Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 73   Go Down

Author Topic: C.U.P. becomes B.A.T.  (Read 178578 times)

RDDR Hangar19

• Modder
Re: C.U.P. becomes B.A.T.
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017, 05:14:42 AM »

Happy New Year Everyone.
 As Emel has already said, "We want you all to get B.A.T.ted. NOW!!

It is all there folks.
 Any questions you might have regarding install and happiness Haha!!
 are answered in that 140 page B.A.T. Manual.
 It is a fun read.
All The Best, and Happy New Year to everyone here at SAS.

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2017, 05:48:09 AM »

Dear All,
                   first of all, I'm impressed by the effort put on this. Congrats to all involved.

I still don't see clearly the benefit of remixing everything what already existed. I mean: for the while I see that this is the same with a different organization.

I'm quite impressed by the ReadMe. I think that I have never in my whole life seen such a huge .pdf

It has a lot of information, but just a couple of things I saw:

The .last.quick issue was 100% solved in my last versions of the MissionProCombo. It manages it without any trouble.

The Properties saving in Full Mission Builder was addressed too.

I don't know which non-definitive versions were used.

For the while I would not download the bunch of Gigs from the .torrent, but I would like to know something that I haven't seen explained anywhere:

Are there stationary, technics, or other .ini files debuged or refined? Or are the same in use in last versions of C.U.P.?

Regards, Pablo

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2017, 05:57:14 AM »

Blimey what a job - the readme alone is 447meg!! Will you still be offering support for CUP or is that now defunct? Sadly now I live in N Cyprus this is gonna take an age to download so If CUP is still supported I might give it a miss for now. Great work tho guys and happy 2017 to you all.

Took me 30 mins to download the readme!! ;)
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, Gainward windforce OC GTX 960 2GB, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, 256GB Crucial SSD, 500GB Seagate HDD, LG M Disc DVD rewriter, Windows 10 64bit.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Focus on the solution, not the problem.
    • Broadarrow Artwork
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2017, 06:09:47 AM »

Eternal life to CUP, you served well and will be remembered. BEHOLD BAT, THE NEW KING OF IL-2!

It will take a while to download but I can see from the manual you did a great job integrating even more optional content thus reducing the JSME options. Congratulations and many thanks for yet another quality release!

Thanks, Whistler.  I think B.A.T. is a much more compressed, inclusive and stable platform.  It is an easy matter to alter your Skies Program using the new Mod Folder names, which have a '2' added to them.   By treating all of the sim at once we now have a fixed initial install (and torrent) with very easy updates all in one.  ;D

Blimey what a job - the readme alone is 447meg!! Will you still be offering support for CUP or is that now defunct? Sadly now I live in N Cyprus this is gonna take an age to download so If CUP is still supported I might give it a miss for now. Great work tho guys and happy 2017 to you all.

No sympathy!  I live in South Australia and had to UPLOAD it!  That was bloody sloooow!  Future support will usually take the form: 'RTFM-Page No.**'  ;D

@Pablo:  The Lastquick issue is not your fault Pablo- The different modules, using different planelists, seem to be the key.  I think a definitive answer will be the introduction of a common aircraft to all modules, perhaps the Piper Cub, and a read-only fix based on that.

With regard to MissionProCombo it is seen as essential and is accordingly built in based on the latest version available Full Mission Builder+ v4.12.2m.
I am prepared to re-test the latest version again - including the lastquick solutions.  If the conclusions are different, or if something has been missed, we can easily update the facility with B.A.T. Expansion Pack Two.   Regardless, its the most brilliant utility for Il2, as are all of your mods, thank you!

Stationary, technics, chief, static.inis are all advanced from C.U.P.  This is because the consolidation of all material afforded the opportunity to correct many minor gripes.  The 'Mapcase' , that section dealing with maps and objects, was also greatly expanded because new maps were released as we neared completion of the second stage.  B.A.T. began as a tidy up and reduction of duplicate files but quickly evolved beyond that during the assembly.

The biggest change by far - and it has a huge impact on the simplicity of install and maintenance - is that we no longer 'pick and choose' which bits we want and which we would discard.  This piecemeal attitude is contrary to the raison d'être of C.U.P. and absolutely no part of B.A.T.  People who want to fly a more limited option have that choice elsewhere. 

