correspondent webpage (the one which also describes the installation steps : https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,53691.0.html) .
(2) Now , the first thing I want to ask about is this : one of the available mods in the IL-2 Selector.exe file is the SAS MODACT 5.3 . WHat does it do and how is it activated ? You see I started the game with this mod ON , but when I went on to select a plane the game seemed to keep loading something for ages . At some point I even lost the mouse and had to reset the computer .
(3) The second thing is : what does the message RAM FEASIBLE means in the mod selector ? It seems I must not use more than 512 MBs of RAM , because I see the green color gets darker if I select something beyond 512 . Why ? what's wrong beyond that ? Afterall , I see in the game's specifications that the minimum is 512 MBs but the recommended RAM is 1 GB . If it matters , I am using Win7 and I have 6 GBs of RAM .
(4) The third thing I want to ask is : what is the HL ? Because in the mod selector there is a message saying : No HL found .

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • The man of a million fixes
« Reply #794 on: December 31, 2017, 02:51:00 AM »

SAS Modact (MOD ACTivator) is basically a "blank" modded setup. It "lives" in the #SAS folder. Here you can install individual mods just for yourself if you chose to do so....
Or do something like this:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,54755.0.html

You can even add your own personalized packs with your own #XXXX folders and add them to the selector.

Il-2 is an old game. It is best to leave this setting alone. 512 is the stable setting and setting it to higher values does not improve performance but lowers stability. Leave it at 512 and you are good to go.

HL may stand for Hyperlobby. Something for online playing. BAT is an offline package, it does not work online so that is of no importance.

iliekater

« Reply #795 on: December 31, 2017, 04:24:05 AM »

Thanks vampire_pilot ! Alright I'll leave it then to 512 MBs .
Let me ask something else : is it possible to have all the BAT planes available ? You see I would like to see how long I can stand against an F16 with my Spitfire or any other old airplane !  ;D

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
« Reply #796 on: December 31, 2017, 05:06:20 AM »

No and yes.

No because it's the whole concept behind BAT and the era mods to have this split in packages that make sense and actually can be handled by the game itself due to size and prerequisites. An all-in-one is simply not possible technically.

Yes because there are some Spitfires in JTW module. There is some overlap, Spits and P-47s or P-51s and others were used well into the 50s.

iliekater

« Reply #797 on: December 31, 2017, 06:25:09 AM »

Is there a way  I can stop IL-2 Selector from terminating the game ? Because I observe that if I am away for a few minutes , then when I come back the game is terminated .

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
« Reply #798 on: December 31, 2017, 07:11:49 AM »

Please do not request technical help in this thread, use the appropriate forum.

And please make a descriptive post about the exact nature of your problem.

SAS~Gerax

• SAS Team
« Reply #799 on: December 31, 2017, 08:35:14 AM »

iliekater, vampire is right, make BAT tech help requests here please:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,266.0.html

Let me ask something else : is it possible to have all the BAT planes available ?

As Vampire said: No. BAT simply would explode.  ;D

But you could (when you are firm with IL-2 modded, installing planes, and BAT in general)
install this or that plane you want to try in Jetwar seperately...
stock 412 planes should work when you just add their air.ini lines.
but I would not try it the other way: installing ie the F-16 into WAW .. 
i7-4790K 4.00GHz, Asus Z97 Extreme 6, 16GB DDR3; 750GB SSDs, 2TB SSHD, 8TB int.+ext.HDs; Sound Blaster ZxR; Nvidia GTX-980 4GB, Acer 3840x2160 GSync; Win7 64bit.

iliekater

« Reply #800 on: December 31, 2017, 12:52:23 PM »

Alright . Thanks all for your replies ! I understand you telling me to ask such thing in a technical sub-forum ; you thought I meant how to modify the game !  :) Well my question was a naive one ; I only cared if there was a simple way because I am not so advanced to effectuate such modifications !
Oh , by the way , the simple way to get rid of that effect is to start the game from Steam itself rather from the IL-2 Selector.exe . Afterall , I like it more to have my photographs through the Steam engine .
Oh man ; this game is so fun ! I played for hours ! I remember back in the days I tried to buy it but I only found out lately about this game and there weren't any pieces left in the market . Now thanks to Steam I bought it on a very low price but I never imagined that it was to be even better thanks to BAT !

creature

« Reply #801 on: January 11, 2018, 02:30:15 PM »

Monty:

So do I install CUP over BAT or BAT over CUP? and what the hell happened to my Full Monty install??? :)))))))))

Arrrrgh.  Just having a little fun.

Been off the grid for a while and its great to see this is all still expanding.  I wish I had more
time to contribute!!  Incredible job to all!!!

Enjoy the New Year everyone.

***Love the A-6***  Having a Blast!!

C

"Can you put that in Captain dummy Talk"  Capt Malcom Reynolds // no sim pilots=no one to fly modded planes//no modders =no modded planes to fly

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #802 on: February 01, 2018, 04:05:26 AM »

Hi.

BAT v3.3 download topic is locked and we cannot write comments there.
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,57475.0.html

Is it under admins' management ?

I want to talk about v3.3 components bugs from where they came.

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #803 on: February 01, 2018, 09:07:27 AM »

Ehm why not open a dedicat thread in the tech help section? Could be interesting for more than sone guys and could form a good basis for bug hunting....
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 73   Go Up

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 22 queries.