Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: B.A.T. Skin Collection v4  (Read 80933 times)

whistler

• Modder
B.A.T. Skin Collection v4
« on: December 22, 2016, 02:20:22 AM »

Around 10.000 Skins for B.A.T. Version 4

>> download link at the bottom! <<

THE SOURCES:
My deepest respect, admiration and gratefulness to all IL-2 artists.

THE DOWNLOADS:

Download, extract, move...

If you are starting a fresh skin repository you might need the IL-2_1946_4.12.2_Skins.zip (~750MB) and skin artists may find of interest the BAT_SkinCollection_VOIDS.zip (~11MB)

Changelog:
Code: [Select]
* Dec-2016: C.U.P. Skin Collection v1
* Jan-2017: B.A.T. Skin Collection v2
* Mar-2017: B.A.T. Skin Collection v3
* Oct-2020: B.A.T. Skin Collection v4

See you in the skies! whistler, Oct 2020.
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

whistler

• Modder
Re: C.U.P. Skin Collection ready to download
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 02:46:24 AM »

No need to say that many skins are sometimes compatible with other variants of the same aircraft, if you like one particular skin or skin set that is not available for one type, you can try duplicating and renaming the aircraft skin folder to that other aircraft slot... it may work!
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

spartan18a

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 03:33:16 AM »

Greatly organized, neat and tidy thread. Thumbs up!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Winning is optional, but trying your best is not.

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 03:52:00 AM »

Thanks a lot ! Just hope they are LoRez, no HiRez ! Better compatibility between game versions !

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 04:06:19 AM »

Hi Gaston,

I did not change any skin, anything that was included in the packs/compilations described in the topic are now part of these packs. You will find there are HD skins there, in example the short-sunderland comes with 12MB skins! and yes, I noticed myself a slight delay while loading these skins... but you know what? low-res skins remain low-res skins no matter what, but HD skins can be easily resized to lower resolutions!

If you search for *.bmp files, and order the results by size, you will see all HD skins...

urmel

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 07:27:58 AM »

Thanks whistler!

Captain Dawson

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 11:32:19 AM »

Outstanding, thank you Whistler!  :)  I can now add even more to my 17,000 file paintschemes folder!
"It's totally foolproof, until you mess something up." -Captain Dawson My OP rig: CybertronPC Palladium custom desktop computer, GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5, CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz 6M Cache Skylake Quad-Core, RAM: 8.00 GB, Motherboard: Intel H110 Chipset, SSD: 240GB, HDD: 1TB, OS: Windows 10

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 12:50:06 PM »

Outstanding, thank you Whistler!  :)  I can now add even more to my 17,000 file paintschemes folder!

Captain, if there is one single skin in these packs that you did not already have, then mate it was well worth the effort! :P Remember this was put together with C.U.P. in mind.

I noticed that the complete CUP set comes with as little as 125 skins, and that was a good decision: skins can be added later anyway and CUP does not grow in size unnecessarily. Skins are also a matter of personal taste, and while the default skins are always top quality I thought we should have more choices. On the other hand this is a way to preserve aging but good-looking skins (there are in these packs skins dating back 2001).

We can further refine these sets focusing on quality or we can build upon it. It would be cool to have (as a starting point) a few, just a few, top-quality theater-defining skins for EACH and EVERY aircraft available in CUP... but that takes time, research, knowledge and more importantly, brave decision making!

Again, this is a collection of previous compilations, nothing was left out without a good reason (aircraft not compatible or not in CUP), and I did not add any extra skin myself. I would like to credit each and every skin creator but man, that is just not possible. Some skins come with signatures, others don't. My deepest respect, admiration and gratefulness to all IL-2 artists.

CDS025_DOGO

• Saludos Camaradas
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2016, 06:36:59 PM »

Whaaaaa  :-*, That great quantity of skins for the CUP, very grateful, Merry Christmas for the foristas of the SAS.

Sorry I do not speak English  :-X

urmel

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2016, 07:34:02 AM »

Nice Skins,many thanks for sharing.

SGT68

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2016, 08:46:03 AM »

I want to extract the whole two files into my paintschemes\skins folder. Will the game intelligently load only the corresponding skin folders to the entiries it finds in air.ini or does the whole folder get loaded?
"A day without slaughter is like a day without sunshine" ..Marcus Kincaid

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2016, 09:53:52 AM »

Hey SGT68, not sure I understand your question. I believe having 17.000 or 0 skins makes little difference performance-wise (other than disk fragmentation). The engine reads the aircraft folder and/or skin only when it needs to.

You select an aircraft - the engine reads the aircraft folder for available skins and loads the current skin
You start a mission - the engine loads all flyable/AI aircraft skins for that mission

A skin guru or engine expert can confirm this.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 27 queries.