Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 73   Go Down

Author Topic: C.U.P. becomes B.A.T.  (Read 172495 times)

whistler

• Modder
Re: C.U.P. becomes B.A.T.
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2017, 05:11:33 PM »

sorry guys but i have an incomplete installation after following the PDF instructions.

its a shame i must be the only one !

HELP !
Manually extract il2fb.ini from BAT27, my install went a-ok
NG-HUD v3.2 | NG-MAP v2.0 | NG-CAM v1.6: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Focus on the solution, not the problem.
    • Broadarrow Artwork
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2017, 05:23:49 PM »

sorry guys but i have an incomplete installation after following the PDF instructions.

RTFM - Page-130 + check folder sizes Page-6

B.A.T. remains flexible enough, because of the 29 parts, to manually install any part if necessary.  Although the Installer is 99.9% effective we cannot take account for every system, what other processes you are running, copying over to portable drives and other minor things can trip you up.

Run the installer - check your file and folder sizes - the structure is so simple.

farang65

• never two weeks, two months, two years, two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Terror Over The Top End
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2017, 05:36:40 PM »

Woowha  ;) Woowha  ;)

I really wondered what was going on with CUP Simon.

I guess I'll just have to replace my CUP install with a BAT install.

Since CUP went relatively quiet I have seen a lot of new mod content in all shapes and forms over the past while.

I hope the recent additions are included BAT

Awesome Job to everyone involved in BAT  ;D

Cheers

Kirby

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
    • Broadarrow Artwork
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2017, 05:39:58 PM »

You are good to go over the top of the old C.U.P. Kirby.  You won't even have to change your install folder.  The new B.A.T. mod and sfs folders are separate from the old C.U.P.  You can clean them out afterwards.

RTFM - Page-18.  All covered!  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

The B.A.T. Expansion Pack One will get you bang up to date including the F5 and Il28, (credits and discussion in the manual).

...takes about ten minutes once you have the parts...

Many thanks for this great work!
As previously, I reported it on my IL2 1946 database

Many thanks PA-Dore for a great service to the wider community, much appreciated.  I think you should also add this link:

B.A.T. EXPANSION PACK ONE - BATEP01
https://www.mediafire.com/?tcfc81sdme8tcp0

The same goes for FNRennier, who handles our Portugese translation, its a privilige to work with you and anything you guys need, you are considered part of the team.

dagger123456

« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2017, 06:55:07 PM »

But what about those flyer that arent getting any younger and are settled with CUP?  This download time can be time consuming.  And then they dont get anymore update as CUP users.  I'm just saying.......These are those things that you lose some and gain some.

Flyers that are patient and successful on getting CUP paid dearly on this one. 

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
    • Broadarrow Artwork
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2017, 06:56:25 PM »

But what about those flyer that arent getting any younger and are settled with CUP?  This download time can be time consuming.  And then they dont get anymore update as CUP users.  I'm just saying.......These are those things that you lose some and gain some.

Flyers that are patient and successful on getting CUP paid dearly on this one.

RTFM - Page-18  All questions and such ideas are discussed thoroughly.  We work this stuff out beforehand because we don't do anything without thinking...

Nobody has been let down - Development continues and B.A.T. can easily replace an existing C.U.P. install.  The only change is a load of new material to download - Surely if we carried on with C.U.P. as it was there would still be new material to download.

For most enthusiasts this is a small gear change, nothing more.  The project got big, time for a spring clean.  This time the installer and initial patch is far more solid and our stated goal has always been to present the ultimate Il2  Supermod as a stable set - based on what we have learned from C.U.P.

B.A.T. is the result of over five years work on this project, from TFM and earlier.  It has evolved from C.U.P. into a very simple install, with all the benefits that offers, and I make no apologies.

nyali

• Supporter
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2017, 07:05:26 PM »

as a matter of interest, i did speed read manual first, this can be manually installed Simon ?

I prefer not using automated installers lol, bad experience in the past  :o

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
    • Broadarrow Artwork
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2017, 07:15:50 PM »

as a matter of interest, i did speed read manual first, this can be manually installed Simon ?

I prefer not using automated installers lol, bad experience in the past  :o

Absolutely, the installer automates and speeds up the process but of course each part goes to your main il2 install, do them in sequence and sit there with a coffee while it goes in, no worries. 

The MOD and SFS folders are named differently so this can go over the top of your C.U.P. install .  After you have installed the Il2FB.INI is changed to reflect the new B.A.T. setup and you can easily take out the old C.U.P. folders.

nyali

• Supporter
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2017, 07:21:05 PM »

great news, I have always liked to see what goes where. When this eventually downloads completely via torrent I'll set aside a few hours to do a manual install.

But as a note :- For those new to mod packs.... READ THE MANUAL, and use the ENCLOSED INSTALLER, Simon and others put a lot of work into making this painless for new users, please take advantage of their hard work.  8)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
    • Broadarrow Artwork
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2017, 07:25:43 PM »

great news, I have always liked to see what goes where. When this eventually downloads completely via torrent I'll set aside a few hours to do a manual install.

But as a note :- For those new to mod packs.... READ THE MANUAL, and use the ENCLOSED INSTALLER, Simon and others put a lot of work into making this painless for new users, please take advantage of their hard work.  8)

Its so easy to clone a clean install of Il2 - The beautiful program writes nothing to the registry!  So its a simple thing to set up and install. 

Patch to 412 with the SAS Superpatch and then run the B.A.T. installer, job done!

Done it a dozen times this last month!

baggo

« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2017, 07:27:15 PM »

simon cup has gone from a fat bastard to a lovely slimline model with more there than before,this can only be THE FUTURE this is more than anyone dreamt of.what a wonderful surprise,2017 here we come.....many thanks to all involved...kev.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
    • Broadarrow Artwork
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2017, 07:30:00 PM »

simon cup has gone from a fat bastard to a lovely slimline model with more there than before,this can only be THE FUTURE this is more than anyone dreamt of.what a wonderful surprise,2017 here we come.....many thanks to all involved...kev.

LOL  8) ;D too right mate - The original 79 downloads become 29.  50 packages recombined; duplicates and redundancies eliminated, some slimming programme...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 73   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 25 queries.