Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: The Channel Front: 1941 - 1943  (Read 21352 times)

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
The Channel Front: 1941 - 1943
« on: July 28, 2016, 07:40:31 PM »

Channel Front ’41 – ’43 (A DCG Campaign) [My 1st DCG Campaign]

Backstory
As Germany could not bomb Britain into submission, the Luftwaffe was dealt its first defeat in the Nazi quest for world domination by the RAF. After enduring the Battle of Britain, the RAF began its slow “lean towards France”, which meant being more offensive minded by taking the fight directly to the Luftwaffe.
In preparation for Operation Barbarossa, The Luftwaffe started a slow transfer of fighter units that participated in the Battle of Britain to the Russian front, leaving Jagdgeschwader 26 (JG 26) “Schlageter” and Jagdgeschwader 2 (JG 2) "Richthofen" as the only daylight fighter defense of the Occupied north-west Europe from Belgium to the Bay of Biscay.

Campaign Information
This campaign is based on semi historic events of JG26 and its engagements with the RAF, RCAF and USAAF between Winter ’40 and Spring ‘43. Operation Jubilee “The Dieppe Raid “and Operation Cerberus “The Channel Dash” are historic but due to the dynamic nature of DCG, actually missions generated may not be accurate. The actual date the USAAF began combat operations in against JG 26 maybe slightly different from historic accounts.

These are not campaigns as much as they are time periods of the Channel Front Air Battles:
WINTER40 Channel Battles Continue: Dec 21 '40 - Mar 19 '41
SPRING41 Channel Patrols: Mar 20 '41 - Jun 20 '41
SUMMER41 Non Stop Offensive Begins: Jun 21 '41 - Sep 21 '41
AUTUMN41 The RAF's Circuses, Ramrods & Rodeos: Sep 22 '41 - Dec 20 '41
WINTER41 Cover for the Kriegsmarine: Dec 21 '41 - Mar 19 '42
SPRING42 The British Empire Strikes Back: Mar 20 '42 - Jun 20 '42
SUMMER42 Arrival of the "Mighty Eighth": Jun 21 '42 - Sep 21 '42
AUTUMN42 Allied Day Light Bombing Campaign Begins: Sep 22 '42 - Dec 20 '42
WINTER42 The Allied Build Up: Dec 21 '42 - Mar 19 '43
SPRING43 Round the Clock Allied Bombing Campaign: Mar 20 '43 - Jun 20 '43

Installation Instructions
Download Link:
Channel Front '41 - '43 (a DCG Campaign)
This campaign was created for use with Paul Lowengrin’s Dynamic Campaign Generator (DCG) v3.49b4 and SAS Community Universal Pack “C.U.P.” WaW #20.
Note: CUP-WAW#20 Compatibility Mod for DCG (by Moezilla and sniperton) is a required install – if not, the campaign will not run because this mod corrects the loadout of every aircraft in CUP. Also, my class.dcg, payload.dcg and allpayloads.dcg were created with this mod. Your aircraft will explode on the runway when they spawn if this mod isn’t installed before running this campaign. Sniperton's DCG Integration Tool is not required but very helpful to tweak aircraft range, loadout and mission assignment.

IF YOU ARE NEW TO DCG: Use this tutorial by Lonestar67 on how to install DCG.
DCG And Third Party Campaign Installation Manual

Instructions how to install Third Party Campaigns in DCG:
Decompress the Channel Front.zip into your DCG home directory.
Make a backup of the DGEN directory in you IL-2 game directory and copy the DGEN folder from the Channel Front folder to your main game folder, overwrite when prompted.
Copy Paintschemes folder from Channel Front folder to main game folder
Start DCG, select Optional Third Party Data Folder.
Navigate to the Channel Front folder and select allcampaigns.dcg
Select Off Line Career (Full Auto-Generation Mode) in the DCG main screen.
Launch IL-2 and select one of the two careers mentioned below (they are all linked).

Game Settings
Available Careers:
Luftwaffe: Luftwaffe Fighter Pilot over the Channel Front (DCG)
RAF: Royal Airforce Fighter Pilot over the Channel Front (DCG)

Paul Lowengrin’s Dynamic Campaign Generator (DCG) v3.49 Beta 4 must be used with this campaign

Active Front "Off"
   Air Starts "On"
   Massed Bombers "On"
   Delay Starts "On"
   No Transfers "On"
   Column Density "Full"
   Max. Flights/Squadron = 2
   Action Radius = 650km

Credits
Oleg and Team for IL-2
SAS team for keeping the dream alive
Paul Lowengrin for the excellent DCG campaign generator
GilB57 for an awesome map set
Lonestar67 for wonderful tutorials and help with make this campaign
vonofterdingen for help with make this campaign
Snipereton & Moezilla for an awesome tool and help with making this campaign
…and everyone else that helped make this possible (campaign makers,skinners, object makers, etc…)

Note: This campaign was built on a high end PC with an ultra-fast SSD so your load times maybe longer than usual. I had to saturate the 600 sq. km map with ground objects to guarantee level bombing missions deep into German occupied territory.

