Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: P-39Q-30  (Read 30292 times)

Toobone

• Mapper
Re: P-39Q-30
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2018, 04:24:42 AM »

I'm dreaming of a Kuban Bellochka campaign coming  ;)

You about this campaign?  ;)

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2018, 05:32:09 PM »

I have never seen that campaign.  Do you have a link?

Toobone

• Mapper
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2018, 07:06:51 AM »

I have never seen that campaign.  Do you have a link?

http://forum.aviaskins.com/showthread.php?t=2987

http://fayloobmennik.cloud/2877786 - campaign archive, just click on blue WORD under dark red arrow for D/L  :)

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2018, 08:32:36 AM »

Is the campaign in English or only in Russian ?

Toobone

• Mapper
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2018, 05:24:08 AM »

Is the campaign in English or only in Russian ?

..only in Russian, sorry (enormous briefings right from memoirs of 16 GIAP veterans):
"Static campaign for Il2 v.4.11.1 or higher to the celebration of the 100th anniversary of thrice Hero of the Soviet Union Marshal of Aviation Alexander Pokryshkin (2013)".
if you've got RU fonts in your Windows, activate its & maybe you can to copy/paste Ru texts from Aviaskins in Google-translator. Ask Zoran395 about. 

Sergent Pepper

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2019, 08:59:10 AM »

Thank you for this mod. :)
Happy to fly with.
Any russian mods about La 5  and 7 series?

Old_DaD

• Fully engaged in the war on senior moments.
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2020, 08:07:03 AM »

I had a go at translating this Pokryshkin mission .Tried my best to get the syntax and grammer right, with a few tweaks to the text. Its OK (sure someone will disagree) but not sure how to send it to here though (as a Document file). I used Word pad to do editing.

Toobone

• Mapper
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2020, 07:21:10 AM »

I used Word pad to do editing.

Cool, its must be OK, just copy/paste from WPad to Notepad your briefs translating 4 Pokryshkin campaign as ANSI, next use any archivator, share in Mega (for example) & put here link to archive. Thats all.

Old_DaD

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2020, 12:10:55 PM »

Thanks for your reply Toobone..(your gonna hate me people), but you or someone might have to explain again. Ive created a 7zip file but I still can't attatch it to a post..must the translation be written using Notepad..ANSI, is a type of format? Im not familiar with MEGA either.

Old_DaD

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2020, 08:38:39 AM »

Orge Schwab

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2020, 04:09:16 PM »

I've installed this campaign and thanks to Old Dad can read the mission descriptions in English. However, I wonder about the title 'Kuban Bookcase'. Is that correct? Google Translate does indeed suggest 'Bookcase' for the second word along with other possibilities such as 'whatnot', 'stand' and 'rack'.
Maybe 'rack' is a clue. It occurs to me that the title might be a reference to the 'Kuban Stairs' tactic referred to in Osprey's Aircraft of the Aces "Soviet Lend-Lease Fighter Aces of World War 2" which covers the exploits of Pokryshkin during his time in the P-39. It says that during the summer of 1943 he perfected the "Kuban Stairs" tactic of having a strike flight fly at one altitude with a second flight further behind and above covering them, in case they were bounced. Then, there was a third flight staggered further back ready to bounce any aircraft that attacked the second flight. (This tiered arrangement of covering formations was similar to that employed on a large scale by both the British and the Germans in WW1).
Does anyone know definitively what the true translation is? It surely can't be 'Kuban Squirrel', as one of the suggestions (Kuban Bellochka) in this thread would have it! :-|

Old_DaD

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2020, 01:04:30 AM »

Thanks Orge Schwab for comments. Yes, it was a choice between "bookcase" or "stairs", I went for the former but in hind sight, "stairs" seems more appropriate when we look at the actual flight battle formation. Maybe his bookcase was one of those that lean back at an angle  onto a wall...hum! Of course, anyone is free to substitute one for the other in the text.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 26 queries.