B.A.T. is a wide ranging patch way beyond the traditional scope of the 'official' patches, who have nothing whatsoever to do with The Jet Age, for example, our wonderful SASEngineMOD, and the fantastic strides forward with regard to integrating a whole new generation of weapons, flight models and avionics.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Ask me if I care.
    • Friendly Fire isn't.
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2017, 06:10:39 AM »

I still don't see clearly the benefit of remixing everything what already existed.
While we all thought that the CUP installation instructions were impossible to read wrong, reality proved us wrong.
Two users per day, sometimes many more, don't get along with installing CUP.
The boards got flooded with "I did everything right and still it goes wrong" bug reports.

BAT is this: Download BAT and run the installer. Period.

See the benefit?
Anyone who managed to install IL-2 will naturally be able to install BAT.

It's a true successor to CUP which means that it will be developed further and since actually men build the pack instead of machines, it will have issues which will have to be addressed later.
And who knows, once the ball gets rolling, BAT might even become a legit successor of the so called "official" patches.

Best regards - Mike
Learn. Challenge. Improve. In loving memory of the times when I cared...

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2017, 06:33:50 AM »

Hi guys further to my last there is no way on earth i'm gonna be able to download this beauty here in the TRNC, my days of fibreoptic are long gone it would take me an absolute age and several days - is there anyway of getting a DVD option shipped over to me? Happy to pay of course.
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, Gainward windforce OC GTX 960 2GB, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, 256GB Crucial SSD, 500GB Seagate HDD, LG M Disc DVD rewriter, Windows 10 64bit.

nyali

• Supporter
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2017, 06:38:10 AM »

Happy New Year Simon and all on the CUP / BAT team, thank goodness I didn't see this earlier, even with an automated installer I can guarantee my warped alcohol damaged mind would have created a FUBAR.

Now I'm sober its a different matter, Mike is right in saying it should prevent 90% of posts concerning CUP which is always good. Most of those errors were totally self inflicted too which never failed to annoy me when I read how "CUP broke my install" etc.

So many thanks to all involved and off to download i go  8)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Focus on the solution, not the problem.
    • Broadarrow Artwork
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2017, 07:06:12 AM »

Hi guys further to my last there is no way on earth i'm gonna be able to download this beauty here in the TRNC, my days of fibreoptic are long gone it would take me an absolute age and several days - is there anyway of getting a DVD option shipped over to me? Happy to pay of course.

Nobody will pay for anything from this site mate!  I don't use a burner these days but of course anyone is free to burn the material and post it to you.  Another option is to stick a couple of USBs in a Jiffy Bag.  Total size of B.A.T., with the first Expansion Pack is 50Gb.  Absolutely no commercial deals or compensation - Post between friends OK - Please arrange such requests by PM.  You have put it out there and I'm sure someone can help in time.

Note:
Please re-download the B.A.T. Manual it has been recently updated and took a little while to overwrite the previous version on the same link.

B.A.T. THE MANUAL
https://www.mediafire.com/?8c8bk9517cm05am

DougW60

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2017, 07:11:37 AM »

Thank you very big, what a wonderful way to start the new year.

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2017, 07:16:25 AM »

Anyone who managed to install IL-2 will naturally be able to install BAT.

I want to believe that - we will see... ;)

Hello Monty and to all involved,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Best regards and a happy new year, Gerhard  :)
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Ask me if I care.
    • Friendly Fire isn't.
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2017, 07:17:35 AM »

TRNC
As much as I'd like to help you out, Northern Cyprus is a no-go for anyone outside Turkey.
It's easier, faster, cheaper and much more reliable to send something to Australia for me (I'm living in Germany) than to Norther Cyprus.
Hell, even Antarctica would be faster and cheaper!
Actually envelopes aren't accepted at all, parcels might or might not be delivered.
German post advises to address parcels to northern cyprus to "Mersin 10, Turkey" instead... spooky.
No parcel service gives any guarantee on delivery in that case.

I'm afraid only from within Turkey this might work.

Best regards - Mike
Learn. Challenge. Improve. In loving memory of the times when I cared...

PA-Dore

• Pirates de l'Air
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2017, 08:05:22 AM »

Many thanks for this great work!
As previously, I reported it on my IL2 1946 database
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 73   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 25 queries.