Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any CUP DCG Battle of Britain (1940) campaigns?  (Read 5459 times)

Shakaali

• Missioneer
Re: Any CUP DCG Battle of Britain (1940) campaigns?
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2016, 03:12:55 AM »

Is it common to have the same target for multiple missions?

Yes, it is.  :(
"A truth ceases to be true when more than one person believes in it." -Oscar Wilde

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2016, 12:07:47 PM »

I think DCG tends to assign targets based on level of importance. If you are flying air superiority missions a lot over the same area - it could be a key location.

I am currently working on a Autumn/Winter '44 Campaign with lesson learned from my 41-43 campaign with fewer objects (to speed up loading times and reduce lag) but more location types that will trigger more mission variety (...for the Allied pilots). This will be focused on the aerial engagements of the units tasked with Reich Defense after the Great Retreat. It will be pretty cool because there USAAF and RAF units on the European continent operating from bases in France and Belgium during this period of the WWII. 

Uther

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2016, 12:17:14 PM »

I would be interested in that Campaign X Man. My system is feeling subpar with Lowengrins DCG.

The campaign appears to be working correctly. Getting start dates correct hasn't worked.

By default it wanted to start me November 1940. I changed it to 10 July 1940 and it started me 8 August.

Other than that the campaign appears to be working but I only have a couple Freijagd in so far.

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2016, 01:10:47 PM »

Uther - Sometimes the timetable.dcg controls the campaign, so despite changing the date in the DCG GUI - the next campaign starts with what is in the DCG. Change dates isn't recommend unless you just want to to auto generate mission - so in that case you need a different DCG mode.

Example: My Channel Front '41 - '43 campaign is designed to start on Dec 21 1940 - Mar 19 1944 and run for a specific time for each phase, changing the date at the beginning of each campaign will break flow (...so it will abruptly end). That's why they are called campaigns verses randomly generated missions.  ;)

If you run my campaign and change the dates after starting Spring '42 - you will miss the Channel Dash missions. I spent a lot of time tweaking the timetable.dcg to get the battle group to appear at the right time and to get the Swordfish to attack.

If you change the dates during the Summer '42 Campaign - you will miss the Deippe Raid (...I guess the don't call it a failed invasion). 

Shakaali

• Missioneer
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2016, 04:59:21 PM »

Ok, my version of Battle of Britain is ready.  :)

Just some final testings and tweakings. Expect it to be downlodable in 24 hours.
"A truth ceases to be true when more than one person believes in it." -Oscar Wilde

vegetarian

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2016, 11:29:40 PM »

Hey, this sounds good.

Shakaali

• Missioneer
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2016, 09:49:28 AM »

Uther

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2016, 05:15:56 AM »

Thanks for the replies!

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2016, 08:00:44 PM »

Wow just ran across this! Awesome job Shakaali - I will play this weekend! I may tweak my '41 - '43 campaign after playing yours so both campaigns can run seamlessly concurrently.

Shakaali

• Missioneer
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2016, 07:49:41 AM »

Thanks, JG7_X_Man   :D

Good idea combining the two campaigns. I'm quite busy IRL at the moment, but I may be able to give you a hand.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 26 queries.