Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Where's Monty? - Right here  (Read 2973 times)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
Where's Monty? - Right here
« on: July 18, 2016, 07:16:07 AM »

Hello all.  Local and state politics, plus my odd choice to not own a cellphone, has meant that for some months I have been effectively out of it:  here and everywhere else.  I only access the internet at home you see.

While recovering from a serious injury to my right leg I also got into a Citizen's Jury (like a focus group) reviewing the Nuclear Fuel Cycle in South Australia.  Subsequent recovery physio and trips around the state have almost fixed my leg again and, along the way, converted me from an objective observer to a passionate anti-nuclear campaigner!

It doesn't matter what you think of my views though.  The fact is I didn't check back regularly and should have had the courtesey to make a greater effort to post back here.

For that I apologise, but I don't often use social media or a smartphone to dial in when I am away from the office.  I still like it that way.

So, where are we, what's going on and what's next?

I really want to complete the campaigns for The Spanish Civil War section of TGA.  That's my top priority right now.  These mission sets will bring TGA up to spec with the rest of CUP and complete part of a project that I have personally invested a great deal of time and effort in.

New habits:  It is very difficult to predict online activity when you live in sunny South Australia and there is always something else to do and somewhere to be.

Right now though - Friday is my main online day.  The idea is that, whatever else is going on, I will make myself available to answer questions, post updates and invest even more into further updates of the great CUP project.

I dare say that now I am back into the swing of things we shall probably push that envelope a little too!

Thanks again to all of you and the great community you comprise.  You are certainly among the most knowledgeable hobbyists anywhere online and it remains a great privilige to be one of your number.  :)

BlackAce7727

• BAT, UP, DBW
  • Skinner
  • Clown #77
Re: Where's Monty? - Right here
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 07:38:35 AM »

Monty! Nice to see you about, CUP has really helped me in screenshots, and there is a LOT more material from WWII to be put in CUP in the future.

Let the victor be justice...

spartan18a

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 08:12:43 AM »

Welcome back buddy! Since you started the SCW issue I have been reading and watching documentaries about our boody internal conflict. As a matter of fact, today is the 80th anniversary of the uprising or beginning of the conflict. Last month I went the Air Force Museum at Cuatro Vientos and I saw a lot of planes from the civil war.

http://goo.gl/photos/SH4XTsJgAaqARcCP9

I am also reading the book The Battle for Spain by Beevor. It make me restless to see how many things are the same after 80 years. Let's just say that we still have the Two Spains .... Really scary! I had members of my family on both sides and I really wish it never happens again. We cannot forget so easily and make the same mistakes.
Anyway, I hope you can keep focus on the task and be objective and neutral on your approach.

Take care and glad that you enjoy your healthy recovery and the real world out there! :)

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Winning is optional, but trying your best is not.

GEORGES44

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 10:42:18 AM »

Welcome back Monty!

Sorry to hear about your injury: be sure to take good care of yourself before anything else (even IL2 ;))....

...and do not apologize for your internet/phone policy, that's one I fully agree with :) :) :)

cherokeedriver

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 11:12:13 AM »

Seeing this thread is just the greatest way to start my day. Knowing you are still with us gives me the feeling that CUP is alive. As a user who often visits SAS to keep up with current events, I can tell you that your presence is quite important to us.......... even when we already have an amazing CUP to keep us in the air. It is quite a package and seems virtually trouble free except for the new users who must work through their own set of user learning experiences.

Sorry to hear of your injury. Real life and it's issues/joys take priority. It is good to know you will be looking over our shoulders from time to time....... even if it is only once a week or so as your schedule permits.

My thanks to you and all the team who put this magnificent CUP package together. It has surely added years to the life of il2 and keeps the group I fly with entertained almost every evening.

Welcome back!! :)

baggo

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 07:51:52 PM »

sorry to hear of your injury monty, but great to hear from you,deal with real life first mate you and your family come first,then when your ready that great project CUP.there is so much already in it how can anybody get bored,again take your time mate and so good to hear from you.....kev.

vegetarian

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 01:31:46 AM »

Good on you mate - don't let SA become a nuclear waste dumping ground.

And glad to hear you're still with us.

Cheers

Flying H

• "And you can fly, high as a kite if you want to..
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 03:07:31 PM »

Wecome back and get well! As a longtimer on IL2 I know about the 2 weeks, 14 days or a fortnight from Oleg`s days! Patience is what we were tought those days so take your time and remember "the Lord didnĀ“t create any haste, only a gentle motion!" (according to my grandfather)
And you can fly, high as a kite, if you want to.........

Alfie Noakes

• Art Director
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2016, 01:03:24 AM »

Yay ! Monty's back  ;D
You might also check out the developments in WW I......The new Avro is stunning and the new Caudron's, especially the IV, are excellent fighting machines  8)

Cheers

Alfie
Everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds

nyali

• Supporter
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2016, 05:06:01 AM »

As good as it is to hear your back Simon, please put your health first.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 07:21:40 AM »

Yay ! Monty's back  ;D
You might also check out the developments in WW I......The new Avro is stunning and the new Caudron's, especially the IV, are excellent fighting machines  8)

Cheers

Alfie

Thanks Alfie, yes on to those, good aircraft builds from Gio and the crew that translate well to 412 and function perfectly in DOF.  Completing the DOF and TGA campaigns is a top priority right now.  Updates will certainly follow.

ol' Navy

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2016, 09:07:51 AM »

Monty, glad to hear from you again.  Sorry for your health issues.  Be glad, however, that you ain't old as me and the other old fellers here, 'cause we never seem to heal anymore.  We just limp around and complain  from now on (you'll get better in a hurry I'm betting)  But as my bride of the past fifty one years says, it just gives me something else to gripe about and to discuss with my buddies who are equally ailing.  Anyhow, we are all happy to have you back with us.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 29 queries.