Post any questions and I am sure I or one of the other more seasoned DCG campaign builders will help you sort it out. NOW GO BLOW UP SOMETIN’!

Know Issues
DCG doesn't spawn static aircraft with non standard naming convention. Paul is working on a workaround(...This is hardly a showstopper). - FIXED! Thank's Paul  ;D

Updated: Added The Halifax B Mk. II for the brief time RAF Bomber Command used four-engined bombers in Circus operations.

vegetarian

Re: The Channel Front: 1941 - 1943
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 02:06:47 AM »

Wow, thank you JG7, this looks excellent.

sniperton

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 07:19:00 AM »

Great news, X-Man, thanks for sharing! Will try as soon as I get a new PC  ;)

ol' Navy

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 08:50:18 AM »

As might be expected, I have a question.  I don't see a paintschemes folder in the download.  Any guidance?  Thank you.  And, by the way, I haven't gotten far enough yet to see if I have success doing the rest of the things, much less the missions.  You might hear from me again (hopefully not).  Sorry for not being smart, but thanks for all your and everyone else's efforts.

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 10:22:32 AM »

As might be expected, I have a question.  I don't see a paintschemes folder in the download.  Any guidance?  Thank you.  And, by the way, I haven't gotten far enough yet to see if I have success doing the rest of the things, much less the missions.  You might hear from me again (hopefully not).  Sorry for not being smart, but thanks for all your and everyone else's efforts.

'Ol Navy - I wish you were not so observant. :) A lot of skinners don't like their work distributed without permission, because I didn't feel like look them up and waiting for consent - I left them out. The only skin that was hard to find was a decent blank Bf 109 F-4 10./JG26 (Jabo) skin (Emmel - thanks for making blanks skins for our use mate) but I found everything I needed on Mission4Today website

ol' Navy

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 11:07:18 AM »

thank you.  Just figured I'd missed it.

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 11:59:08 AM »

I will update the timetable.dcg to include the brief time in mid - late '41 when RAF considered the Stirlings and Wellingtons as possible replacements of the Bristol Blenheim.

ol' Navy

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2016, 03:22:41 PM »

I can remember a good while ago trying to get DCG to work, but when it came time to select a campaign, it beeped at me.  Same thing happened here.  Seemed as though all was going as it should.  I followed your instructions but when it came time to select a campaign (RAF or Luttwaffe), it wouldn't let me.  I did make sure I had the add in things as you directed, but it beeped.  This time, I am more than positive I have screwed up the DCG install, but I can't figure out how.  Does the beep indicate something specific?  One thing I am gonna try is to re-download the appropriate DCG and get rid of what I have now and try over again, from scratch.  But I just wanted to ask you about that beep.  Thank you for your patience and the help you provide us old guys.

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 04:11:23 PM »

'ol Navy (...'ol Marine myself :) ) Let's figure this out together!

Can you get back to a pre DCG install point? I hope so - then use the link below to install DCG correctly.

Lonestar67 - a long superuser of DCG posted this back in 2012:

DCG And Third Party Campaign Installation Manual

Follow his tutorial until you get to:

Starting of a 3rd party campaign without extra files for DGen:
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STOP! Then let me know and we will run some tests to generate his stock campaigns and then we will do the next step. I have all weekend  8)

Cycle

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2016, 04:30:39 PM »

Wow, this is a BIG one! Congrats, X man! :)

"Lenin sagte einmal, der ungebildete Mensch stehe außerhalb der Politik. Heute aber haben wir ein gebildetes Volk. Wie wir in den letzten Jahren handelten, bedeutete, es aus der Politik herauszuhalten. Das ist eine Mißachtung des Volkes. Das ist eine Art Elitedenken." Michail Gorbatschow

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2016, 04:49:33 PM »

Indeed! I am looking forward to trying this out.

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2016, 05:38:28 PM »

All you DCG gurus inspired me. I hope it bring everyone hours of fun. My only regret is that I didn't activate more airfields so the files can be reused.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 29 queries.