Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: IL-2 1946 4.09 SAS Mod Activator Guide  (Read 124569 times)

Verhängnis

• Unofficial Heinkel Fan
  • Modder
IL-2 1946 4.09 SAS Mod Activator Guide
« on: May 04, 2010, 03:35:07 AM »

IL-2 1946 4.09 SAS Mod Activator Guide-

First of all welcome to SAS and IL-2 Modding.

The resulting modded game you get from this will work offline only however your effects mods and cockpit mods etc will work online, your new Aircraft will NOT!

Installation

STEPS!

1) Install IL-2 1946 successfully on your computer. (Should be 4.07m, start up game and look in lower left corner.)

1.5) [FIX] FOR UBI.COM/DIRECT2DRIVE PREPATCHED 4.08
For those with the Digital Download of the Sim then you will need this fix:
Digital Download Fix
Now continue to step 2 then skip step 3 as this fix is prepatched to 4.08 and continue the rest of the guide from step 4.

2) Create another copy so as to avoid possible problems later.

3) Download the 4.08 Patch and Install: (Destination Folder: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Copy of IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 4.07) (Should be something like that.)

4) Download the 4.09 Patch and Install (Choose from one of these mirrors): (Destination Folder: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Copy of IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 4.07) (Should be something like that.) All patches are english unless specified otherwise.

4.09 (Deutsch)
4.09 (Nederland)
4.09 (Deutsch)

5) Test to see if the game is the correct version and that it works. If so then proceed.

6) Before you can use any mods, you need to download and install the SAS Mod Activator.
Mod Activator

7) Select the following items in the Download.
They are:
1) a folder called "MODS"
2) a folder called "FILES"
3) a file called Files.SFS
4) an exe Called Il2fb.exe
5) a dll called wrapper.dll
6) a folder called "DGen"
7) a folder called "Missions"
Drag (or copy) them all into your IL2 Sturmovik 1946 folder.
A dialog will appear warning you about folder replacement. Select "Yes to all"
And then you are done!
8. Test to see if the now modded game works: Start up game and look in lower left corner, it should now say 4.09m and on the right side it will say SAS Mod Activator V2.
If it works fine then proceed.
9) Download this Buttons
and place the buttons file in here (C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Copy of IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 4.07\MODS\STD\gui) and overwrite the other one.
10) Congratulations, you are now ready to install new planes, Effects and whatever else you want!

-Anything onwards from here is optional to install but I recommend you do it to become familiar with Mod files and how to install them. ;)

Aircraft Mod:

STEPS!

For the Brits we have the wonderful Spitfire Mk I!
Spitfire

1) First of all download the Spitfire MKI and open up the download and open the MODS folder in it and you will see the SpitMKI folder there, drag and drop that into your MODS folder. ( C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Copy of IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 4.07\MODS)

2) Navigate to your Air.ini and right click and open it up in notepad or a similar program.
(C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Copy of IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 4.07\MODS\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects)

3) Your Air.ini is in alphabetical order and I recommend you keep it that way or otherwise just place this line wherever you want the plane to show up in the plane list: SpitfireMkI       air.SPITFIRE1 1                       NOINFO  gb01  SUMMER

4) Close your Air.ini and save the changes.

5) Read the readme included with the download, most planes come with a planes_ru and weapons_ru lines to add but you don’t have to add these lines if you don’t want to.

6) I think you will figure out what to do with the skins folder which is only needed if you want to add new painstchemes for that plane.

7) If you do want to add those other lines then you will find the files here, open with notepad (C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Copy of IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 4.07\MODS\STD\i18n) , Paint schemes folder located here (C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Copy of IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 4.07\PaintSchemes\Skins) Just create a new folder and call it the specified name, in this case it would be “SpitfireMkI” The name of the skins folder is the same as the first thing for your Air.ini line “SpitfireMkI”       air.SPITFIRE1 1                       NOINFO  gb01  SUMMER

Effects Mod:

STEPS!

We are now going to install the very best effects mod for better explosions!!! And much, much more!

IL-2 1946 Plutonium Universal Max Effects V1
Plutonium Effects

Adding these effects is very simple and worth it.

1) Download and open the download.
2) Just find the Main folder with all the files in it and just drag and drop the entire folder into your MODS folder and read the readme aswell.

Objects Mod:

STEPS!

Ship Pack 2
Ships

Ship Pack is a great example of Installing an Objects Mod which requires adding much lines to the .ini files.

1) Download and open Ship Pack 2.
2) Enter the Mods Folder and Extract the ShipPack folder to your Installations MODS folder.
3) Navigate to C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Copy of IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 4.07\MODS\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects.
4) There you will see the .ini files. (If you do not have them for some reason here are the Stock 4.09 .ini files Stock 4.09 .ini Files )
5) In the download go into the folder AddTo Ini and open each ini file and copy the lines to the respective .ini files in your Install.(You must make sure that the "eof" line is at the bottom of the .ini files that have it.)
6) Start your game and if you have installed it correctly then you will have additional ships in game, go into Full Mission Builder and you should see new Categories "Ship Pack" and "Stationary "Ship Pack"
7) If all of this fails to prevail read the Readme included(Read it anyway) and try again.

Conclusion:

You will need to download the latest buttons from SAS and if you read the guide properly then you should know where to put them.(You only need to download the Buttons when a new plane is released, if you scroll the page you will find a list that states any changes to the button file, you can also see the version of the buttons in the link.
Buttons

If you have any problems with your Installation then please post in this thread and I will help you. Thanks!

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons

Thanx for the guide!

56th_SpitfireCW

Re: IL-2 1946 4.09 SAS Custom Install Modding Guide
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 01:20:13 PM »

im confused by step #1 of installing the aircraft. can someone help me ??????

56th_SpitfireCW

Re: IL-2 1946 4.09 SAS Custom Install Modding Guide
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 01:29:27 PM »

nevermind :P

TooTall

Re: IL-2 1946 4.09 SAS Mod Activator Guide
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 03:15:25 AM »

sorry but where do u put the buttons file? I can only find the one in the download. :-\

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 03:42:29 AM »

read through the installation steps again, paying special attention to step 9.  ;)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

10dthompson60

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 05:19:27 PM »

So I guess the SAS mod activator is not supported on this site anymore?

Verhängnis

• Unofficial Heinkel Fan
  • Modder
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 05:26:01 PM »

So I guess the SAS mod activator is not supported on this site anymore?

Lol this is SAS so...no.

This Mod Activator only works with Version 4.09 of the game so if you want to play 4.10 then don't get it, get the 4.10 Version.

10dthompson60

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 03:49:53 PM »

Ok, I will try to find the 4.10 version, since I had no luck with the previous one

10dthompson60

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 08:17:36 PM »

Yeah I got nothing

Verhängnis

• Unofficial Heinkel Fan
  • Modder
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 02:08:08 AM »

Yeah I got nothing

And if you just say that and don't be specific about what type of game you are running(Version etc) then we cannot help you.

10dthompson60

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2011, 01:03:58 PM »

lol yeah my mistake.
I'm running 4.09 right now,unmodded. but I have 4.10 ready for when I find the proper mod activator. I just patched it all up last week. But I've been told that I can't install any effects mod (Uranium edition new effects v1 is what I want. It's supposed to be the latest, so i've heard, so correct me if there is a new version) The only problem is that I can't find the damn thing anywhere. It's never mentioned on here or any il2 website. And The link to the 4.09 mod activator is broken or just taken down. So, I only have the default il2 folders. No MODS folder or EFFECTS.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 29 queries.