Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: AVIA S-199  (Read 73278 times)

ceege1

Re: AVIA S-199
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2010, 02:57:10 AM »

Sorry, but I am not sure what you mean.
I have the latest buttons in my GUI in my mods STD folder. Do you mean moving this to another place??I thought you could only have a buttons file in one place?

ceege1

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2010, 04:05:21 AM »

What is this mod you are talking about as I can't find it anywhere?      'DiffFM MOD'

Do I need this to make the plane work?

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2010, 04:13:20 AM »

ceege1

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2010, 04:51:50 AM »

Thanks, the game will load now but when I get to the cockpit in game which I can see, the game and computer instantly freezes and jams the computer .The only way to get out of this is to completly log off and restart the PC. I remember this happened with the Skyraider as well.....any ideas on a fix????

ceege1

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2010, 04:56:58 AM »

Oh yes ,this happens now with any plane I choose not just the S199 ! Help please!

ringlett

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2010, 09:54:55 AM »

May I ask what is in theS-199 used enginer? If the original DB from Bf 109G-10 or the right Jumo 211 from the Heinkel  111...
S-199 I find it very fast

Metatron

• Modder
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2010, 06:36:04 AM »

Well I definitely found it slower than the Spit IX and Macchi, but good at diving and climbing, can anyone confirm this?

ringlett

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2010, 02:26:37 AM »

From Letka13 forum (www.letka13.sk) :

1.Reakcny propeller torque is too weak, should JUMO mule startup rocked and it should be necessary to offset the big rudder - this is not happening
 2.For removed, the ground would tend to have a mule preklapat lengthwise in the direction of rotation of the propellers - this is not happening
 3.T?žíšte (COG) should be moved more forward, because of the increased weight of the engine, it would result in worse properties 'pojizdeni' gently braking because of the tendency to turn snitch, a total change of gravity should have the guts even worse properties the twisted and should be a greater tendency to vyvrtkovaniu - done so
 4.Akcelerace should be slower but I feel that is as good as in dajmler Gustav
 5.Rychlost is slightly higher than it should be this but I do not even very tested.

1.Reakcny moment vrtule je prilis slaby,jumo by malo mezka pri starte rozkyvat a mala by byt nutna velka kompenzacia s kormidlom - nedeje sa tak
2.Pri odlepeni od zeme by mal mezek mat tendenciu sa preklapat pozdlzne v smere rotacie vrtule - nedeje sa tak
3.T?žíšte (CoG) by malo byt posunute viac dopredu,kvoli zvysenej vahe motora,malo by to mat za nasledok horsie vlastnosti pri 'pojizdeni' ,opatrne brzdenie kvoli tendencii preklopit sa na ratafak,celkovo zmenou taziska by mal mat mezek aj horsie vlastnosti pri kruteni a mal by mat vacsiu tendenciu k vyvrtkovaniu - nedeje sa tak
4.Akcelerace by mala byt pomalsia ale mam pocit ze je rovnako dobra ako u dajmlerovskej Gustavov
5.Rychlost je trochu vyssia ako by mala byt ale toto nemam este velmi otestovane.

I think that question is absolutely right. It would take a better implementation of the FM, the 3D model is super.

Thanks

Bao

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2010, 12:46:49 PM »

OK I'll correct ringlet's translation  ;)

1.prop wash and torque is not simulated well,Jumo engine had much more power during start-up procedure than DB.Lot of job was needed with rudder and ailerons during take-off and landing procedure.
2.There was also tendency to ditch the nose when too much brake was applied (mainly on rough airstrips).
3.Should have different CoG due to different engine and prop
4.It accelerates too fast.Jumo should not be as responsive as DB
5.Speed is a question.There are several sources.
- Some of them say it could reach 440km/h at sea level and not much over 520km/h in 6000m (IMO quite correct)
- some say way to 590km/h (IMO not very correct)
6.Synchronized MG's were unreliable (some israel pilots shot-off their props).Again cause of different engine for which synch.gear was not constructed

It was a stop-gap plane in Czechoslovakia's airforce built from spare and salvaged parts remaining after war on the teritory of country.In late 44 and early 45 underground factories for Me109G10 assembly were established in Czechoslovakia (Protecorate Bohmen und Meren) in unfinished railroad tunnels.While fuselage and wings were of quite good quality,it cant be said about bearings,screw fittings and undercarriage.DB605 engines of late war production were totaly unusable for peace conditions flying.Reliability was low.It is a myth that there was not enough of this engines (even after fire broke out in one of the biggest warehouses wher DB605 were stored) It was just not reliable and army did not commisioned them for usage in planes.Only about 30 planes were assembled after war as S-99 with DB605 engines.Rest of them were equipped with jumo's which were considered more reliable.It was not ment to be fighter in its own meaning of word.In times when soviet lavockins were rotting out,spitfires mkIX were no longer in production and Mig 15's not available yet,it was invaluable asset for training of new pilots after war.The fact it fought in Israel is just only because there was weapon embargo and they had very little to choose from.We offered mezek's and they accepted.That's it.  ;)

ringlett

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2010, 10:49:26 PM »

Thansk

Metatron

• Modder
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2010, 05:18:22 AM »

Are there any plans to give this the improved 3-d from the Bf-109 ultimate collection?

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2010, 03:50:48 PM »

Works without DiffMod for me  8), finally downloaded the Campaign to get the infamous skins. Thanks Ringlett/Bao for the additional Info. Thanks for this AC
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 25 queries.