Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Answer me these questions 3... ere the finest game I'll see!  (Read 1800 times)

Buff1

Answer me these questions 3... ere the finest game I'll see!
« on: December 06, 2016, 03:08:59 PM »

With apologies to the bridge keeper at the Gorge of Eternal Peril, I have 3 questions of my own...

1: I have a new Nvidia based EVGA 1080 GTX. I've never really concerned myself with special settings for IL2 '46 as I do with WoFF, RoF and the newer IL2 iterations like CloD, BoS and BoM which all have much more refined graphics. But with all the flexibility in the newer graphics cards to tweak even older programs, I was wondering if anyone has experimented with finding the best settings with the newest generation of cards for IL2 '46? If so, could you perhaps post them?

2: Are there any entire war campaigns for WaW that will take a pilot from the beginning of the war right through to the end? Say a German starting in Spain or Poland and then getting transferred around to the Western Front ( Low Countries, France and Battle of Britain ), then perhaps to North Africa, then the Eastern Front, and perhaps back to the West to go up against the Allied bomber streams, finally ending up in 262's or some other last gasp aircraft? Or something similar for the Brits, Russians, Americans and Japanese? Same question for DoF? Or conversely, is there any way to 'link' different campaigns together with the same pilot and maintain his statistics?

3: I am having difficulties getting the DCG working in CUP and am a bit unclear on the DCG mod for VP. Is that a VP only mod for DCG or is it required for DCG to work in CUP?

Thank you very much in advance!

Rick W

Kopfdorfer

• Potez 63.11 France's most significant AC in 1940
Re: Answer me these questions 3... ere the finest game I'll see!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 03:29:56 PM »

African or European?

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 09:38:03 PM »

not sure about the OP, but Kopf, I don't quite understand your question, mate...?
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Buff1

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 09:43:16 PM »

not sure about the OP, but Kopf, I don't quite understand your question, mate...?

He's referring to swallows. He neglects to mention if they are laden or unladen... Humor from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. As is my post heading... That being said, my questions are completely serious and I would welcome some constructive thoughts as well as a few good chucks...

Rick

Kopfdorfer

• Potez 63.11 France's most significant AC in 1940
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 07:10:39 AM »

Hey Buff ,

Sorry I couldn't resist - you led me right where I wanted to go !
               Malone , you have to watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail with a few buckets of suds.
               I think you'll appreciate it.

1) IL2 runs best with Nvidia series cards. There is a lot of good info on best settings here at SAS and
                   elsewhere on the net. A few searches a cup of coffee some reading and a little experimentation with
                   settings in your config.ini and you should be on your way. As to the recent cards I can' help you
                   there at all , I can only envy how your game will look when you are settled in.
                   More technical folks please chime in with suggestions.

2) WaW is (relatively) recent , and though I know Monty and crew are always up to something , a campaign of the
                    scope you are suggesting is a labour (of love) to put together. There may not be a campaign like you desire... yet.
                    I do not know the CUP compatibility issues with  previous setups , but I suspect that if you use older campaigns
                    that have not been modified expressly for CUP you may run into glitches.
                    Start experimenting in the FMB yourself as soon as you can find some time. It may be you who produces the
                    masterpiece CUP campaign! You won't regret it.

3) I can't speak to DCG , but again I believe that data paths exclusive to CUP may render DCG disfunctional.
                    The site with the most info on DCG is here :

http://forum.jg1.org/forum/8-lowengrins-dynamic-campaign-generators-dcg-for-il-2-cfs2/

Also , Asura is working on updating DGen , here is a link to the info at 1C :
                    http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=30765

There is also a thread on Asura's developments here at SAS.
                    (Somewhere - I wasn't able to find exactly what I was looking for to direct you there).

Anyhow , there are many more expert folks than I to assist you , but that should get you started.

Apologies to Malone for the obscure film reference , I couldn't resist.

Good Luck in your upcoming IL2 experience Buff1.

Sincerely ,

Kopfdorfer
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 24 queries.